butorphanol AKA: Stadol

spiny

Hi All!

Has anyone been prescribed this drug for CH? The nasal spray was prescribed. It is for use in an emergency for me, which would be when my O2 is not available. I have never taken or heard of it.  So, not too sure I want to try it. Mountain of side effects too.

thanks!!  :)

spiny

My experience with Stadol supports Potter's fairly brief commentary.  :D

This synthetic opioid didn't work for me, and when I've seen the subject come up I don't recall anyone reporting having a successful experience with it for CH. I think of it as being one of those buncha drugs that was being tried out for CH 20 + years ago, but has mostly fallen by the wayside now due to it's failure..

So I'm sorry Spiny, but this one sounds to me like a swing and a miss form your neuro.  :'(

Potter and Jeebs,

Thanks!!! Did not figure it would be worth a lot since I have not heard of it before. Dr. is just trying since Trex is out.

Perhaps I should just make a cutout between the seats of my car into the trunk to stick the valve and hose thru so Mr. O2 can go everywhere with me! :D

The bastard dragon showed up early yesterday! It is NOT the Equinox yet damnit!!!!! Anyway, it was perfect timing since my annual appt. was yesterday too.

On a better note, he introduced me to V8 Fusion Energy!! Get your veggies/fruit and caffeine and B vits all in one.  8-) Should be a relief from coffee for me.

And I had the pleasure of telling him about Autonomic Tech. new device!!! Sent him the info today, so trying to educate some more. He was actually bemoaning the fact that there was nothing new or effective for CH.

Off to throw out some trash.  ;)

spiny

Perhaps I should just make a cutout between the seats of my car into the trunk to stick the valve and hose thru so Mr. O2 can go everywhere with me!

I like that idea! :D Then there's Giuseppi who was extremely successful with carrying an E tank with a demand valve in his patrol car with him everywhere he ummm.....patrolled.....and would pull over real quick whenever a CH was about to hit.

Of course if you're navigating winding mountain roads maybe pulling over real quick isn't always such a realistic option....