The morphing beast

Sergical81

I have been a suffer for 16 yrs and my triggers and patterns have changed. I rarely used to get them while sleeping and now they attack me viciously when I do. I took 15 mg of melatonin last night and slept upright. This yr I caught them early and on my second dose. I had slapbacks all day, 2 failed cluster attempts(which I think is a good sign), but a horrible night. I have upped my dose already and been waiting five days in between. No meds. Also this cycle seems to be real sporadic when they usually work like a clock. Even with all my preparation this yr its seems its out to get me.

Serg (referring in part to your other recent post),

The sporadicness and unusual pattern do sound like slapbacks. They can be (as you seem to know) quite awful, but often they abate after the third bust. 

A few people have found that melatonin seems to make things worse for them.  Sorry I can't help you make the call on that one, but you might consider skipping the melatonin for a night to see what happens.

I'm sorry -- I should read back over your posts, where this question is probably answered, but . . . you have oxygen? you're trying energy shots/drinks?

Yes energy drinks work for the first 3 weeks of the cycle then not so much. I am headed out right now to get welders oxygen. It was my first try using melatonin ever last night. I need to order seeds also. I had such a beautiful date night with my wife the day before this cycle got me. I am going to hang on to that memory as I fight. I get real teary eyed when I think what a perfect life I would live if it wasn't for this asshole on my back. I live on a very low income but I have a beautiful family. I consider myself a very lucky man still. God bless them and God bless you all.

I got the oxygen and already aborted an attack. My mind is much more at ease now. Overall its been a better day today. Also I've noticed the clusters haven't been able to develop a set pattern like most years. Is that a good sign or is it because its still early in the cycle? Last week was shadows and this week is my first week with real pain. My first dose was in the shadow stage.