Spring Ahead Issue

trytosurvive

IÂ’m curious, just sprung the clocks ahead 1hour for daylight savings time this past Sunday. I got hit last night hard enough to run for the o2 tank, felt like my teeth were getting ripped out thru my left eye. I havenÂ’t had to do that since October. Seems like playing with the clocks impacts my head. Does anyone else see this pattern? Going  to MM bust ASAP I guess before it sets in.

Yes, Daylight saving time (DST) or summer time, and law time, or whatever you call it (when you change your time 1 hour ahead or forward), always messes with my CH, or can even trigger it to start.

CH is all about circadian rhythms, so that's quite predictable.

DST is basically the stupidest idea ever, even if it didn't unleash the beast on the CH'ers of the world.

WHY are we still doing this daylight savings time utter BS??!! Arizona and Hawaii [and POTTER] have abolished it, so what are the rest of us waiting for? Can I get an amen?!

can-i-get-an-amen-kitty.jpg

So when I open up the face of my grandfather clock and push that big hand around one time my hypothalamus immediately goes wonky and I go into cycle?  Edited to add: Bullshit.

That ain't circadian nothin that's simply mechanics.

Potter

You change all your daily rhytms. You eat, go to sleep, wake up, and even flush your toilet one hour later or earlier.

So no, it's not bullshit. It's just a kick in your omeostasis metaphoric nuts, and when all circadian rhytms are screwed up, the one who's called out first to share all your body faults it's the hypothalamus itself.

You change all your daily rhytms. You eat, go to sleep, wake up, and even flush your toilet one hour later or earlier.

So no, it's not bullshit. It's just a kick in your omeostasis metaphoric nuts, and when all circadian rhytms are screwed up, the one who's called out first to share all your body faults it's the hypothalamus itself.

I change nothing at all not even my clocks as John and Joan Beebe can attest to.  How do we explain circadian rhythm to the chronics or folks that are completely random?

Potter

I change nothing at all not even my clocks..

Oh....looks like I need to go back and edit my post above to include you with Arizona and Hawaii!

Hmmm if enough of us personally rebelled like that it could force a universal abolishment of the evil and insane "spring forward".  8-)

In fact, the original poster educately asked if other CHers got their clusters triggered and/or worsened by DST, to see how many people do suffer because of that, that's it. It's still very interesting to see all kind of repetitive patterns among the patients, as they're always hindsights for additional etiology explanations.

And, on top of that, it totally makes sense that there are many clusters triggered by that, as circadian rhytm is involved in CH, even if not for all of us (at least on a measurable level).

That's the reason why most CH fire at the same time every day/night, start in the same season, etc etc.

Your's different? Random and chronics are different? Well, there's nothing strange in that. Maybe there are additional malformations/genetic variations/underlining diseases that modify CH, or some of them jsut degenerate, or change with age.

Or they're just worsened by climate, world region, race (are we all male white caucasians here?), temperature, weather conditions, lifestyle, nutrition.

Believe me, except than for maybe infections, most genetic diseases vary quite a lot from patient to patient: there's no absolute or universal "epyleptic" or "schizophrenic" patient for example, and I've seen a lot of different patterns for celiac disease, to the point that many researchers are starting to think to furtherly differentiate them in more categories.

Any information is useful, being it positive (yes, DST crappity smack me up), or negative (no, DST don't crappity smack me up), or just partially positive/negative (yes, DST crappity smacked me up in the past, but it doesn' crappity smack me up since 10 years).

Before I knew anything about busting, I had a theory that anthing I could do to break up the rythm of the clusters would help. It seemed like the more regular the clusters were, the longer they would stick around. So I used to try radical disruptions to my sleep paterns. Like I would stay up for two days straight, or only sleep for two hours at a time. It never killed the cycle but it did seem to affect the pattern, and it did seem to end the cycle faster than doing nothing at all. It wasn't scientific, but I'm sure you all know how it feels to be desperate enough to try anything.

And that's my 2 cents worth. :)

My experience is just the opposite instead.

The more I force myself on living a regular lifestyle, with fixed hours to eat, sleep, wake up, have sex etc, the more it helps with clusters.

With some clusters I had back in the past, even just going to bed 1 hour later, or skipping a meal, could trigger devastating backfire K9 CH strikes, with shadows that could keep lingering for days.

Sometimes a DST time change midway-through a subsiding cluster, worsened it to the point it got back to starting point again, increasing its overall lenght.

About overall cycle durations... well, they do the fuck they want, no matter what. And many times, expecially in the last 6-7 years, when the cycle seem to be gone, they just go dormant for a few days, up to a week or two, just to come back with a vengeance.