Just been given Flunarizin..anybody know anything?

Thunder Horse

I got out of the neurologists on wednesday with another new "exclusive" box that only the hospital dispense...

flunarizin

so far it feels like crap

but then i just got made homeless on 6th feb and keep getting flashbacks and blackouts ever since...

so theres a lot to feel crap about anyway

I just wondered why i cant find anything on them

do they have another name?

anybody had any joy with them?

or do they just make you feel shite?

thanks in advance..,

n bliss wishes,

-thunderhorse

oh yeah they also said i would be getting an imigran nasal spray prescription from my gp to go with the xylocaine naprox oxygen and dihydro

and yeah i got booted out for trying to tell my mum about the mushrooms for headaches  :-[

and disuading against the drs psych pills...

unless that was just an excuse for the real reason being because her boyfriend moved in..

so how do you go about hiding myco-efficacy?

maybe thats worth another thread... :-/

i forgot to say its not just clusters ...

i get hemiplegic migraine with up to 16 days paralasys too

i dont know which the flunie pills are for

it's so confusing ..

just found out imigran is sumatriptan ,,,

already went through suma and riza last year to no avail ...

:-?

does anybody know a good drs list for the uk?

I notice there are some for usa and canada

- seems the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing here in nottingham so far, if only i could get through to my neuro on their phone

T' H', you can read about Flunarizine (which is not available in the US) here -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flunarizine.  Sounds like a sensible pharmaceutical for your conditions, including this: >>It may help to reduce the severity and duration of attacks of paralysis associated with the more serious form of alternating hemiplegia.<<  There's some additional info here -- https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esuom33 -- including this alert: >>For maintenance treatment, 2 successive drug-free days every week are recommended and flunarizine should be stopped after 6 months and only re-started if the person's condition relapses.<<  I can't vouch for this info, but it seems to be coming from an official source.

I'm really sorry for all you are dealing with.

Hello CH father , thank you kindly for those links

i really appreciate that,

so its for the hemiplegics..

just found out about the imigran and edited my previous post after finding out this new nasal spray will be a second round of sumatriptan trials ::)

thank you for your kind words too  :)

its been very therapeutic just getting stuck into the threads here and shake off the dust..

especially after years of being too shy to post and paranoid over blue mycology and a few hbwr seeds .

ill go digest those links , blessings ,

-hoss

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know if this is of any use to anybody here

are there any other hemiplegics on board?

if there are , or if anybody is seeking help for somebody they know with hemiplegia , i found this:

https://hemiplegicmigrainehope.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/types-of-hemiplegic-migraine/

after reading through it , it seems the xylocaine may have been given for hemiplegia but I was definitely instructed to use it for clusters , up to 20 sprays per cluster..

:-? shrug