Sex

shya

Have any of you CH sufferers found sex will stop a CH?

My boyfriend would often wake up with K3-5 CH very early in the morning (4-6 am) and be in quite a bit of pain. For whatever reason, we actually found that sex would end the attack.

I read an article the other day of a man who was having a CH when his wife had an accident in the house. The shock of that and the relief of seeing she was alright, stopped his attack. I guess what all these situations have in common is the endorphin released. Still tricky though... I for one can't be bothered to do jumping jacks for half an hour if I have a bad one.

I too have seen reports over the years, and sometimes (guys at least) say it's the, um, *happy ending* that can stop the CH.

I for one can't be bothered to do jumping jacks for half an hour if I have a bad one..

Me neither - and I wouldn't have any faith that it would work, as typically the hopes for aborting an attack with exercise revolve around catching it right at onset before it has ramped up fully, and doing all out extreme sprint 'til you drop type exercise that couldn't be sustained for anything close to a half an hour anyway.

• 4 weeks later...