Hi all~ I'm new here!

Darci

I've been researching cluster busting.  I've had ch for 15+ years and I'm just so tired and I don't know what else to do. There are things that I've tried and had moderate successes with but I despise the way I feel after taking meds and they're all temporary. It never fails. I find something that works and inevitably it always stops working and I'm back to square one. I'm just entering a cycle. 2 last night. No sleep..... up all day working, functioning member of society all the while fighting the shadow feeling. I'm so so tired but scarred to death to go to bed because I always wake up an hour later writhing in pain from a full blown attack.

I'm no stranger to hallucinogens....And I'm wondering if dabbling with these during my teenage years kept the beast at bay. I'm just kind of at a loss as to what the best way to go about busting is. I live in NY and have no clue where to even start looking for psilocybin.

ANY advice or guidance would be SOO appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have to add that when I was chronic the longest PF stretch I could achieve which official treatments was 4 days (IV steroids). Like you stated everything worked for some time but when chronic there was nothing. My first busting resulted in over 3 years of 100% pain free life. Although CH came back, it's under control now and so far busting has never failed me *knocking on wood* :)

Thanks for the welcome. I was posting on a cluster headache support group on facebook and was directed to come here sign in and look around....so here I am! lol. I am so overwhelmed. And a lot of times feel alone so I turn to the computer where at least I can talk to some people that understand. My family is amazingly supportive but they don't understand what it feels like. And I'm so done with people telling me they know how bad it is because they get headaches too (I think the official "cluster headache" title is a bit misleading to the general public about what it really is). Anyway.....sorry I have a tendency to ramble...lol. Thank you for the welcome. :)

Hi Darci,

Glad you made it here, the place where so many end up who've tried everything else, only to wish they'd tried busting FIRST, because it is so effective and about a zillion times less toxic than prescription meds..   8-)

Psilocybin. One powerful preventative indeed, IF you can get it. Many grow their own, but as an episodic starting a cycle, the timing could be better for you.  :-? I've mentioned to a few here that some busters have ordered psilocybin truffles from the Netherlands online recently (they're legal there) with no customs issues, but I don't know how risky that might be.

Milder Rivea Corymbosa (RC) seeds can be ordered online legally and legally possessed, so they are an alternative busting preventative available to everyone in the US.

High flow 100% O2 as an abortive works WAY better than the low flow rebreather approach most commonly prescribed, so you'll want to check into that if you haven't already.

Then there's the D3 regimen and stuff......

Stick around, keep pestering with questions until all are answered, and I bet you'll find yourself getting much better control over the CH than with those pesky pharmaceuticals so many of us have been through the ringer with.  :)

I'm agreed that the term "headache' should in no way be associated with this condition, and you'll never catch me referring to a cluster attack as a headache.

And thank you for sharing about your success with busting. I'm thinking this is def a route I would like to explore as it appears to have more success than any others I've experienced or heard about......

Now.....I just need to figure out how in the world to go about it!

So I'd like to add to my next comment that I don't use anything other than prescribed meds in any aspect of my life. I haven't touched anything that isn't on the up and up in years. I don't like taking ANYTHING....BUT

I do have a probably dumb question....because my timing is way off (as usual)..if there was someone I maybe knew that maybe had some connections to get me something that would provide a hallucinogenic effect....would that work?

I don't understand all of the different types and spores and lingo yet...I'm SOOO green to all of it.

Darci, here are a few things for you to read:

Oxygen (which you really, really, really want to get): https://clusterbusters.org/oxygen-information/. (This is under the black and white MENU tab on the left side of the page.) Make this a priority, either through a medical prescription or, if necessary, by using welding oxygen.

Busting basics: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290127865. (Many more files in the "ClusterBuster Files" section of this board.)  LSD, psilo, and LSA are the most commonly used busting agents. Low doses, often. But others are discovering other substances that also work.  So it's hard to answer your "maybe . . . maybe" question in your last post, but the answer is probably yes.

D3: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804

Licorice root: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298659068

Two short-term things: Try an energy shot, energy drink, or strong cup of coffee at the first sign of an attack (this generally does not keep people awake at night).  Try melatonin at night, starting with something like 6-9 mg. and moving up to a dosage that helps.

In case I haven't emphasized it enough . . . you want oxygen, ASAP.

I do have a probably dumb question....because my timing is way off (as usual)..if there was someone I maybe knew that maybe had some connections to get me something that would provide a hallucinogenic effect....would that work?

If I understood the question correctly, I would not recommend just "getting something" that gives hallucinogenic effect hoping it will help CH. Stick with ones that patients have discovered, which have science backing up their mechanisms of action, LSA (RC seeds or HBWR seeds) probably the easiest (and most legal) first option. Psilocybin when you have a way to acquire it.

The hallucinogenic part probably has little to do with us getting relief from hallucinogens since most use them (especially when preventing) on sub-hallucinogenic doses.

Wishing you a pain free journey :)

Hi Darci,

Welcome to the forum, and sorry you have to be here.

You're already getting some great advice. I'm delighted to hear you were directed here from a FB group. I was on a few for awhile, but all the mods seemed so against busting I gave up and left. There were a few people on the sites posting about how well this stuff works, but you had to be really careful how you broached the topic.

Like you, and many others, I think the name 'cluster headaches' does us no favours. I prefer Cluster Attacks.

I'm chronic, have been for nearly 8 years now. At my worst, I was getting up to 5 attacks a day every 2-3 days. Busting broke that cycle, and I've since had periods of 23 days attack free. Although my average is about a week, still, that's really amazing.

I started busting with RC seeds while I was growing my first harvest of shrooms. They are easy to get, legal to own and very effective. I tend to favour shrooms because I can grow my own. I love the fact that I'm producing my own, very effective, medicine.

Best advice I have is to read the Cluster Buster Files section. Lots of really good information there. Also, lots of really helpful people here, so ask questions and don't be a stranger.

MG

...something that would provide a hallucinogenic effect....would that work?

I don't understand all of the different types and spores and lingo yet...

If it comes down to what type of psilocybin mushrooms work for busting, word has it that all of them do, and any of them will do, hope that helps.  :)

Thank you everyone SO much for the advice. I def need to get a script for O2. I've used it before and it worked well if I was able to catch an attack before it was full blown.

Thanks for the link on the busting basics. I'm really excited and hopeful to learn more about busting and trying.

I honestly can't say thank you enough to all of you that took the time to read my post and offer advice and links to help me! As much as I hate that we all have this horrible pain and that there is no known cure, I'm also very grateful that there is a place we can all come together to support each other. I don't feel quite so isolated and alone.... :)

Thank you all again! Now its time for me to get to some research. ;)