Where is the Clusterbusters method in the website?

Tony Only

I have to give up, could not find it. Where has the Clusterbusters method been moved to ? Please don't tell me it's message board only nowadays. I believe it is absolutely No. 1 reason for people to come to the site and should stay easy-to-find. I think the CB method is something to be proud of, to be presented over various papers now replacing it in the "Treatment" section.

Only thing I can find is via the Links, 1st link directs here. Imagine someone coming to the website for the 1st time and wondering what is busting, maybe a bit skeptical. Clusterbusters method was well explained, easy to find and the this site only place that offered it easily. Now it's way too hard to find for the newcomers, subject hard to "open up" unless someone is guiding newcomers step by step.

At first I misunderstood TO's question, but I think he's asking where it is if a person goes to the CB website and not the message board.  He's right, I think, that it's very hard to discern from the website what "busting" is about.  I understand, and I know Tony does too, the rationale for that, but what he's saying -- that unless someone comes to the message board and gets guided, or they happen to find the CB Files section, they're not going to understand much about about busting -- also seems valid to me. 

Yes, sorry everyone, it's my lousy english again. I know where it is here in the message board.

But it has disappeared from the main website www.clusterbusters.org

The last time I checked it was under "Treatment". I guide people here from our finnish group, international groups etc. and it has been praised how "complete" and clear it was (in the website, not in the message board) plus easy to find. Especially if you are limited in english skills, you need to hit the CB method easily (to be able to print it etc. and have it translated). I don't know how it is world over but I can say here in Finland people are not too good with boards, even when some crucial information would be on the message board, they avoid it and rather ask around.

Clusterbusters method is something to be very, very proud of, it should not be hidden - it is just as valuable and serious treatment as the official ones.

Up until this point the busting and CB method has always been presented as website material as far as I am aware.

CHfather: Yes, especially in Facebook people throw links around to Clusterbusters all the time and when CB method and information about busting was available that was ok. You came to the site, you got it, stayed or left. Now it's very hard to understand what this is about if you don't have any clue on your visit. I know, word of mouth etc. but still.

Tony,

I have to agree.  I haven't even looked at the website in a very long time.  I only come directly to the message board.

The main site seems to nearly be sterilized of "busting" information.  A few minutes ago I had to dig around to find any mention of it.  The old site had something like a "start here" link that reviewed very clearly what busting is, what substances and how to get started.  Seems that information is either nowhere to be found, or it's so buried a newcomer might never find it.

Most of the information on the new site is just reference material.  I wondered why so many people come to the message board asking what "busting" is and how to do it.  I had assumed people were being lazy and not reading the "start here" information.  I understand why they're a bit in the dark now.

J

I would ask you all to be a little patient with us. Yes there have been recent changes on the website and more will be coming.

There are many good things about social media and being able to reach more people, but this also creates additional problems. The increase in the numbers of people we can reach with helpful information is proportionate with the numbers of detractors and those that would do harm to our goals.

The bigger steps we take forward and becoming more accepted and understood, the more drastic the steps people will take to hurt us.

For us to be able to continue to spread the word we must be smart.

Our Clusterbusting documents have recently been granted a copyright and a copy now sits in the Library of Congress. Now, not only are these treatment methods available from Clusterbusters, but the US federal government is also making these documents available. I think that is pretty cool and an important step in what we are trying to do.

Please be assured that changes we make are regarding this issue are intended to assure that this information will ALWAYS be available.

This is the direct link

https://clusterbusters.org/?page_id=1618

It can be found on the website, in the treatment tab at the end of this section:

Response of Cluster Headache to Psilocybin and LSD – R. Andrew Sewell, John H. Halpern and Harrison G. Pope, Jr

Note:  the above link will download and open a .pdf file of the report

Published in Neurology in 2006 and linked here from the MultiDisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS).  The abstract reads:

The authors interviewed 53 cluster headache patients who had used psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)to treat their condition. Twenty-two of 26 psilocybin users reported that psilocybin aborted attacks; 25 of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported cluster period termination; 18 of 19 psilocybin users and 4 of 5 LSD users reported remission period extension. Research on the effects of psilocybin and LSD on cluster headache may be warranted.

This case report lead to the development of a research protocol into the potential use of these substances in the treatment of cluster headache.  While there are yet no clinical trials underway, we provide an easy to read overview of the protocols and procedures that were/are being discussed and developed for future research projects in the  following pages – click here. 

It is in the "following pages-click here" link at the end.

Bob

Certainly understand needing to ensure the website doesn't follow the format of a "blue light" site.  That would give a negative perception to those visiting the site IMHO. 

How do we get the basic "Start Here for Treatment" documentation put back up?  I think people really need to have the step by step documentation else people are just going to leave the site.  The site mostly just looks like any of the other hundreds of CH websites that just talk about what CH is.

I remember distinctly several years ago when I came to the site.  I was able to quickly find and review the doc of what substances, how much, how to prepare, what the expected experience is etc.  Those docs can be a life saver for someone in critical need. 

The medical journal documents are great for supporting information, but they don't provide useful information to help someone get treatment (what, how much, how often, what's expected, etc).

Just thinking about how to help people and reduce confusion / frustration.  I think we all know how desperate and confused a new person finding the site can be.

J