New to this

Rudy

Hi Rudy - I know there are all manner of ins and outs of drug testing, such as what types of substances are tested for, which are not, strategies for timing a bust in order to have a substance cleared from the system, etc.

I hope you can get some good info on that, maybe right here. Meantime I doubt (but don't know for sure) you'd be risking anything with a weekend Rivea Corymbosa (RC) seeds bust. Info on that can be found at the following link, although when a starting dose of as low as 8 seeds is mentioned, ignore it, 40 RC seeds would be a more reasonable, and IMO still conservative enough, starting dose:

https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290128974

I'm up north right now I have no oxygen and no meds now I'm waiting for my

Shift of work to be done in 8 days before I see another doctor I've just seen the doctor on my work site thus far .. He hooked me up to oxygen which worked it dulled the pain and pressure to where I could stand it ..I'm just wondering anything I could do that could help like triggers to avoid what's the beer test anything that will help

I'm up north right now I have no oxygen and no meds now I'm waiting for my

Shift of work to be done in 8 days before I see another doctor I've just seen the doctor on my work site thus far .. He hooked me up to oxygen which worked it dulled the pain and pressure to where I could stand it ..I'm just wondering anything I could do that could help like triggers to avoid what's the beer test anything that will help

The beer test is when a daring CH'er will have some beer to confirm whether they've completely busted a cycle. If not they'll likely be in for a monster hit because alcohol is probably THE NUMBER 1 most common trigger. I learned this the hard and uninformed way.

Doctors unfortunately generally don't know that they should prescribe high flow, 100% O2, which tends to be much more effective. My guess is that you received low flow, rebreather O2. Kudos to your doc though both for diagnosing and for whipping out the O2 right away. That reflects an uncommonly high level of competency.  :)

You're on the right track, absorbing the critical knowledge now, and you'll want to continue to hang around here aplenty, because there's plenty to learn.

Ok, first stay away from alcohol! That is a huge trigger. I also find overly warm stuffy places are also a trigger.

If you have access to energy drinks, the caffeine and taurine mix, some find chugging one at the first sign of attack can help to abort the attack. If no energy drinks, then just caffeine, like really strong coffee might help.

Cold air is a good abortive. If it is cold out, just go out and hyperventilate cold air, get your blood moving... or stick your head in a freezer, car AC on max... etc.

I fixed the oxygen link above, please read up on that treatment, it will be your best friend. What you will find is you and your doctor most likely did not administer it correctly. When done correctly, it can abort and completely clear out a headache attack in 10 minutes!

It will be worth every cent/effort to get this mask: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/ccp8/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=o2ptimask

I want all the info I can get as I will be away from civilization for a week and I'm in an episode as we speak just getting the info before an attack occurs the heat will be turned off soon and I work outside where the temp is between -10 to -14 tomorrow I have limited pain killers on hand I have Tylenol 600 mg which do t work I have taken 4 at a time I do have coffee I will try when I have an attack my last bad episode lasted 3 months this one so far is 2-3 weeks thanks for the info.. But it's soon bed time which usually means attack time aswel

Rudy,

Looks like you're getting some great advice above.  Regarding your question about triggers:

For me - In order of most painful down:

1) Alcohol

2) Chocolate

3) Fermented Cheese (blue, swiss etc - cheese whiz is ok)

4) Barbecue Sauce (msg?)

5) Sugar

6) Bleached White Flower (whole grain is ok)

I eliminate the above items from my diet when in cycle (and drop weight entirely too fast for it to be healthy, but not much choice to keep the attacks down).

Regarding your question on drug testing.  It's my understanding from prior research that LSD is out of your system in approx 48 hours, and is not included in standard drug testing.  For MM, it also isn't included in standard drug tests, but stays in the body for approx 7 days at detectable levels. 

Those of us that are subject to drug testing try to plan our dose around a window that reduces the possibility of being tested within a few days of dosing.

Hope this helps,

J

Hi Rudy!

I strongly second the recliner and Melatonin.

MSG, tar, paint, paint thinner, a lot of smelly stuff for some. MSG is notoriously bad for some Cher's.

Regarding the caffeine: I bought a bag of caffeine powder that I put into caps so that I would always have it with me. I like that security. Even though it contains no Taurine, it works for me!!!  :)

Just adding to Spiny's idea about caffeine pills - taurine pills are available also, and could be taken at the same time (I haven't tried this). I can imagine a CH'er holding some caffeine/taurine powder under the tongue for fastest absorption (I haven't tried that either, maybe I should only throw ideas out there that I or someone has actually tried.  :D)

With your temperatures there, if you're inside when an attack hits, I would definitely be set up to be outside within seconds and hyperventilating that freezing air in through the nose, as DM has suggested. This cold air therapy has been shown to be an abortive for some of us some of the time.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys and gals ..another question last night was my first night not waking up thank god and today was headache free until around 6:30 pm which lasted a mere 30 min the shortest attack I've had yet ... Does this mean that my episode is on it's way out?? And how

Many days attack free is it safe to say I am out of my episode

Jeebs, I will try it SPUT style, just for you! ;D

OOH Spiny is going all citizen scientist guinea pig with this! It's OK to change your mind and back out though if you reconsider, Spiny. :)

Does this mean that my episode is on it's way out??

I'd say probably/hopefully so, it sure is encouraging.

how Many days attack free is it safe to say I am out of my episode

Wow that's one of the more highly personalized things about CH behavior, and I don't know that anyone's nailed down a one size fits all answer, but if I was experiencing attacks daily, then found myself going a whole week without an attack, I'd be feeling pretty confident that the episode was kaputsky.

• 5 weeks later...