Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your famiies

didgens

I've been living in England nearly 14 years. I celebrated Thanksgiving a little the first year or two, but not since.

Tomorrow my best friend and her daughter are cooking a traditional Thanksgiving, basing many of the dishes on what my family cooked while I was growing up. We've spent the week getting recipe's from the States and menu ideas. We are having several people over, including my son. It is going to be a really lovely meal.

I can't wait.

MG

Tell ya what, I'm beyond thankful for the buncha nutcases here putting our clusterheads together and helping each other out.

Would it be rude to take a moment to single out one of our inmates as a prime example of someone whose tireless rescue work I'm thankful in triplicate for - namely CHfather? If so, I guess we'll just have to color me rude today.  :)

Heck you're all indispensable as far as I'm concerned, and when I start trying to name folks like DiamondMaker, Spiny, Jeff, DD in Okieland, Aleyoop, MG, Didgens, Ricardo, Fabac, K-Girl and her jumping jacks...oh the sentimental list just goes on and on, this was just for starters, I probably shouldn't have even attempted to go there.  :)

Mr. J,

Where I come from, it's not considered very nice to make an old man cry on Thanksgiving.  But thank you.

When I first came here, almost exactly four years ago, I received advice and support within two weeks from the following people, and more: alleyoop, Bejeeber, tingeling, Bonkers, Hipshot, Jsmacks, agentorange, TakinitEZ, clustermom13, Anne-Marie, Cassidy, Giuseppi, thebb, Brew, and Kaboom.  Bob Wold invited me to his house to talk, an occasion I'll never forget.  If it wasn't for TommyD's files, I would have been much more lost than I was.  Some, or even many, of those screen names have no meaning to some of you who might be reading this, and for others of us, they are dear friends who just have gone on to other things, who we still keep in out thoughts.  Subsequent to that, there have been probably a hundred people, some still here and some also gone on to other things, whose advice or experience has helped me/us in one way or another.  Some wonderful angels have reached out in times of need.  Dr. Sewell, RIP, was always there when I had a question.  Guess I'm just sayin', first of all, thank you all so much, and maybe secondly that as individuals, some of us come and stay and some of us come and go, but there's a life in the community that is so much greater than any of the individuals in it.  As much as I long for the day when this community no longer needs to exist, when this site is boarded up and out of business and just a relic of a tragic past, it sure is a treasure to be part of it as long as it's here.

Sorry I havent been able to get on for a few days.....I was just sitting at my computer...and it just ...quit...2 days before TDay...my hubby "oh yeah ..its just the power supply" well the day before Tday he went into town and got a new one...then that evening figured out that he got the wrong part...by then it was too late to head back into town, and the next day was Tday...long story short (too late now) I finally have my puter back after several trips to the computer parts store in town, a LOT of whining (me), quite a few bad words (him...ok maybe a few from me too lol) and about 3 minutes of standing there silently staring at  him with my patented Vulcan mind meld stare.  I was only gone for a few days...I missed you all terribly.  I wanted to thank you all too!  There is no way I could ever repay you all for giving my life back.  I am so grateful.  I love y'all so much, even though I have never met anyone in person.  Please know if any of you EVER need ANYTHING..please allow me to repay my debt.  HUGS and gratitude!!!!

LOT of whining

I have a lot of cheese and crackers to go with that!   :D

Vulcan mind meld stare

Oooooh. I have one of those. Came with child number 1! Ever bore holes thru their back with it to force them to turn around? Nope? Me neither.  ::) Right........

Missed you!!!

Tell ya what, I'm beyond thankful for the buncha nutcases here putting our clusterheads together and helping each other out.

Would it be rude to take a moment to single out one of our inmates as a prime example of someone whose tireless rescue work I'm thankful in triplicate for - namely CHfather? If so, I guess we'll just have to color me rude today. 

Heck you're all indispensable as far as I'm concerned, and when I start trying to name folks like DiamondMaker, Spiny, Jeff, DD in Okieland, Aleyoop, MG, Didgens, Ricardo, Fabac, K-Girl and her jumping jacks...oh the sentimental list just goes on and on, this was just for starters, I probably shouldn't have even attempted to go there.  

Could not have said it better! Just one person missing off that list Jeebies....YOU! HUGS!!!! :P