Semi delicate or maybe a stupid question

davidj

Denny, Denny, Denny,

Never met one with an hispanic heritage, huh? How 'bout me and the Bonkers? We're both Mex. Not full-bean, however. I'm 1/2. Michael's also half 'cause I married a half-Mex woman. My dad was full-bean and so was hers. I'm now absolutely positive that it's being a half-breed or multi-breed human that causes CH. Oops, I think that's all of us.

Ron

p.s. - A wise man once told me that we're all part of the same asshole society. He said nose-hole but the implication was asshole.

There sure is something tricky to it, I thought me being descent from Russian/Lithuanian/Polish origins gave me immunity to drinking crazy ammounts of ale, seems not, I get pretty devastated if I touch ale lol

Though in my early days when I still had like 1-2 week max of CH every 2 years I could drink so much, like 2 0,5litres vodka bottles 4 beers and sip some tequila with salt then chew on slice of lemon and still be in good shape, well at least I didnt faint or sth.

Anyway seems those good times are over :D

P.S Ron I love Tortillas and Nachos I got addicted to them and Kebabs!I know Kebabs are turkish but I also love the being spicy, gosh I love so much spicy kitchen  ;D

Some people use spice as an abortive, I think capsisan or something like that

You're thinking of capsaicin, davidj35. It's the chemical that makes peppers hot, in pure form.

Take a look at this quote from Wikipedia:

"Clifford Woolf, the Richard J. Kitz Professor of Anesthesia Research at Harvard Medical School, has suggested using capsaicin to deter abuse of certain extended-release drugs such as OxyContin and Ritalin.[38] ... Anyone then chewing it, snorting it, or injecting it would be exposed to the full power of the chemical. 'Imagine snorting an extract of 50 jalapeño peppers and you get the idea."

Basically, using it as an abortive is doing this on purpose. As Bob Wold says, it's *very* *painful*. Definitely, definitely not a preferred treatment.

I definitely agree that the body is wise beyond what we give it credit for. That said, I think it is also important to remember the mantra correlation does not imply causation. The horrible pain of cluster, lack of effective treatment, and loss of control leaves patients desperate for *something* they can pin the headaches or lack of headaches too. Your son starts wearing a new aftershave, and you get a Kip 9 for the first time in 2 years, and you ban the aftershave, because you're certain the scent is a trigger. You go on the Atkins diet, and a cluster terminates, so you stay on the Atkins diet for the rest of your life, certain that it's the miracle anti-CH diet. Et cetera.

lucidity-

Couldn't agree more, there was a discussion about triggers a month or so ago and I said when I am in cycle breathing is a trigger. We are always looking for reasons and a lot of times you get hit because you were going to get hit no matter what you ate, drank, smelled, or did.

would love for you all to read this, even has an audio if you just want to sit back and listen.

Hope for Headaches: A Conversation with Headache Expert Peter Goadsby

I am also going to post it in "what causes these" thread

http://www.ucsf.edu/science-cafe/conversations/hope-for-headaches-a-conversation-with-headache-expert-peter-goadsby