Research on new tryptamine option

Par,

Concur with LT2 and CHFather - 200%

Falling asleep with an 'E' tank isn't so bad, because there's less than an hour of O2 at 15lpm.  BUT if you're using a larger tank, or concentrator having the mask strapped to your face can be deadly.  Alveoli sacks in your lungs will slowly collapse when on 100% O2 too long. 

HIGHLY recommend taking CHFathers advice and don't strap the mask to your face, only hold it to your face, so if you fall asleep / pass out, it will fall away.

J

Mostly I have no straps on the masks, but I do use a Maskless feed sometimes, which can have a tendency to hang in the mouth (just pipe=>reservoir=>oneway valve.). I grip this in my teeth -  no leakage or mixing you see. I found that this gives the best / quickest relief.). I wear a beard sometimes you see and the masks are a right PITA.

After reading here - I will take more care - I might even shave.

I might even shave

par, the "Cluster O2 Kit" (formerly known as the O2ptimask) comes with a nice breathing tube that can be used instead of a mask. In the US, it can be ordered here: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/khxc/.  Used to be available in Europe (where I think, for some reason, that you are) at headachemasters.com, but apparently it's been discontinued there. I think you can have one shipped there, but I don't know how pricey that would be.  The "kit" itself is $23US.  A lot of people like this setup for other reasons (bigger, stronger, bag, etc.), and the mask might even be good enough to give you a good seal.

Hey Par. . .unfortunately, the Sandomigran is a bit beyond my depth of knowledge. I understand it pushes some of the same "buttons" as the tryptamines and other common preventives, but seeing as that's only about 10% of the picture, I really have no idea how it might work. But I would assume that any doctor writing that prescription for CH would at least have some information or history of success with it. Pretty common for migraines, from what I've read.

Par,

Please be careful with anything 3D printed and O2.  You should test the plastic in a 100% O2 environment before putting to your mouth and breathing with it.  (maybe direct a 100% flow over the plastic for a little while?)

Hydrocarbons spontaneously burn in a 100% O2 environment.  I don't know the % of hydro carbons they use in the 3D printing plastic, but I'd suspect it's fairly high due to the need to melt at specific temperatures.

That's the reason silicone is used for medical devices.  (no hydrocarbons that react with O2).

J

• 4 weeks later...

Great thread!

I'm on my second treatment of 5-MeO DALT...while I had a pf summer, the clusters returned mid October.

I'm really excited or interested in the  "ghost" attack comments, so thank you par for mentioning.  I experienced these too, but didn't count it as attacks, however they were much more than what I normally call 'shadows".  I could feel a sort of rolling sensation.  I know this sounds odd, but if you've ever experienced sea sickness in your gut and could imagine moving that into your head, then you've got the gist of what I'm talking about.  lol.  Very strange, but not a single pain attack so far.

Great research Lt2 and thanks so much for sharing.  I was honestly

quite scared when the attacks came back so soon. Only 4 months of pain free time (after being chronic for 6 1/2 yrs) and knowing my remedy (Sansert) is no longer available added to the fear.  I've been a steady buster girl for 4 yrs.  This new triptamine is working for me so far, and I'm so, so happy!!!

:)

Mom

So I have had a 5 week spell of every 5 days alternating between   Meo and MM.

For the first 3 weeks minimal pain on 25mg meo/1.2g mm. But then pain ramped slightly and I upped the dose to 30mg meo and 1.5gMM

Everytime I dose I get a night of kickbacks, but other than that completely pain free for 2 weeks now :)

Interesting that I get a kick back from meo. Also MM started the PF, but Meo successfully kept it going.

As a test:

First 3 weeks any alcohol would increase the pain, last 2 weeks have been able to have a little with no pain!!! Hic!! 

Thanks, Tangerine! If you think about it. . ."only" 1g is over 60 individual 15mg doses, allowing for measurements being imprecise and a little spillage. So even for a chronic at five-day dosing increments, that 1g is almost an entire year's supply.   :)

ok im slightly confused here about dosing

is 15mg really1/60 th of a gram or 1/6th [smiley=undecided.gif] [smiley=undecided.gif]

I like the Horizon Pro-20A scale because it comes with a little measuring tray that is perfect for handling powders. It's available for under $25 US.

And I hope you meant a 15mg dose. . .always start low. As we learn more about 5-MeO-DALT, it is becoming apparent that higher doses don't necessarily mean better results. Most CHers, even some seriously refractory chronics, are getting very good results at 15mg every 5 days. No point going higher in dose if you don't have to!

Little update here. . .I've been asked to share this additional link to some basic FAQs about 5-MeO-DALT. There has been a lot of discussion and experimentation taking place in the Facebook CH group, it seems that most people are turning to social media for their CH discussions now.

But in an effort to help overcome some of the overly-scientific jargon. . .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug6orptw9vzujgc/5meo_FAQ.pdf?dl=0