Discouraged at the sister site CH.com

I just was under the impression that it was recommended that busting stories be posted on that string which requires a log in. 

Hello Jay,

This is censorship, & this is not what this place is about.

I was also responding to several Newbies who were saying they were afraid of the hallucinogenic affects.

All the more reason why we need to give all the facts.

I wasn't aware you were.

According to Bob W it is not the typical case. I trust that you would agree, that any positive or negative tripping experiences (also a very real possibility at higher doses) are far less significant than the treatment. 

Do not patronise me Jay.

Given the recent Bromo trial, & the removal of the Hallucinogenic molecule from LSD, it does seem that tripping is not necessary to achieve a PF status. It has also yet to be proven that by doing this, the treatment will remain effective for longer periods. However, until we have Bromo over the counter. Tripping, & all the side effects, for some, are unavoidable. 

Bob does suggest a low dose of Psilocybin. However, are you aware that even one half gram of mushrooms could contain as much as a six gram recreational dose.

the less recreational this general forum sounds the more effective it will be,     

You would not believe the amount of times I have been accused of. Using cluster headaches just to get high on illegal drugs, & who on earth put you in charge of customer relations.

Don't take this personally Jay. I tend to have a short fuse when people try to start moderating, what I believe the whole world should no about.

If someone wants to have me locked up, for doing what is the only thing that will stop me from banging my head against a brick wall, or worst. Then so be it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say "even one half gram of mushrooms could contain as much as a six gram recreational dose." Do you mean that the mushrooms vary in potency enough that "even one half gram..." or am I misunderstanding you?

though curious myself here is a list of some psilocibe mushrooms strains and there chemical content in percentages

"Please note that these do not represent average values for widely sampled populations. Just because a mushroom species has some samples that show high or low concentrations does not mean that all mushrooms of that type have levels matching those in this chart."

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

AO

I've been following this thread and just shaking my head at the original poster who came here to cause dissention that I truly didn't expect to find here.

There are idiots everywhere.  Even here and certainly on ch.com.  No one is going to agree on ewverything and there are folks who just like to fight.

Without DJ starting ch.com back in 1998 there would be nothing!!!!!!!!!!!  All the OUCH-US, OUCH-UK   OUCH Norway OUCH-Germany(I think)    OUCH Italia.  Even this site and all the good it has done...owes it's existance to DJ who started it all and everyone who ran with it afterwards.  Lets have a little respect and not let someone who got their panties in a wad because they didn't get their way...ruin it for everyone here.

Bill Mingus is very correct:

Bonkers wrote on Jul 12th, 2010 at 1:57pm:

The folks at CH.com seem to generally be of a conservative bent regarding them and most aren't going to be too open to the idea of using them even if they knew that they were the only things that would get rid of their headaches. I've had people tell me that straight out!

I don't know who told you that nor do I care, but the vast majority of people I know "over there" are more than open to the "alternates" and a fair amount use or have used them. I think the problem is that most people these days come off like they have a monopoly on the truth and argue as such. That applies to both sides of any issue.

I've taken my lumps "over there" but nothing has compared to being disparaged as a group on the other sites that have sprung up.

Don't wonder why some don't cross the bridges like I do. Some don't like what's said when people think they aren't looking....and many because of their station in society CAN'T announce publicly what works for them. I for one won't jepordize everything my life holds just to make others feel good about what they do in theirs, but rest assured I've sent more people to look at this treatment than many of you that post daily.

Go ahead......make the divide greater. That will help us all. Just remember....nothing works for everyone....even what works for you.

Bob, you know me..  You know I am not a troublemaker and that I support CB with all my heart, as do most folks on ch.com like Bill said.  DO not let this turn into what it looks like it's turning into because of someone with an agenda, an axe to grind or with sour grapes to spew.

Linda

I think what people have a tendency to forget is that we all suffer from the same affliction, so it amazes me that anyone would discourage anything that would alleviate our pain. Personally, I don't want to the meds thing anymore. I'm tired of the steroids, I'm tired of pain meds, and I'm tired of topamax. But, if someone else were to tell me that is what helps them get through the day, far be it from me to discourage them from using it. I don't think they should because of the long term effects from it, but what we go through, the pain, whatever works I say. For some people, that means Red bull or coffee, or hot shower, or ice water and cold towels, but like lucidity- said, respect differences. I will say, though, that I'm going to try the mother nature busting route as opposed to the pharmaceutical route and see what it does for me because like I said, all though I respect others choice if want they to, I no longer choose be on meds that could do more harm to my body in the future for short term relief.

i dunno man. i dont feel that i have had to edit myself on these message boards. we all know how bad the effects of prescription drugs can be. at best i can post links to this site or make suggestions about psilocybin.  worst thing that has ever happened to me is i got ignored. thats no big deal.

i would hate to see any kind of a rivalry between the 2 sites

agentorange if somebody shot down your ideas about clusterbusting on CH.com then thats ignorant. however its NOT the general opinion of its members. not by far. if i see something you posted over there ill back you up ;)    

Linda,

Pardon me if I missed something here. I don't believe the original poster meant to cause any dissention. I believe he was posting what he felt, frustration and pain. And we have all been there.

Also I'm am proud to be associated with this poster. He was only trying to say there are options.

I must of missed the part where anyone here had anything to say about  DJ and his work, other than thank you. He is highly respected by everyone that knows of his work.

We were having a discussion here. That's what we do. No one has an agenda or wants to ruin what is a lifeline for most members, on both sites.

I've read the posts on both sites, and I see support and disagreement on both sites.

Guess what I'm getting at is, where is this secret rule book that any of us should be following.

You saying someone got their panties in a wad, is about as disrespectful as I have ever seen on this site. But feel free to express yourself, just don't lecture anybody here about respect.      Respectfully yours, Leslie

CArl,

You say "even one half gram of mushrooms could contain as much as a six gram recreational dose." Do you mean that the mushrooms vary in potency enough that "even one half gram..." or am I misunderstanding you?

Ron

Hello Ron,

When growing using the PF Tek method. Or any other method as a matter of fact. One has what are called "aborts".

Those tiny little fellows, which are about one tenth the size of the over all yield. These are usually much more potent than there larger brothers.

The dose levels given at CB are guide lines only, & one can never be fully accurate. As far as I am aware, psilocybin content can only be  tested for in a Lab.

So "yes" a relatively low dose could prove to be much higher. Which is one of the reasons why we suggest to begin at a lower dose.

CArl... 

Linda,

Pardon me if I missed something here. I don't believe the original poster meant to cause any dissention. I believe he was posting what he felt, frustration and pain. And we have all been there.

Also I'm am proud to be associated with this poster. He was only trying to say there are options.

I must of missed the part where anyone here had anything to say about  DJ and his work, other than thank you. He is highly respected by everyone that knows of his work.

We were having a discussion here. That's what we do. No one has an agenda or wants to ruin what is a lifeline for most members, on both sites.

I've read the posts on both sites, and I see support and disagreement on both sites.

Guess what I'm getting at is, where is this secret rule book that any of us should be following.

You saying someone got their panties in a wad, is about as disrespectful as I have ever seen on this site. But feel free to express yourself, just don't lecture anybody here about respect.      Respectfully yours, Leslie

I couldn't agree any more with Leslie.

bb

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1278803375

theres the post go read it

i have nothin agaisnt ch.com, i posted my experiences and was some what called a liar so to speak, i had bad reactions to all the meds, i was ignorant to what i was taking, neglected by my doctor, not monitored by my doctor and not informed by my doctor, and now i have paid the price kidney stones from lithium, 47 for a heart rate thanks to verapamil, avn from steroids, strectmarks, weight gain and hair loss from steroids, and now rescheduling surgery for my avn since my orthopaedic doctor became ill in the surgery before mine and cancelled after i sat in the hospital rigged to the machines and went through pre op

no one shot me down for clusterbusting

i never pushed the alternatives over there isimply wanted to warn the newcomers and old timers on these meds about hwat can happen if not monitored. guess i was wrong, and guess i am also wrong to report my experiences with the alternatives as well on here, i thought that was the idea to report experiences to help others since most doctors have no idea whats going on, how will they learn without peoples experiences? if it wasnt for people reporting experiences there would be no doctors for anything

ive re read this thread here and do not understand whats so hard to figure out, guess im just retarded, its a warning simple as that, someone reporting experiences

AO

guess i was wrong, and guess i am also wrong to report my experiences with the alternatives as well on here,

Your not wrong AO.

Many will read your post, & be curious enough to follow your lead, & thank you for doing so.

You have been, pleasant, & polite, & you are not the one who has "Got there panties in a wag"

Good to hear your doing well.

CArl...

CArl -

i know i am not wrong, i was being sarcastic, like i said if it wasnt for people reporting their experiences, we would have no doctors and no knowledge. thanks for understanding and the kind words

dose day today and hope to put another wound on the beast :)

AO

AO, hope you are having a great evening...looking forward to your next post. Just went and read the string you started at CH. Pretty funny. You stirred things up a bit over there. Seems you have your share of supporters there too, including a few names I recognize here. I think its like that on both of these boards. Everyone is all about love and support and inclusion until someone disagrees with them and then the old timers can't handle losing control. There is no room for egos on a board like this...but the good news is they have the right to say what they think, including that you and I are full of shit. And we have the right to defend our shit, until a moderator throws us off. And then let the posts be the judges. 

we all know how bad the effects of prescription drugs can be
i never pushed the alternatives over there isimply wanted to warn the newcomers and old timers on these meds about hwat can happen if not monitored

I agree with you Johnny and AO, I'm done with the meds. You can lead a horse to water, know what I mean that's all I meant by earlier post. But I'm in your camp. I'm a borderline type 2 diabetic now because of steroids so you wont be seeing me advocate the use of presciption meds anytiime soon. But some people, you aren't gonna change their minds. So, more busting for us  ;)

And we have the right to defend our shit, until a moderator throws us off. 

Just to clear up something, a moderator on Ch.com can not "throw us off". Only the site owner can do that. Debate without personal attacks is encouraged.

I would like to add that when a user (old or noob) makes a statement, others can and will question that statement at times. Painting with broad brushes isn't always the best way to argue a point. Just sayin.....

No one here is disrespecting the other site or DJ.

There will be people that come here and get discouraged.

I've been on ch.com since day one. I knew DJ before there WAS a ch.com

Its been around what, over 10 years, 12? There have been hundreds of people that came away discouraged. That doesn't change the thousands that have been ENcouraged.

One thing I don't want to happen here is that people be told or feel they need to be tough skinned. When people come here they have been beat up enough and don't need another brow beating.

If someone feels discouraged by someone over at ch.com, or by their doctor, or discouraged by another failed med, or discouraged by a slow 02 delivery man, I hope they come here and tell us about it and get some support.

I'm sure DJ feels the same about people going to his site. if someone feels discouraged here, I hope they go to ch.com and get some support. I'm glad people have choices and don't have to go home alone to deal with a life of cluster headaches.

I didn't read anything on the thread here or at ch.com that was at all divisive or disrespectful of the sites or DJ or cluster sufferers.

For those that have been around for a long time, just think how that ch.com thread would have developed and ended before DJ set down the new rules.

I've seen nothing but a good healthy discussion of some very important topics and diverse points of view.

Bob

I propose and challenge ch.com to a three event Message Board Olympics at next year's Clusterbuster conference in Chicago. Tug-O-War, fishing derby and scrabble match.

That's the only type of competition I expect between us.