Reason #2 - Portland

FunGuy

Hi all.

Reason #1 for coming  to the Clusterbuster conference in Portland is the line up of speakers. 

http://www.clusterbusters.com/convention5.htm

Reason #2 is that Portland has no sales tax!!

In addition, the good people at Travel Portland will be supplying all attendees with their popular Portland Perks voucher book, which includes discounts on shopping, dining and more.

http://www.travelportland.com/

:-)

We realize that Portland is a long way from home for many of you. We try to move the conference around so everyone can have a chance to have one nearer to their part of the country (USA) One day we hope to be hosting them internationally.

We do have many members on the west coast so this one is for YOU. Hopefully many of you can take advantage of this years location. Whether its close by or if its in a part of the country you've wanted to visit. It is a beautiful area with many things to offer. Just think......people will be flying thousands of miles to be there. You might as well hop in the car and stop by to say hello!!!

These conferences have been very important to our growth and to the advancements we've been able to make.

Its our opportunity to introduce ourselves to mainstream medicine as well as local and national/international media outlets.

Just attending the conference makes a statement and people are sitting up and taking notice more and more.

I hope to see many of you there.

If you're going to be there, or would like to but can't this time, let us know in this thread.

I know a lot of you will be there but haven't yet filled out the registration forms. its getting o that time when we need to begin getting a head count to plan ahead.

Bobw

Hi Bob,

As you know, I was unable to make it to Chicago last year, as much as I wanted to.  I just could not afford it.  It's for the same unfortunate reason, that I won't be able to attend again this year.

Is it back to Chicago in 2011?  Hopefully, my financial situation will improve by that time and allow me to attend.

For any of you out there who are on the fence about going to Portland, by all means go if you can.  I know that due to the economy, everyone (except the government) is tightening their belt.  But if you can possibly find a way to swing it, I know you won't regret it!  I was blessed enough to be able to attend the first three conferences in Chicago, Austin and Atlanta, and wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world!  The knowledge and insight you glean from these conferences are nothing short of life changing.  And if you've never met another clusterhead before, well ........ then you are in for a real treat -- they are some of the most fantastic people you'll ever meet!

Oh, and there's one other attraction to these conferences -- they are a lot of fun!!!

Have a great conference, and I hope to see everyone next year.

bobb  :)

I can't begin to tell you how badly I want to be there if only  to be able to personally thank everyone who has been helping me the last two months. At this point however I just don't think I can swing it financially. Who knows what may happen over the next couple of weeks (maybe hit the lotto?) but no matter what I will be there in spirit and if I am still busting maybe that will have two meanings  :).

David

BobW, making preliminary plans to attend but nervous about being without my 02 if still in cycle. I feel like it might be winding down at day 29 today and just one or two kip 1 or kip 2 hits a day. Are there any arrangements being made to have O2 at the conference? Or any "hunting" expeditions planned?

For "fun" I checked on flights from NY to Portland, it is almost like the old "you can't get there from here". Every decent fare you have to fly out Sunday morning (anything can't miss Sunday?) or stay another night in Oregon. I am going to keep playing with it, if I can figure out a way to do this for under $750 with room I am in.

I think that we really should consider a Georgia Meet & Greet.  I know of at least 5 other clusterheads in our area.

Next weekend comes to mind.......<cough, cough>

OUCH!  I think I know what you mean, but unfortunately my daughter's wedding reception is next weekend.

David: you can stay in my extra room if that helps.  I live a few miles from the conference and have a futon on the floor that is usually comfortable.

Everyone else:  If people are arriving a day or so early, maybe I will put together a hike in the very scenic Columbia River Gorge.  Or if it is hot, we can do some swimming.  It would be a shame to visit the great northwest during the summer and not get out and about a bit.  So let me know if people are into it and we will do some fun outdoor stuff.  I can take Thursday and Friday off of work, maybe Monday too??

Great local brewerys around also for those not in their cycle.

I am ok with people using this thread to make plans if everyone else doesn't mind.  Might be fun to keep it in the open intead of PM's so people know what is going on and can join if they want. :)

--Shaggy :D

Thanks so much shaggy that is a very generous offer, if I can use my miles for a flight and figure out how I am going to deal without 02 for 6 plus hours I can afford the room (especially since I can't drink, that will save me a bundle) :)

I am going to deal with american airlines on Friday when I get back from a short business trip (driving Thank God).

David

Taking off Tuesday from Maple Falls on the motorcycles and SLOWLY making the 5 hour drive into 3 days of camping and traveling and sight seeing.  Staying in the hotel Fri nite and sat nite. 

Looking forward to the vacation and meeting new people and seeing old friends!!

Racer, you better be there!

Mast