anyone heard of this

didgens

I've not heard of this, but whenever I see someone mention 'cluster migraines' I want to either slap them or run. Or maybe slap them then run. Never sure which.

It always makes me feel like they haven't a clue what they are talking about, and are just using some words they've heard before, and using them incorrectly.

I love how they filter questions. The whole thing reeks of a sham.

But, that is just my first impression.

Marcaine is a derivative of cocaine and other local anesthetics. So well... it may give you some form of pain relief (note: just pain, not all the other horrible symptoms we suffer), but in the long run it may worsen the symptoms, because of its vascular effects.

I won't recommend it, an ice pack is probably better, cheaper and safer than that.

actually Marcaine or Bupivacaine is indicated for local infiltration, peripheral nerve block, sympathetic nerve block, and epidural and caudal blocks. It is sometimes used in combination with epinephrine to prevent systemic absorption and extend the duration of action. The 0.75% (most concentrated) formulation is used in retrobulbar block.[2] It is the most commonly used local anesthetic in epidural anesthesia during labor, as well as in post-operative pain management.[3]

its a caine ,, not derivative of codine. its in the same family as cocaine, lidocaine, novacaine etc.

Yes, I just realized I mismatched codeine with cocaine, but it was just a word mistake. All the other infos are correct.

All local anesthetics have their own share of vascular side-effects, and I'm not so sure they would be helpful on the long run for our CHs/Migraines. Yet, as a temporal relief to stop an otherwise unresponsive pain they could be helpful.

I think my curiosity about all this is im still skeptical that the sphenopalatine is always the culprit. As one person stated here they had the block but it did not alieve the pain in some areas. there are several ganglion (nerve bundles) in that area, I think using these types of block to identifiy the ganglions that are involved could be a useful diagnostic tool ,, not a solution ,,