New Yorker - "The Trip Treatment" - Michael Pollan

CHfather

Great article.  Phase III could pave the path for us as well!  How do we piggy back this kind of attention/press? 

Pslyo kept me PF again in 2014.  Not to take away the benefits from the dying, but I'll give a shout out to the living!

Due to a notoriously short attention span it took more than one sitting for me to finish the article, but I think it is excellent and important indeed, and I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

Especially eye opening for me is how high a dose they appear to be using so effectively in the therapeutic setting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just posted this on another thread, but it's relevant here.

There's a letter in this week's New Yorker in response to this article. The author wrote this (in part -- there's more there):

"As a former director of the White House Office of Drug Abuse Policy, I now feel a sense of shame at having failed to try to reverse the Nixon-Ford policy that placed most psychedelics on the DEA's Schedule 1 list, prohibiting their use. Congress would almost certainly have blocked this change, but had we been able to lift the ban on scientific research into medical applications, doctors would probably now have a far better understanding of brain function, and the unnecessary suffering of many terminally ill patients could have been alleviated."