Question about Capsules

MoxieGirl

Hi gang,

I'm thinking of replacing my mushroom tea and start using capsules instead.

I'm looking at this device:

capsules_zpsf5418600.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capsule-Connection-CAPSULE-FILLER-MACHINE/dp/B00CZOCJJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389602152&sr=8-1&keywords=capsule+filler

Which I assume is the sort of thing most people use.

How do you get the amount right? I'm guessing weigh the amount you want to take, say 1.2g, crush it then divide out amongst x number of capsules?

Can you make up a bunch of capsules at once, then freeze them? I guess the moisture might dissolve them though. I presume you make them as you take them.

Is the dose stronger than what you would get from the same amount of shrooms in tea?

MG

Moxie,

That's very similar to the one I use.  (I like the picture you show better than mine because of the high walls and one corner open to recycle material that doesn't fit in the caps!)

Someone I knew :),  packaged everything from one grow into caps and stored in premeasured doses that are still being used two years later.  After putting in caps, they were put in small zip lock bags (with a small amount of dessicant) and put in the freezer (cracker dry to start with, and ground using a coffee grinder).  2+ years and haven't lost any punch.  The 00 caps weigh .072g each, so computing the dose is easy by weighing the total number of caps subtracting .072 for each cap then adjusting dose as needed to get proper amount of M.

Your stomach will love you for it!!! :)

J

That's fantastic to hear. I thought it might work that way.

OK, so let's just get a few details worked out.

If my normal dose is 1.2g soaked in tea, then would I also need to take 1.2g ground into capsules?

If so, and there is .072 in a capsule, that around 16 capsules.

Ug.

MG

OK, so let's just get a few details worked out.

If my normal dose is 1.2g soaked in tea, then would I also need to take 1.2g ground into capsules?

If so, and there is .072 in a capsule, that around 16 capsules.

NO, no, no.

The capsules themselves weigh about .072 gms.  If you really stuff them, you can get about .4 gm in one capsule.  So if you should be pretty close to your 1.2 gm dose with 3 capsules.

Moxie,

I almost shot water out my nose when I read your post..  16  caps... talk about shooting for the stars, we would have been waiting for you to come back down for a few days.  ha ha... ;)

Yea, Alleyoop got my math correct.  (and maybe I should have been more clear).  The size '00' empty capsule weighs approx .072 grams.  I use size 00 caps and for purposes of an example:

If I had 5 packed caps that weighed a total of 1.9g:  I'd subtract (5 X .072 = .36g) .36g from that total weight of 1.9g which gives me a fungus weight (inside the caps) of 1.54 grams.  Again, just an example.  Depending on how tight you pack your caps determines your actual dose and number of caps to take for target dose.  Those gelatin capsules are actually fairly heavy and can significantly affect the target dose as you can see from my math above.

:D

J

Thanks Alleyoop and Jeff, that makes A LOT more sense now. hehe

From what I've read, "0" is smaller than "00".  yes?

My house mate was wondering if all the psilo gets digested when swallowed, or if some of the shroom gets worked out of the body with waste.

So is swallowing the whole shroom more or less effective than drinking the liquid, which apparently digests easier?