Cycle Update

Sergical81

So after my third dose on Sunday I noticed some improvement, I really thought I was gonna beat this in record time.  The pain levels lessened to about a 3 when I was around 7. Last night( 4 nights after busting) I got hit hard.(8-9).  I keep getting hit EVERYTIME I sleep or even nap in this cycle since they started.Im so sleepy all the time. I'm due to dose again tomorrow. Still doing the D3 and melatonin. Do the effects of the bust to the headaches wear out? What is the typical amount of busting you gotta do? I am grateful for those 3 days of lessened pain don't get me wrong.

Do the effects of the bust to the headaches wear out?

It's quite typical for attacks to return a few days after the early busts -- "early" might mean the first two, or the first three, or whatever it takes to finish the job.  I mentioned in some thread recently (maybe one of yours) that on some rare occasions melatonin seems to worsen attacks.  I'd consider cutting it out for a night and seeing whether anything changes. Or not -- just a thought.

Pulling for your success Sergical!!!! Sometimes, it takes longer to ditch the beast.  >:( Maybe 5 times vs 3. Especially if you are well into a cycle.

Are you lying down to sleep? A recliner works better than going fully prone. Tilt it back part way so that you are rather comfy and sack out. It can make a huge difference. Naps are a huge no-no for most. You will wake with a CH. Sucks when you are already exhausted.  :(

Hit it again and send it packing!!!!!!

Thanks Spiny. Im just feeling down about the whole thing today. I did preventive dosing during the year. I also started busting at first sign of shadows and it still got me.I have two young daughters and feel like Im being a downer in the holidays. I think winter cycles are the most depressing. Im not gonna give up the fight. This is also the first time I get hit everytime I sleep. In 16 yrs as a sufferer I would usually get hit in the daytime. Maybe I would get like 3 hits in bed before. Weird huh?

Well, not really. CH is weird!!!!! Initially, all my hits were daytime. For the last 6-8 years they have been all nocturnal. Like nonstop from 8pm to 6am. Until two weeks ago. So, there ya go. Got hit hard at the hairdressers last week!!! I had her running to get the coffee made for me.  :D Then, got the nighttime ones too. Weather slams me from barometric drops. But, I should be CH free!  >:( I hate winter weather changes - they hurt!!!!

You are not being a downer!!!! CH during the holidays is awful. But, we plow on and those who love us understand as much as they possibly can. Your girls will be on vacation soon, like really soon for the holidays. Pick your best likely time (you will know when that is) and spend it with them. Get out in the cold and play something (cold air helps many) or pile them up in your chair with you and watch holidays films together!! They won't understand what you are going thru, but they will love the time with you!

I got one of my worst hits Christmas Day last year with a house full of people. I ran from the room and did not return. It was extremely embarrassing is an understatement. Funny thing is that no one noticed!!!! When I apologized later, everyone was like 'What?'

Yes, it does get you down. But, I doubt that you are being a 'downer' to those around you. BTW: My cycles run from Aug-Sept thru Mar-Apr. So, I totally know what you mean about the winter ones being the worst. We hate not being at our best during the holiday season. We want desperately to be happy and cheerful with the rest of our family. You do your best and figure out how to keep the stress level down.

Keep after it. You will win. I truly think there is no stronger person than a CH warrior.  :-*

What Spiny said!

Between the sleep deprivation and enduring the hits, etc., I think anyone would start to be feeling down about the whole thing right now, but I think the odds are still very much in your favor of a final result of pulling this busting thing off as hoped for. We're rooting you on big time with today's bust.