New here - My Hubby's story

Angel

Almost no headaches yesterday?? That is FANTASTIQUE!!!

Substituting Red Bull for beer sounds like an excellent idea to me, and if he drinks very many of them, boy he could become a real fast talkin' chatty Cathy at the party!  ;D

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby is doing better then EVER !!! Only a few hits yesterday that were aborted easily with O2!! Life is great again  :) Today dosed for the 3rd time with 2grams of shrooms at about 3pm this afternoon and hasn't had a ha since !! Wow!!

My hubby likes to drink 2 to 3 beers after work but decided to stop to see if it would help and it does makes a huge difference!! Hasn't drank any for 5 days and his ha's have been improving much better since! He looks and feels so much better!

Busting is working guys! So so happy  :D

Will let you know how the rest of the week goes but so far so good! When I think just 2 weeks ago he was going though hell while detoxing and getting hit after hit 7-10 kip and now  he is completely med free and the highest ha he got was a 7 maybe 8 that was aborted in less then 10 min. AWESOME !!

Thank you clusterbusters   :)

Thanks David ! It does make a huge difference! It's like you have a choice have 2-3 beers but then have to spend the rest of the evening by the 02 tank....Like you said it will still be there when he is completely out of cycle!

'Ol Shaggy is a sucker for a nice hoppy micro brew from the local pub.  During my cycle the entire world could be drinking right in front of my face and I wouldn't even crave or want a taste.  Too painful, too many times. >:(

Angel, congratulations!!  Things are better and headed in a positive direction.  Keep at it and stay smart.  You'll figure this out this time and then it keeps getting easier. :)

--Shaggy 

My hubby likes to drink 2 to 3 beers after work but decided to stop to see if it would help and it does makes a huge difference!! Hasn't drank any for 5 days and his ha's have been improving much better since!

It's a bit like hitting your thumb with a hammer.

You try your best not to do it again.

So pleased for the both of you.

CArl...

Angel, After 2 months I tempted the beast with bunch of beers at a soccer match (Man City vs Inter Milan) Saturday when 2 of my kids were in town (21 and 25), two weeks after my cycle ended, and worried all day yesterday, then a little stiff neck last night, but nothing this morning. Not going to push my luck though. No more alcohol for a while. Jay

When I think just 2 weeks ago he was going though hell while detoxing and getting hit after hit 7-10 kip and now  he is completely med free and the highest ha he got was a 7 maybe 8 that was aborted in less then 10 min. AWESOME !!

AWESOME indeed!

Time to celebrate! Beers Red Bulls for everyone!  ;D

After yesterday's dose #3 with the shrooms, my hubby has had a PF day!! Only a constant shadow all day but not hits !! It's amazing! :D

You know what is crazy is that about half an hour after he doses his left eye (his cluster side) opens up bigger then his right....It's like you can almost tell that the mushrooms are doing something to his affected nerves...Has this happened to any of you?

Hubby will be going for the 4th bust tomorrow or maybe will wait a couple more day's just so that the receptors a clearer . He is still getting a couple of hits a day but aborts it with the O2 within 5 - 10min sometimes a bit longer but so much better then it was a couple of weeks ago!

My hubby is back! He has more energy and a lot happier ! Detoxing from all the meds and busting was the best decision ever ! Even if he isn't totally PF yet we know that it will happen soon we just need to be patient and keep trying!

Life is good  8-) again!

My hubby is back! He has more energy and a lot happier ! Detoxing from all the meds and busting was the best decision ever ! Even if he isn't totally PF yet we know that it will happen soon we just need to be patient and keep trying!

Life is good again! 

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]It don't get no better than that!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

He is still getting a couple of hits a day but aborts it with the O2 within 5 - 10min sometimes a bit longer

Hello Angel,

Good to hear the old man's doing well.

The next time he has to go onto the 02, ask him to stay on it for another 5 more minutes after the attack has gone.

This has helped some sufferers from getting rebound headaches.

CArl...

Hi everyone !

Hubby did his 4th dose Saturday 2.5 grams and happy to say that he is doing AMAZING !! And since he has been sleeping through the night without any headaches! He only has a few shadows during the day here and there that he aborts within 5min with O2! We don't even remember the last time he slept so well ! He even took a nap after diner last night and no ha's !!! Mushrooms ARE magic !! I wish we had known about this treatment  before !

He is so full of energy and happy and accomplished so many projects this weekend !!

So happy right now I wish I could give you all a big hug !! Again thank you all for advice and encouragement ! You are all amazing  :) 

Will let you know how the rest of the week goes and if he will go for a 5th bust!

Wow. Hearing about that is going to brighten a lot of people's days today - I know it has mine. I even have to wear shades.  8-) :)

This sounds like it has been a radical transformation since that recent pure hell the hubster was going through during detox!!  :o

Yes, great news indeed! 

You asked about the eye opening up a week ago during his bust??  I think the mushrooms give some very interesting, immediate effects specifically related to our condition.  It wouldn't surprise me if that was one of them.

For me (and I read of at least 1 other person the same) it was a draining feeling on my pain side during my dose.  Lying down on my couch listening to some Native American flute music, I could feel the energy pulled down and out of my face and neck like the pain was simply draining away.  After that I got cold and I knew that it was gone for this cycle.  I piled on blankets and enjoyed the music.

That was also when it really hit home how much the CH heats my body.  I crave the cold during a cycle, cold air, cold water, head in the freezer etc.  Getting a cycle in the winter is actually a nice break for me. >:(

Sounds like ya'll are on your way to a mostly pain free life! :)  What a difference a little traditional fungus makes.  Congrats!!!

--Shaggy

Simple is nice.  I have a CD from a local guy.  I was reading about the Mexican Shaman lady (Maria Sabrina I think??) and she uses a simple drum to focus people into their mushroom journeys.  The simple beat helps the focus without distracting I bet.  Other stuff is fun too, but for my 3rd dose last time I really wanted it to work.  So I focused intently on the medicine and a traditional, earth centered CD worked out quite nice. :)

As an aside slightly off topic...looks like mushroom season is underway in the great northwest.  Just cooked up some lobster mushrooms that I found this weekend.  Definitely NOT in the Psilocybe family but it is an early mushroom and easy to identify.  Looks lobster red and is a fungus that takes over other mushrooms, usually from the Russula family.  Tasty with eggs this morning and taters this afternoon.  Goooooo fungus! :D

--Shaggy

Well hubby was back last night waking up every 2 hours with shaddows but the O2 is still doing it's job ! It's ok though we know it wont just disappear ! We are just so happy with his improvement !  I do see a pattern tho, every time he busts the first 2 days he is almost ha free and then day 3 and 4 gets more ha's and then day 5 much better again. Does anyone have this kind of pattern while busting ? Bust # 5 is scheduled for Thursday or Friday !