New Announcement

didgens

Interesting, didg, and thank you.  I worry that there's not a happy explanation for your recent absence, but I hope I'm wrong.

From 2005: >>A device that sends pressurized carbon dioxide up one nostril and out the other -- without being inhaled -- appears to rapidly abort migraine pain, researchers reported.  In controlled studies, nearly 30% of patients suffering from migraine attacks were pain-free within two hours of initial treatment with the CO2 device.<< 

This doesn't seem like a particularly good result, does it???  "Rapidly?" I don't think so.  http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/Migraines/1817

The company that's proposing to test this for CH, Capnia, had to cancel its migraine clinical trial because of "low enrollment and lack of funding for study." https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01253915  The CH clinical trial, in which some folks will get a placebo while others get the "real thing," doesn't seem to have been scheduled yet.  I was amazed that there were people courageous and public-spirited enough to do that maybe-getting-the-placebo thing with that vagus never stimulator clinical trial; seems like it might be even harder to get folks to sign up for this one.

Hi CHf ,, thanks .. no I was on vacation (happy explanation) for a couple weeks.  we actually are getting continued good news on the hubby front,, chemo continues to shrink his tumors so we do as Dori says ,, " Just keep swimming. " 

My  sons CH's have been quiet.  We are getting more rain here in So Cal then I have seen in a few years.  Am wondering how the spring (with increased pollen rates ?) may or may not affect his cycle. 

I hope all is well (as can be) with you and yours !?

it does seem odd that CO2 would abort CH ,, that kinda the opposite of standard O2 treatment huh ?? bizarre .. as for rapid maybe migraine suffers who have their headaches for days at a time feel 2 hours is rapid  ;)

oh well ,, it was kind of encouraging to see a company trying to "Bring Light" to the CH problem ,,, maybe just not the right companies !? 

• 3 weeks later...