The 12 Clusters of Christmas

MoxieGirl

It's nice when your friends and family get you some really heart felt presents for Christmas. Such things mean so much to me, and touch me very deeply.

It sucks that deep felt emotions are one of my triggers.

That's right, a KIP 10 on Christmas Day right between the eyes. Don't know if it was 2 clusters at the same time, from either side of my head, or just one in the middle. But it felt like all of Santa's reindeer where head butting me. Post traumatic stress attack, fluctuating body temp, tears and all.

Just needed to tell someone before going out and putting on a happy face.  Would rather just spend the day in bed. No, scratch that. Would rather spend the next two weeks shut up in my room, not talking or encountering anyone.

Does anyone else get like that? Just wish the world would go away and leave you in peace for, like, forever.

The residual headache is starting to fade, so guess I should get up.

Maybe just 5 more minutes. They'll understand me being away for 5 more minutes.

MG

UGH. Of all the triggers THAT one is the worst rip off.  >:(

Here's hoping there can be some positive "caught up in the moment" times where the vicious attack is forgotten as you're in the midst of all the Frosty the Red Nosed Snowman hubbub.  :)

Thanks Jeebs,

An update. I stayed curled up in bed for a bit longer, then took an eletriptan to clear the lingering headache. That was followed by a hot shower, and the world began to be a better place.

I felt inside I was still on edge, and was very careful what I said for a few hours at the risk of snapping at someone. By the time Christmas Dinner was served, I was back to my old self.

It has turned into a lovely day with my son and adopted-family here all day. We've had presents, amazing food and movies. Watched 'It's a Wonderful Life', the first time some of the party has ever seen it.

Life is what happens between cluster attacks. The key to life is making the most of those times.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here.

xx MG

Am chronic for three Christmases now.  Each seems more depressing, and I now dislike the season. Was only having 3-5 a week, but this Christmas week I have them every day.  Feel like missing Christmas this year, family says understands but I'm holding all of them back.  Hope for improvement but stretched thin.  Left side temple pain almost always present.  Anybody ever have Botox on side pain originates? Did lidocaine to temple but relief is a day or two.  Hang in there, and I will too and end the pity party.

Hey Mox,

I know the feeling... I had to miss a music party (bunch of musicians partying and jamming) and my sister was "you always want to go to these parties and jam???" My only response was that I was on edge and should not go out in public when I am liable to snap and rip someone's head off... she is the only one in my family that gets it! I chilled and meditated to get to a nice place for "Christmas" Happy holidays... may it always get better.

Yep, being Chronic sucks big time.

I was in my bedroom when the cluster struck yesterday, and I had little choice but to curl up on the bed for a half-hour or so, rocking back and forth as you do.

After the pain ended, there was another 20 minutes of shaking and crying uncontrollably. I eventually emerged for a glass of water, at which time I told my house mates and guests that I needed to lay down for awhile. My best friend thanked me for letting them know so they wouldn't worry.

Today she was recounting the event to her parents while they were visiting, and said something along the lines that I'd just disappeared for an hour without saying a word. I so, so wanted to say, 'Another perspective might be that while I was in my room, enduring the worst pain known to man, no one so much as bothered to check on me or bring me water.' She knows that when I have an attack, I need water.

But I didn't.

I often think our friends and family understand to the best of their ability, but no one really gets it apart from another sufferer. It's not just the pain, it's the fear, it's the constant worrying about when the next attack is going to be and how bad.

I hate this time of year. My worst months for headaches are usually Dec - Feb or March. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

MG

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

[Psssst....insert the obligatory "ahem, isn't it time to be a-busting right around now?" nagging reminder from Jeebs here. Jeebs who is now starting to refer to himself in the 3rd person, Lord help us all.]

Yes, thank you Jeebs. I shall be starting a busting routine just as soon as my daughter goes back to her home on the 1st. might even be able to bust on the 1st.

My MM stock is low, but may place an order for seeds to tide me over.

The challenge is, and the main reason I haven't busted recently, is that I've had so many migraines I've taking a lot of zomig and eletriptan, which of course puts a 5 day kibosh on busting.

Hugs

MG

I often think our friends and family understand to the best of their ability, but no one really gets it apart from another sufferer. It's not just the pain, it's the fear, it's the constant worrying about when the next attack is going to be and how bad. 

True dat! I have said this many times and will say it many more...thank God for ClusterBusters! Hang in there Mox honey! You got some folks here in Texas thinking of you and sending love and PF wishes your way.  Hugs!!!

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I've lived in Texas a couple of times. Dallas for a couple years, and also had my Air Force training there.

CHFather, most of mine are still quite short, 10-15 minutes, if that. But the KIP10s are usually longer, 30-45 minutes, the odd hour one. But I've only had 7 KIP10s this year, which is about average. If they start getting longer on a more regular basis, I'll push my GP for that O2 tank.

xx MG

Ahh sending best wishes to you MG, really feel for you!!

I really hope you manage to get some pain free time and get that bust in!! Sounds like you've got on a vicious 'merry-go-round' with the CH and migraine cycle...hope you can kick the migraines into touch so you can throttle the CH!!!

I could shake your house-mates for you...I know exactly where you're coming from...My hubby leaves me alone for ages sometimes because he doesn't know what to do for the best...leave me or disturb me...Could you make sure you keep some bottles of water/flask in your room as a just in case??

Sending many best wishes and even more hugs your way !!