Something new, out the blue

g-man

So I figure I knew a little about CH, having dealt with it on & off for 17 years. Wrong. After a long hiatus, our ol' buddy paid me a visit in February. Started dosing with HBWR, which has worked for me in the past very well, and it went away after about six weeks (instead of the 5 months it used to take). So I figure I'm out the woods for a while, right? But night before last I'm sitting on the couch watching TV with the wife, when - booom! - I get clobbered. Wasn't a bad one, but still, this is a new wrinkle for me. What the !#@*^!~ is going on?

Just when you think you're able to predict some of the beast's long established behavior he goes and pulls a completely unexpected switcheroo, like a "rogue hit" for instance.  >:( Well that's what I've seen a hella lotta headbangers report anyway.

I think if it was me I'd be preparing to counterpunch with some more busting ASAP.

Well, the next night (Friday) I had a gig and I was terrified of getting hit onstage (hey lookit the guitar player - why's he bashing his head on the floor monitor?) so I mixed up a batch and had it at the ready because I've actually aborted a banger by gulping a dose right after it started - took about 15 or 20 minutes to take effect. Thank God, I made it through OK. I dosed after I got home, hung out for a bit then took an Ambien and crashed (got that idea from Bob B) and next day everything was fine. Still planning on every five days for awhile, though.

Why did this stoopid crap wait til the start of playing season to show up? Could've done it in the winter when there's almost no work - but NOOO-OOOH, let's wait til tourist time when the joints start jumpin'. AARRRGGGGGGGHHHH! >:(

That's not uncommon. Many of my cycles started, or even worsened during very tight seasons, expecially when I had a lot of work or a lot of things to study.

It is not stress-related, even in very stressful periods CH stay the same: it's more likely related to period with high mental activity, at least for me.