Common Threads of CH Sufferers

He survived his 24 hrs of post dose rebounds.  First headache this am was slighter.  Maybe a couple of good days to come.  He needs them, he's pretty worn down.

Hows the boy doing today?

CArl...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a fairly manageable week last week.  On average of 2 big ones breaking through each day.  1 during the day and 1 in the night.  Otherwise aborted, or small. 

I came to the decision, and finally convinced him, that he had to give up what he had been using as an abortive (even though it wasn't supposed to be blocking the psychadelics) I believed that it still could be, as well as causing rebounds from chronic use.  It was a hard decision for him, but after a second seed dose on Sunday (yesterday), he gave it up.  The first 24 hours were tough, but by this morning, he had a long lasting constant "regular headache" that finally cleared at 1:00, and he just called me and announced that he felt AMAZING!!  It's still early, but if the next 24 hours go this well, I think he'll be done with the detox rebound (for lack of a better term), and will be solely on oxygen.

I think we'll wait out the next few days and see when/if/or how bad the clusters resurface, and then make a decision on his next dose.  Timing/seeds vs. shrooms.  I am happy to say that now I have a comfortable stock of both, so he can take his pick :).  I expect the oxygen to be much more effective for him once that that other medicine is out of his system. 

Feeling very positive.  Will post in a couple of days with an update.

It has been through this website, and all these wonderful people sharing their own trials and tribulations that I have learned so much. 

We see his headache doctor next week.  Would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have good results to share.  He is very curious about this treatment.

That is great news, 1961 Mom and I are also experiencing the post dose "normal" headache so I guess that shows we are all doing it right. He may be getting to the point where the ginger will work for him if he can't get to his 02 and had a shadow bugging him. Great to hear good news, keep us posted.

David ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He went 6 hours pain free yesterday.  Around 6p he had to hit his oxygen for a very short period, and that put it to rest till 9:30.  Then his normal headache hit, o2 wouldn't touch it, and it was on and off till 1:30a.  I finally let him take some baby aspirin, and then he slept.  Small hit this am, took out with o2.  High hopes for today  :).  Thanks for all the positive vibes!

Clustermom I feel for ya.  My mother didn't know what to do either since I got hit when I was 17 for the first time.  As most, i was misdiagnosed with sinus infections or sinus headaches.  After years of GP visits, my current GP wondered if it was cluster headaches because she did a bit of her own research and sent me to a neuro who then confirmed it.  You, being a supporter is a wonderful thing.

My mom is still a supporter even though we were clueless back then.

The present:

I am 34, 5'7", 160 LBS, married with two boys (3.5 and 13 months).  Quit smoking 5 years ago this past February.  Partied with anything in college other than heroin.  I'm an occasional (couple times a year) pot smoker, but not really into it.  Have to be in the mood I guess.  Makes me hungry and tired too, lol!  Plus, it's a guaranteed hit during a cycle.  I still moderately drink in remission.  I've had 3 concussions in my teen years from after school tackle football and the HS soccer team.  I use to blame these headaches on the head trauma.  All I know now is that these great sites (CH.com & clusterbusters) have given me my life back and has educated me more than any doctor.  My neuro actually loves the info I bring from these sites and he fully supports the use of LSA which rocks.  All I can say is the Oxygen and rivea corymbosa are my main weapons of choice and it has made life a lot easier.  Ok, i'm rambling on... :)

Since we can't see a physical link, what about an emotional one?  From what I read, the hypothalmus has something to do with CHs.  My sister informed me that the hypothalmus is where our emotions come from (will be looking that up for more info.). 

Had a somewhat traumatic upbringing (who hasn't) and started NOT dealing with stuff around the time these attacks started.  By that I mean, I started acting and talking like I handled all my previous trauma - saying "Oh it's no big deal, other people have had it a lot worse."  I didn't want people to think I was feeling sorry for myself.  Also, I haven't had an attack in almost 4 yrs prior to this cycle and about a week before these started again I was going for hypnotherapy sessions to try and get to the root of my issues.  I wonder now, do I go back or do I stay away from that process. :) 

I want to know what others think about this.

Hi Brenda,

Do you feel the therapy was helping you? If so you might consider continuing the process. If you feel it was causing you grief, then why go back?

You asked what do others think. I can tell you from my experience only, that I think, "why bother."

I don't believe there is much that can be done to erase trauma. I believe you can't fix what happened. You can accept what happened and live with it.

At this time I don't think there is a therapy or a drug that can help what happened yesterday. It's possible I saw some bad therapists and I took the wrong antidepressants that were prescribed, but That is what I think.

I also think that there might be some hope with the hallucinogenic drugs that are being studied now, but not approved yet.

As far as the hypothalamus is concerned, I am under the impression it has more to do with hormones and body clock and temperature but not necessarily emotions. I suppose it is all connected.

I don't know if my thinking is even close to being right, but maybe we will get others to comment.         Leslie

I agree with with you Leslie. And that`s not because i don`t know what a trauma can cause to a human, believe me on that one. But i have tried so many different things, inc various forms of therapy, and nothing has worked except this treatment.

But, you never know. Try what you feel is right ;D

Bredna:

I was in therapy for two years. A wonderful therapist (not too expensive) who put me on Sertraline for situational depression when my wife of 26 years decided she wanted a divorce. After three years of off and on with my wife our divorce was final in January. I was still on sertaline and figured not big deal. I've been dealing with this for 3 years, I'm good. Wrong, as soon s I got the papers in the mail I was a basket case again. Have moved so my therapist wasn't avilable and I supressed my anxiety. And guess what happened 19 days ago at my "emotional bottom". My first CH ever at the age of 56. I'm not saying there is a connection, but in response to your question...that's my experience.

Thanks to this web site I'm off the meds my doc gave me the first 12 days (Imitrex, Prednasome and Terapamil). I have a great O2 set up that abots ha's in 12 to 15 minutes and I'm dosing with shrooms on July 4th when my detox is complete. I keep a detailed kip pain chart with treatments and meds and O2. I have a plan to put this Beast at bay and keep him there. Don't let him control your life. Control him! Jay

I think we'll wait out the next few days and see when/if/or how bad the clusters resurface, and then make a decision on his next dose.  Timing/seeds vs. shrooms. 

If it were my son Clustermom.

I would use 2grms of dried shrooms made into a tea for the next dose.

I think you'll find that will be the end of this cycle for your son.

I do hope so.

CArlxx

I think CArl might be right. The mushrooms have a better result record than seeds. LSD has an even better track record but it's pretty hard to find unless you know where to get it. I believe your son will probably benefit greatly from it.

Mad6string

Carl,

He prefers the capsules, do you think it has to be tea?

And he is 6'4", 195 lbs, I'm thinking more like 2.5 gms . . . .

His last dose of shrooms was about 3 weeks ago, and was 2.0 with no psychoactive effects.  

Hello Clustermom,

No, doesn't have to be tea, so long as the shrooms are ingested, but I am a little concerned at the potency of your shrooms.

It is unusual for 2grms to have no hallucinogenic effects. You may want to consult your source.

Increasing the dose is a positive move, he's a big lad, get him a good DVD to watch.

Shiney sides best ;)

CArl..

I beleive the strings here suggest starting with 1.5 grams but they also say you won't necessarily experience psychadelic results at that level and don't need to to bust the CH. Increasing the dose to 3 or 4 grams is approaching recreational levels so shouldn't be a problem either. Did your son detox properly from all meds. That could block any positive impact of dosing too and I'm sure you know you need to wait 5 days to dose again or nothing.....Good luck.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neuropsychiatric features of cluster headaches

R. E. Jorge, J. L. Leston, R. G. Robinson

Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA

Case-control study of the prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders among patients with cluster headaches

Page 20

http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/11/1/126

Selected psychological studies in Horton's headache

Neurol Neurochir Pol.

Adamiak G, Ferensztajn J.

http://tinyurl.com/6guy8gj  (pubmed)

shocked

Wow lots of info..thankyou everyone..have been a CH suffer for 10 years ..this cycle is the WORST yet...I am an ED nurse..I don't know if the rC seed or schrooms are my best route..ie drug testing..anyone have any experience with that..getting VERY desperate for anything  :'( to make this stop!

need answers,

I will keep this short. If you have been diagnosed with CH and are taking prescribed medication or even if you are self diagnosed, the first thing you need to do to get answers is read the cluster files at the top of the home page. If you have already done that and have decided to try this method, then you are well on your way. As far as choosing mushrooms or RC seeds, I would take the one that is available. It is common belief that neither RC seeds (LSA) or mushrooms are tested for as far as employment drug tests.

I personally would not be concerned about that.

I understand being desperate. Just take the first step.

And hang in here, there will be others with help and advice.

We've all been where you are now. Things will get better.

Leslie