New guy here

tryptamine

Greetings all. I found this site some time back in a desperate attempt to figure out how to end excruciating pain and immeasurable suffering that numerous doctors could not offer aid for. I have tried Verapamil, Sumatripan, Percocet, oxygen, vigorous/violent exercise, diet changes, ect ect. Many of which only offered temporary relief if that. It was from clusterbusters that I discovered just how helpful the psylocybin molecule can be in regards to this condition and began to research the possibilities. I am now familiar with the possibilities that the Indole Ring structure offers for not only relief but treatment as well, yet I still have a long way to go and much to learn.

Personally, I have suffered episodic clusters for a little over 11 years now. It wasn't too bad at first, other than feeling absolutely crazy for having headaches about the same time everyday. However, over the years they have increased in both frequency and intensity which has been disheartening to say the least. I am now at the point where I get CHs every 3 to 4 months, 1 to 2 times a day, with a cycle that lasts about 15 days. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and it pains me terribly to know that there are others like me who are tolerating much worse cases.

With that being said, I figured I should stop lurking since I now have knowledge to contribute as well as support to offer others. I also still have many questions as well. It will be nice to communicate with others who understand what I am going through. I look forward to interacting with this community and facilitating our attempt to make life with CHs that much more bearable.

Wow thank you all for the welcome and the kind words about the art! I can definitely feel the love.  :)

Alleyoop: Nope, geocentric isn't CH inspired. :-/ Ive only got one that is right now and unfortunately it is stuck on paper for the time being. I'll work on that.

ohhhh man that is a great concept for a future work. I can definitely see it from your point of view. I see the optic nerves and the whatnot as well as a lens and retina. Ive gotten a couple of different interpretations of it but that is the best so far. There is actually a tiny eye in the very center of the picture intended to be the "third eye". So there is indeed eye. You should continue to interpret it as you see fit though. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

There is actually a tiny eye in the very center of the picture intended to be the "third eye". 

The "third eye," aka the pineal gland is located in the hypothalamus.  It is responsible for producing melatonin and serotonin among other things.

From Wikipedia:

"Some writers and researchers, including H. P. Blavatsky[8]  and Rick Strassman, have suggested that the third eye is in fact the partially dormant pineal gland, which resides between the two hemispheres of the brain. The pineal gland is said[who?]  to secrete dimethyltryptamine (DMT) [9][improper synthesis?]  which induces dreams, near-death experiences, meditation, or hallucinations. Various types of lower vertebrates, such as reptiles  and amphibians, can actually sense light via a third parietal eye—a structure associated with the pineal gland—which serves to regulate their circadian rhythms, and for navigation, as it can sense the polarization of light."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

And then there is this:

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/endocrine/otherendo/pineal.html

Very nice piece of art at any rate!  I really like it.  :)

bobb

Yep! Nice connection and thanks for the links. Im currently reading "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman. It is a fascinating book. The pineal gland is discussed at length in the book. I highly recommend it... and not only because the study was conducted at my Alma Mater.  ;) I suspect that DMT may be found to be a highly effective treatment for CHs due to the fact that the body already naturally produces it and that the psychedelic effects dont typically last as long other hallucinogens (15m to 2hrs as opposed to 4+ hrs, depending on how it is administered: ayahuasca is a different story). They just got to figure out how to make its effects not so :o .

Yep! Nice connection and thanks for the links. Im currently reading "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman. It is a fascinating book. The pineal gland is discussed at length in the book. I highly recommend it... and not only because the study was conducted at my Alma Mater.  ;) I suspect that DMT may be found to be a highly effective treatment for CHs due to the fact that the body already naturally produces it and that the psychedelic effects dont typically last as long other hallucinogens (15m to 2hrs as opposed to 4+ hrs, depending on how it is administered: ayahuasca is a different story). They just got to figure out how to make its effects not so :o .

I look forward to finding and reading "DMT - The Spirit Molecule."  Thanks!

We have a resident scholar on this board.  He not only has had success busting with DMT, but has also written a paper titled, "The Biological Function of the Third Eye." 

bobb

Welcome home!  You will find nothing but honest and caring support here.  Sometimes it gets necessary to be honest as well, I have needed a kick in the @ss once or twice myself.  Hope you are currently feeling well!!!