Gamma Core

davidj

Hi all,

I am in the Gamma Core Trials and now that I have an actual device I wanted to give you all a thread on how it is going. I knew as soon as I went into phase two of the trial the first device was a sham just from how it felt when it was on my neck and the lack of effectiveness. I have used the real device 9 times to abort and 8 of those times it worked and I did not have to go on the 02, the main drawback is that you are supposed to only use it every 12 hours and since I am a multiple hit person I still have to abort with 02 the rest of time. The positives are it is easy to use and only takes about 6 minutes to use. The average attack has aborted within 15 minutes of use and the pain has only ramped up to a kip 6 twice. I continue to dose with seeds which is keeping my hits to 2-3 a day and I have been in cycle since the beginning of August. I will post an update every week or so and I am happy to answer any questions you may have on the device. Happy New Year and wishing all PFD&N'S

David

Your results for aborting hits are encouraging indeed David, thanks.

I imagine the vast majority of CH'ers are multiple hit people when in high cycle, so yeah that "only use it every 12 hours" thing is a wee bummer. It sounds like it could be especially nice if they continue to refine the technology for effectiveness, number of times per day it can be used, etc., but hey your success with 8 out of 9 abort attempts is definitely something to write home about IMO.

Bejeeber,

The reason they gave for the wait has to do with their concern on how it effects our bodies. Some people have experienced high blood pressure while others low blood pressure. So far I really haven't felt any adverse symptoms and I am planning on going to Italy in February so I will be testing it out for multiple uses. I am concerned about no O2 in Italy and the plane flight so this may be the answer.  I think it is more of a testing concern and hopefully if it proves to be safe it can be used as we would us O2.

Cool - yeah that's not surprising I guess that they're proceeding cautiously with the frequency of use, until more data comes in on whether there is a risk there or not.

Fingers crossed big time for you - and heck everyone here - that it will turn there's no significant danger there, and multiple hit types will be freed up to use it more often if necessary.

Imagine the relief for CHf and his daughter if this type of technology turned out to be a good fit for her.  :) OK maybe I should stop naming people around here who I think could benefit because the list would get really long really quickly!

I am concerned about no O2 in Italy
David, have you looked into this?  There must be a way to arrange for O2 overseas, no?  I remember that when Tingeling came to the Chicago conference from Norway (Finland?), her supplier had O2 waiting for her. (Where is Ting, anyway?  I sure miss her.)

I've been wanting to say that my thanks go out so much to people who have been testing the GammaCore. To just tolerate attack after attack when you know you probably have the placebo device, as you did -- man, to me that's way above and beyond, Hall of Fame level commitment. 

David

Do one uses this only on the right side of the throat? Has it something to do with the Vagus Nerve? 

Yes that is my understanding on the Vagus Nerve and yes right side of throat.

CHFather, my supplier was no help on Europe, not really sure what other action to take but so far the Gamma core has worked well enough I am willing to risk it.

David, here are a couple of places that say they make oxygen available, in tanks, worldwide.  I don't know anyone who's ever used a service like this, so if you learn anything, I'd love to hear about it.

http://www.travelo2.com/OXYGEN_LIQUID.htm

http://www.oxygenworldwide.com/

Also, Linde has a service called Oxytravel, which says it can arrange O2 worldwide.  I have a hard time navigating their website, but it gives this number to call (from the US): 866-216-5120  (http://www.linde-healthcare.us/en/home.html)

I'm thrilled that the GammaCore is working so well. Do you get to keep it?

Thanks CHfather, I am trying to work with my provider again sort of forcing them to help me out but if that fails I will give the companies you provided a shout. As far as keeping the device that would be a no, the trial is for 3 months and then I have to give it back. The hit I treated last night did not go away with the gamma core, had to use O2 to get rid of it. It has not worked as far as a complete abort 3 times out of 13, but it has seemed to keep them from ramping way up to kip 9-10, no worse than a 6 on 3 occasions. I have been dosing with seeds since August and they don't seem to be helping as much as they used to so I am trying to clear my head and I haven't dosed in 8 days which may have contributed to the device not working as well but who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

So  quick update on my trials with the gamma core. I am using it regularly on my first attack of the day usually around 11am, the earlier I can get to it the better. In most cases I do not get a full abort within a half hour, however the pain doesn't get above a kip 5 and when I get tired of dealing with it (trying to go as long as I can before hitting the O2 to see if it will abort) I can abort with just a few minutes at only 6 LPM on the O2.  Much more effective than an energy drink in making the O2 more effective but honestly not effective most of the time in a full abort. I am thinking however that maybe for people that O2 hasn't been effective in the past for this could be a godsend. Also as a citizen scientist of this community who like most others stretches the limits I have used it multiple times within the restricted 12 hours with no adverse effect and the getting same result of keeping the beast from going full blow and making the O2 so much more effective at lower LPM.

PFDAN to all

David

PS: Looks good but expensive on O2 for Italy, thanks for the advice CHfather

David, thank you for this.

With this level of GammaCore outcome, would you drop it altogether and just use O2, except in situations where oxygen isn't available?  I assume you haven't yet tried just using it for only a minute or two and then switching to O2 to see how it affects an O2 abort (making it more like using an energy drink)?

CHfather,

I am going to go the full 3 months with it. As far as a minute or two the whole use of it is six minutes so I only have to wait 9 more from last use to hit the O2. I have had to hit the O2 only a few times before the full 15 minutes went by and on those occasions I blame myself for not getting on it right away. I forgot to mention that it does NOT work well if you are pushing a kip 3-4 before getting it going, you must use it at first sign or it really doesn't help that much. It has potential but it definitely is not a complete alternative to O2 for me. The idea of using it as an energy drink type of assistance is probably the best analogy in my case as it definitely makes the O2 so much more effective (along with busting as well).