Serious Cluster Head, questions about alcohol

elpo

I've been diagnosed with cluster headaches and am a definite sufferer. It's been 13 years now, diagnosis 6 years ago. Psilocybin has worked wonders,  and I'm a huge proponent. During a cycle I cannot have alcohol near me - even the smell of it will send me into a spiral. This said, there are times when the shadow is lessened by a few drinks. Have any of you felt relief from a few drinks when you are not in a cycle but just feeling bad shadows?

I'm a rare one in that alcohol isn't a trigger. Thankfully so, 'cause I like my rum.

Also, I've learned that if I have a really bad migraine, and if by day 3 or 4 all the meds I throw at it aren't helping, I down 6-9 (more or less) shots of vodka and I wake up the next day feeling refreshed and pain free. Although I haven't had to resort to this 'medicine' very often recently, it seems mushrooms are also quite affective at reducing migraines long-term, it's nice to know I can if I need to and not worry about triggering an attack.

MG

Wine is a massive trigger for me, especially red; lager too.  I can sometimes get away with one  measure of gin/bacardi/southern comfort etc, but usually then get a bad migraine at some point the following day. Hardly seems worth it does it really...It's a party pooper that's for sure!!