BOL - Bromo

Is there any news on BOL studies.  I started to read about the study that was published, what promising results.  Can anyone tell me if there is any current work?  Any info would be appreciated.  Very interesting topic!

I believe another test is scheduled for the fall at Harvard, it is mentioned on another thread but I can't recall where. If I am in cycle in the fall (I hope not) I am going to see if I can volunteer to be a subject, might as well since I have been experimenting on myself as it is.

Here is some of what is happening on Bromo-LSD at this time.

Reporting on this type of research has to be done carefully and details need to be released at certain times depending on which early stages are complete.

That said, the next round in Europe is being planned and worked on now. Study design and approvals are being worked upon. The research investigators have been pulled together.  We are excited about some of the people that wanted to get on board with us.

We don't have a time table yet but this is moving forward very well.

We are also working on a couple different fronts for getting started in the states on a BOL (Bromo-lsd...just so you know they are the same thing). This would hopefully be a larger study than the 6 person study in Germany. We are looking at, and working on, different options so that we get this underway as soon as possible.

Once again, as details are finalized and we are able to announce certain milestones, you'll read it here first. Hopefully we will have many more details ready for release at the conference in Portland. Some of the researchers will be there.

One thing we will be doing is supplying the BOL for the studies. Additional funding is being sought by the research teams to cover much of the costs as these studies will be expensive. The more people that are included, the more the costs involved so everyone is working to make these rounds as large as possible. All of these steps are being worked on at the same time so there is no lost time.

The BOL for the first study in Hannover Germany cost Clusterbusters $10,000.00.

These funds were raised by our members making donations of $10.00, 25.00 and $100.00, or simply by purchasing an auction item for $5.00 at a conference.

We are hoping to be able to do the same for the studies mentioned above.

If anyone would like to be a part of this fundraising effort and help us move this forward, please feel free to hit the donate button and mark in the notes, BOL. All funds marked as such will go toward Clustebuster's supplying the BOL necessary to make these studies happen.

I will be making some continuing fundraising posts as we are at a critical junction so I hope you don't get tired of me holding my hand out.

I know everyone does what they can and we understand that this work needs all sorts of participation. It's not just about raising money as important as that is. It takes people helping each other, people posting results, people spreading the word of what we're doing, people stepping up and lending a hand.

I want to thank everyone for years of support. We've been able to make slow but steady and important progress and have only been able to do that with your continued support.

thank you all,

Bob

maybe a naive thought, but it is possible to finance the way that each person able to pay for themselves, does so, and then also get the chance to be in it?

No, it really can't work that way.

Although it is a reality that many times, the people with the money get to the head of the line, this isn't fair to everyone nor does it put need first.

As wih all studies like this, people will need to complete questionaires to see if they fit certain criteria. At this point, these criteria are unknown and will be set up by the researchers. People will not know if they meet all the criteria and medical guidelines without applying to be included in the study.

Bobw

Didn`t mean in head of the line. Meant to get enough money to the study, and the one`s who can, pay for themselves does that to make it bigger and room for more. But not to get before others, the contrary. so more people get in study`s, the study`s gets bigger. And there will be more money left for other related things, or simply more people.

But i see what you mean yes....

I am guessing like BobW said you need to fullfill certain points, like being chronic for x number of time, having x number of headaches unilateral, severe cases, probably they pick also episodics but with longer episodes, because if someone has ch for few weeks they wouldnt know if bromo worked or if it was cycle ceasation by itself.

At least that is what I can think of.

Does BOL have any advantages over LSD other than legality? And what would the comparative expense be if available?

Think I would rather stick with what is known to be safe and effective rather than be a guinea pig, but that's just me.

If I am correct, the "advantage" (depends on who you ask) is there are no halluciantions.  It removes the psychedlic effects.  Do not quote me as 100% on this.  Hopefully some much brighter individuals will be along shortly.

Didn`t mean in head of the line. Meant to get enough money to the study, and the one`s who can, pay for themselves does that to make it bigger and room for more. But not to get before others, the contrary. so more people get in study`s, the study`s gets bigger. And there will be more money left for other related things, or simply more people.

But i see what you mean yes.... 

The number of people in the study needs to be determined early on before the study is even accepted and approved.

A "protocol" is designed and approved by all necessary agencies and review boards (IRBs).

The original BOL study was designed for 6 people, all to receive BOL and everyone knew what they were getting. This is called an "open label" study.

Once the 6 people got the treatment, the study was closed and results tabulated.

The next round(s) should have more people. Some may get a placebo and no one will know what they got until afterwards. Placebo controlled trials are much more accepted as far as how well the tested drug does.

So, once the number of people in the study has been determined and it has been approved, the money needs to be there to begin the study.

How does one go about getting involved in these studies?  Are they selected by researchers, committee?

Once a study is open, the doctors/researchers running the study will advertise (if need be) for participants. People applying to be in the study will then be interviewed and complete surveys to see if they meet the criteria set up in the protocol design. Similar to what Matty described.

Bob

Bob, you can always count on us. I think we would all give a finger or two to make this go away. Speaking for the wife and I, we will give all we can. ( As I am a Mechanic, can we not take all the fingers? Makes it kind of hard to do my job.)  ;D

Mad6string