Fishing!!!

fishing the ulitmate sport!

no athleticism required!

relaxing . . .

always a story

a bad day of fishing is always better than a good day at work!

except the one time last year, down to the NYS power authority . . . 

snapped my rod in half on the first cast :'(

got stung in the back by a bee driving on the way home  :(

got home . . . walk towards my room, stepped in dog piss  >:(

yet this story has humor i was not laughing at the time

but tomorrow its on!!!

boat is gassed, rods are rigged, lunch is packed, full e tank in the boat (o2)  imitrex shot for reinforcements

them walleye dont know whats comin, i sooo excited   :D :D :D

anyone else here swingin the rods??? lets hear about your worst day fishin, or perhaps your best day???

Good for you agentorange ;D

I've never had a bad day fishing.  My best day was when I was a kid and went with my Dad.  We fished for Striped Bass or Stripers as we call them in Texas.  I was catching them as fast as my Dad could take them off the hook.  They love to fight and I had bruises in my stomach from hauling about 10 of them in that day. :D

Have a great day tomorrow. ;D

Lee Ann

I've never had a bad day fishing either agentorange.  I have had many good days fishing for bass here in GA.  But my favorite is saltwater, especially charter boat fishing off of the coast. To me, there's nothing better!   :)

Tight lines,

bobb  8-)

PS

BobW is an avid walleye fisherman!  :o

My best and worst day were on the same day actually.  It was the last day of my wife and I's honeymoon.  We went lake hoppin for a week, for our honeymoon.  We started out from where we had our wedding at Lake Pahoja in IA.  We said our vows on the lake side where we love fishin.  And from there we started for our next stop, didnt get to far before the trailer tire blew out and tore out the tail light with it.  We were able to limp it to my brother and his wifes place where his neighbor borrowed us his spare.  It was a little late to go that evening so we ended up spendin our first night in one of thier kids's rooms..   We called it the "Spiderman Suite"!!!   ;D

From there we went to Lake Poinsett, stayed three nights in the back of a camper van with the back doors open, facing  the lake all night long...  god that was heaven.  Cought nothing but a couple silver bass smaller than the palm of my hand.  Found out my new wife has a bit of a fear of large open water, didnt care for the high speeds either.  And then I was pullin up the anchor and absentmindedly shook the water off my hands and heard this..   "TINK...   kerploosh", and knew instantly my wedding band was headin for the bottom of the lake.  I screamed, SON OF A B****!!!  I swear everyone on the lake heard me...  my wife just laughed her ass off at me.  :'(   s'not funny...

Then we went to Lake Thompson and spent two nights there with the back doors open to the lake...  God i'm lovin this.  Here we at least cought something...  well...   she did..................  :-?  Anyways, she ended up hookin her first walleye just trollin around tryin to find anythin.  After a bit more gettin bored of not catchin much, we decided to head to another spot but just troll there, so I cranked the wheel and when the bait turned, she nailed into this fish that tried to jerk the rod right outta her hands.  She gets it up to the surface and I see silver and black stripes, I tell her, "Hey nice stripper love!"  and as Im gettin it out of the water its mouth cranks open and I realize its a Crappie!!!    OMG!! THIS THINGS HUGE!!  My mouth just hangs for a bit as I stare and shes like, what what what...  I told her what it was and that its the biggest damn Crappie ive ever seen pulled out of the wild in my life.  We ended up measuring it out on a couple tapes to be sure, but it hit 14 inches.  I was so dumbfounded, my wife was kickin my butt at my own game.  Didnt catch much else there, but we had a blast.  Heres a pic of the fish

http://fav.me/d2sn3x5

Then we moved on to Lake Carthage for one night, and I mean ONE night...  It was to late in the evenin to move on once we got there and we only fished for a few hours the next day, mostly cause I was curious.  The lake STANK!  Bad.  Heavy heavy alge smell, very green water.  As a kid I found I studied details alot and it carried over for me, but one thing I noticed as a kid.  when the boat cuts thru the water, no matter what color the water is... it splashes white.  This place splashed GREEN!   :o, that and the Aquamarine Blue heads of foam did it for me, cant say ive ever seen that color on the water before...  I did catch fish..  finnaly.  First Pike ive ever caught on the first cast, I was intrigued.  Caught a few more, tossed em all back...  yuck.  Still fun catchin em, deffinately an interesting day.

From there we went to our last destination, the Missouri river, Platte Creek.  This is where my trip gets bad.  I used to come to this campground once or twice a year with my family, as a lil kid.  I have alot of good memorys of this place, I felt like I grew up here.  Torturing my sister with snakes and crickets, catching my first 7 lb Catfish at the age of 12 by myself.  When I let the fish go, (yeah I let alot of my fish go), he left me a nice present on my hand that burned and stung all night long...  its still on my hand to this day.  I havent been to this place in 15 years and im excited as we roll down that familiar hill into the campground.  The frist thing I noticed  is the marina is gone, and the campgrounds are now half the size they used to be.  A gate was installed half way up to the point where me and my family would always camp.  It was open but the road was so badly degraded that we couldnt get down it safely with the van and boat so we opted for Snake Creek instead.  Man i was pissed!  >:(

We get to Snake Creek and this place is nice, big bridge arcross the river, nice marina, good sites.  My wife finnaly got pictures of deer shes been gunnin for.  Shes an upcoming nature photographer, and the deer have not been cooperative for her, but she got a few mule deer and even a nice white tail buck.  On our second day there, we decided to visit my families campsite at Platte Creek but took the boat this time.  Took about 20 mins to crank on down there, my wife, white knuckled the whole way but smilein, she knew I really wanted to see this.  For me, I grew up on the water in a small boat, I jump in and my body moves to the motion.  I forget that others dont do that so well, thankfully she loves me.  We get to the site and beach the boat in the bay, same one that I cought that Catfish in.  My heart was pounding as I climbed up the hill to the point, its almost strait up.  When I got to the top I bearly recognized the site I used to know, the roof for the picknic tables was gone, along with all the tables, grass and weeds growing out of the cracks in the concrete pad the tables sat on.  Half the campsite actually fell into the river, the concrete parking blocks were in the water down below, not to mention where I used to park my tent.  My mother passed away a couple years ago, so this was probably the biggest blow since, seeing my familys site in a state of abandonment and decay.  I literally left in tears.  I later found out the state closed that part of the park down due to heavy flooding of the river, witch washed out the road half way to the point that I would stay at.

The last day we spent in the various bays along the river, and everywhere we beached the boat, the Catfish were biting like it was the last meal they would ever get.  We couldnt sit still!!  Id pull the fish off and hand her the pole for baitin, and would grab the next pole in the holder that already has a bite, hook and start reelin.  I get him in and off the hook, drop im on the floor and hand her the rod for baitin, and she would string the fish while I grabbed the next rod and started reelin.  We cycled 3 rods like that and in 2 hours got about 10 mins break total..  Every bay we hit was the same way, this was fantastic, Ive never hit Catfish like this before!!  The last bay we hit we fished for an hour and got bored of that pretty quick.  The wife goes for a walk on the beach lookin for things to take pictures of and notices the beach looks like its covered in glass.  We do a lil lookin and find shards of crystals all over the beach and in the bluffs, big ones, little ones, perfectly clear ones, dark ones, all of a sudden were bent over like treasure hunters combin the beach.  We later found out it was Mica, the bluff it came out of was yellow and there was a bit of a sulfer odor in the air.  She got her first taste of "Big Water", as she calls it, on the way back to camp, nice 2 foot swells.  BANG BANG BANG they slam on the boat and all the blood leaves her hands as she holds onto the gunwell for life.  I was goin as slow as I dare in waves like that, but ive delt with 4-5 footers in my 16 foot boat before so I didnt have much problem with it.  So we just putterd on back all slow like, nice half hour ride. 

All in all, aside from the visit to my familys old site, my wife and I had a blast and were planing on doin it again same time next year.  And that would be, pretty much the best fishin trip ive ever taken.

that damn fish bit me, broke my worm harness from floppin around, blood and beads everywhere

i got avn in my hips from them dam steroids and the pops thought it was funny watchin me pick up beads and tryin to grab the fish, of course i didnt think it was funny at the time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty careful about my links... and have not had a virus (on a Windows machine) in 5 - 8 years. I do admit that I am a little overkill on system safety, though.

I live in Mexico... and we get all the best software for $10 USD per DVD ($5 USD for CD) ... no matter what it is!  :)

Not to mention having the best climate in the world and a 16 women per man ratio. (You have all the men up there, and they left all their women with me!) Aw schucks!

Plus, after the Bavarians were here, they showed the Mexicans how to make the best beer in the world.

Then, there is that little town in Jalisco... what is it's name? Oh yeah... TEQUILA!