Headache Diary

MoxieGirl

If you are a follower of my posts, then you know I meticulously track my headaches, and have been doing so for 5 years. I've found it to be a very useful resource.

I've recently converted my spreadsheet into a database that I can run on my iPhone, and am quite impressed with it, if I do say so myself.

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in having this, and if so, what sort of information would you like it to include beyond what it is already there (see further below for details)?

I'd like to be clear in that I'm not trying to sell anything. The application that runs this database is free, and the database itself would be free. I have no intentions of charging anything to anyone.

The database at the moment tracks:

The values in each field can of course be customised, so, for example, if you don't have Migraines, you can remove it from the list.

If I get a chance I'll put up some screen shots if people are interested.

I used to track things like triggers, sleep patterns, alcohol intake, etc. But I've been doing it long enough I know my triggers, how well I sleep and how much I drink. But if you would find such information useful to track, I'd be happy to add the fields or any other fields people would find useful.

This database is still in development, and I've just started creating a number of useful reports. But thought it worth asking if anyone else would like a copy while it's in development as I can make required changes pretty easily.

MG

Hey MG, you're amazing, it sounds superb and something I'd really like to use...gotta be better than the sheet the Neuro gave me.

I'm totally clueless with making spreadsheets but I can fill them in lol :)

Thanks so much for coming up with this and for being generous enough to want to share :) x

*blushes*

No, it's not an excel spreadsheet. That's what I used to use, but I've upgraded.

I've reproduced my data recording into a Filemaker Database. If you're Microsoft Office savoy, you might have heard of Microsoft Access. Filemaker is essentially the same thing but is both Mac and Windows compatible. And as I'm learning my way around Filemaker, it is SO much better than MS Access.

To use the database I'm building on your iPad, iPhone or iPod you'll first need to download Filemaker Go - a free app. Then (once I've finished it and have you download the actual database) copy the Headache Database to your device. Don't worry, I'll write up step-by-step instructions.

I'm afraid Filemaker doesn't run on Android. :(  Filemaker is owned by Apple.

I'm working on this between other projects, so it may be a few more weeks before I have a finished product. Right now, the data entry bit is really good, but I'm working on creating some meaningful reports and maybe an export feature so you can dump it out to a spreadsheet if you wish.

Will keep everyone posted and be in touch when it's ready. Let me know if you have questions or ideas.

MG