Wedding Day approaching and still in Clusters!!

shya

Hi everyone. I Marrying the Man of my dreams in two months and hes jn major cluster headaches crisis right :( Im so worried...maybe we should cancel all the plans? Ever since we got back from vacation in Mexico his head was in pain daily for 13 days straight now hes every other days with a few breaks.We wil try magic tea again and ges on heaps of testosterone too and Im just parting he will start come out if this as the Weather gets better.Advice , experience on weddings days? Thoughts? :'(

Shya,

I remember that you said before that oxygen doesn't work for him. But I don't remember whether you got a proper setup to really test that.  That's the #1 priority. See the CB O2 Page under the MENU tab on the left side of the page.

I don't recall that he was really trying much (but maybe he had already tried it all already).  D3? (https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804   Energy drinks?  Seeds, if MM wasn't really all that helpful?

If it's true that busting and O2 don't really help him, then I would look for an alternative diagnosis, such as hemicrania continua.

All really good points.Thank you.Busting helped but only if he did it every week and he hates it..so its very difficult to get him to take it.It helped do much last February and brought the severe attacks down to only one a week.I am reading about indomethcin and going to look into that.Thank you

shya,

I really hope that this gets resolved quickly for you two.

Since he is episodic, I bet the changing weather will help!!!! Weather fronts can be very rough.  >:( So can elevation changes and flying.

When does he normally cycle? It appears from your post that the flight was a big factor.

ATB

By my calculations he clusters nov-april worst but this February has been the worst hes ever been.Hes on demerol almost daily :( ...but they never really go away.Just cant believe how brutal it is.Its the most unfair thing  :'(

Busting helped but only if he did it every week and he hates it

If it's the tripping and similar side effects that he hates, he should switch to seeds.  No trip.  You can get them quickly and legally (though preparing them is illegal). 

Demerol seems pretty crazy to me, even for pharma meds.

Well, demerol will mess with busting and is only a partial pain reliever.  :( Actually not a good med for CH. It will not normally kill the pain of a hit.

Perhaps he should de-tox for 5 days and try seeds. Easy and no trip. He will have to commit to giving up the demerol for those 5 days before busting though.

For shadows, or low level hits caffeine is a great abortive. In coffee or an energy drink. Chug a cold one at the start. Really can help. Ginger tea can also kill them.

If he gets nocturnal hits, melatonin is a big help for many. The D3 Regimen is also great. For some, it kills the cycle and for others, it lowers the pain of the hits. Works for a lot of Cher's.

Does he know his triggers, other than barometric pressure drops? Those things are really good to know.

Hope that we can find an answer for you here!