Question CH

timmyy

Greetings

my name is oren, 30

I have been suffering for five years from chronic CH .Also, I suffer from migraine. And they come together... :( 

Around attack - two a week. Taking verapamil, buprenorphine, Magnesium and Lithium.

I am aware of regarding detoxification.

Unfortunately I can not get mushrooms, But only truffles.

I wanted to know - Is that good enough?

How many times should I try before I give up?

Sorry about the English, it's not my native language :)

Thanks a lot!

Hello Oren,

Many people here have had success using truffles.  I hope one or more of them will be here soon to tell you what they know.  If not, we'll try to go back in the files and see what there is there.

After detoxing, you will want to try at least three times before you give up.  Some people get results sooner, and for some it could take longer. 

There is at least one person here who gets very good relief from her migraines, as well as from her cluster attacks, from using psilocybin.

(In case it isn't clear, I think Potter is suggesting that if you do not have oxygen to treat your headaches, you should get it.  In addition to the link he gave you, you can read the ClusterBusters oxygen file under the black and white menu tab on the left side of the page.)

Hi timmyy from the Netherlands  :).

OK I'm just guessing about the Netherlands part since I know that's where psilocybin truffles are legal but mushrooms aren't.

Happy to report truffles have indeed been good enough for others who have tried them.

How many times should I try before I give up?

Psilocybin does work for the majority of CH'ers (and there have been some good reports from migraineurs too), so I'm not sure that at this point you should even be concerning yourself with how many times you bust before giving up. Fortunately it's common to get an indicator with the very first bust that things are improving, or at least starting to change.  8-)

Thank you all :)

First - I tried oxygen for months, but unfortunately it did not help

I went through the archives, I realized that sometimes truffles helps and sometimes not, but less success of the mushrooms (am I wrong?)

My problem is that it may be hard for me to stop the medication for a long time, because it can worsen the condition. To stronger everyday pain ...: (

And I'm not from Holland :) .. a few thousand miles away

And I'm not from Holland.. a few thousand miles away

Doh! Alright so much for my oh so clever guesswork.  :D

I have to wonder if it's just a matter of consuming enough truffles (and there's one strain that's particularly strong - I wish I could remember it's name) in order to get to the same trip level (and therefore the same effectiveness) as with mushrooms.....?

I tried oxygen for months, but unfortunately it did not help

Sorry to be a pest, but did you try high flow, 100% O2?

The outmoded, but still widely attempted low flow rebreather manner of administering O2 is weak. A joke. Doesn't work for me and countless others. 100% / High flow is way more effective.

I tried high flow, 100% O2, but... nothing. maybe once...

the wonder that you specify for the level of mushroom / truffle is like mine .. I just do not know what more help. I have no experience of it

your guess wasn't that bad, I guess that the origin of the truffles are from Holland as well.. they got here somehow.. [smiley=cool.gif] [smiley=cool.gif]

I tried high flow, 100% O2, but... nothing. maybe once...

the wonder that you specify for the level of mushroom / truffle is like mine .. I just do not know what more help. I have no experience of it

your guess wasn't that bad, I guess that the origin of the truffles are from Holland as well.. they got here somehow.. [smiley=cool.gif] [smiley=cool.gif]

What flow rate and what type mask?

Potter

Timmyy,

I wonder if when you used the O2 you got on the high flow before the attack came full blown?  Myself and I'd say most others would agree O2 is useless unless you are able to get on it before the attack really hits.  As soon as I feel the 'knowing' that an attack is coming I get on the high flow.  Then the attack comes, but it's very short as long as I get on the O2 quick enough.  If for some reason I don't get to the O2 by the time the attack starts, I'm in for a very painful long attack. :(

With the truffels I'd target a threshold trip level to start with.  Then adjust your second dose up or down depending on how you felt.  It's normal for the attacks to change time of day and actually get a little worse for the few days after dosing.  Then the attacks start reducing in pain and frequency.

PFW,

J

t.h.m.h- So for you the truffle helped? You tried also mushrooms?

For oxygen - I had a container for several months, so I could use when I felt something coming. I had most of the time tube nostrils. Power was around 10.

t.h.m.h- So for you the truffle helped? You tried also mushrooms?

For oxygen - I had a container for several months, so I could use when I felt something coming. I had most of the time tube nostrils. Power was around 10.

Then you were doing it wrong.

Potter

https://clusterbusters.org/?page_id=77

non-rebreather mask (best is O2ptimask: in Europe: http://headachemasters.com/product.asp?product=3); flow rate of at least 15 liters per minute.          :)Nice catch, Potter. :)

In the short run, while you're getting a proper oxygen setup, try quickly drinking an "energy drink" at the first sign of an attack coming.  In the US, energy drinks include RedBull, Monster, and 5-Hour Energy.

I had most of the time tube nostrils. Power was around 10.

I'm sorry you were wrongly prescribed that, as so many CH'ers still are.  :(

10 LPM with nasal canula is just pathetically ineffective for a large number of us, and it is not by any stretch of the imagination high flow 100% O2.

The good news is there's a very good chance O2 could still work for you if administered effectively. So yay for that.  :)

Timmyy,

Over the last 4 years I've used RC Seeds, HBWR Seeds and Mushrooms (sorry not any truffles).  Mushrooms have provided the most consistent dose and relief out of the substances I've used.  Since truffles have the same chemicals just lower concentration, you should be fine dosing with truffles.

O2:  I agree with Potter.  The O2 setup you had wouldn't have done anything to help your CH.  Please review the link CHFather provided above.  Using O2 correct (with a NON-Rebreather mask) is the #1 abortive for most people with CH (particularly once they ditch the setup from the doctor and get their own high flow system.)  It's a complete game changer on attacks.

PFW,

J

Hello timmyy, here is a thread where an experienced truffle user shares his knowledge. You can also use the search tool on top of page and type truffle in there or even I think you could try to send him a message or just reply in an old thread where oscar posted and he should reply... I suppose

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1319363808/0