New here - My Hubby's story

Angel

....if alcohol was a trigger wouldn't it cause a ha right after having a beer ?

Yes I would think a CH would be triggered within a few hours at the most, so I'm guessing your hubby is at least lucky about the beer thing and that it is not a trigger for him at this time.  8-) I had a couple beers once during an episode and it near blew my head off.  :o

- an old timer regarding conventional CH meds, still a bit n00b with the busting

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel, I can't remember...is your hubby chronic?  If so, that could explain why alcohol is not always a trigger for him. 

A lot of chronics, including me, are able to imbibe at times without getting a CH.  The rub is that I don't know of any way of telling when it will trigger, and when it won't.

alley

My hubby decided to bust with 3gr of mushies instead of 2! The only thing is that were starting to run out of the fungus only 6 gr left. Will check with my contact tomorrow to try and to get some more...will keep you posted!

I think that somehow alcohol can interfere with the receptors and I don't believe it has to be immediate to be a trigger. I think one of the reasons I cycled back up was because of an increase in alcohol intake after more than 2 weeks PF, BBQ's, ball games( it is your fault birdman LOL), anniversary dinner etc. If possible try to avoid it till in full remission but that is my humble opinion. As far as dosing if he can tolerate an increase go for it, if all he can handle is waiting 5 days same applies. Praying he gets some more PF time.

David

David my hubby is not going to like your post LOL !! He does like his beer!! But if thats what it takes it's worth it!

Hubby did dose #7 tonight with 3gr of mushies instead of usual 2gr. He is not enjoying the trip. He has been laying in bed all evening, gets up for a couple of min. then goes back to bed! He can't sleep either. It's been 5 hours now and so far had to take O2 once for I think a kip 7 aborted in 20min. Crossing my fingers he gets a pf night!

My question is since he dosed higher then usual should we expect more ha's in the next few days?

Will let you know tomorrow how the night goes! I'm feeling anxious about how things will go tonight and the next few days. Have to take it one day or should I say 1 hour at a time! Praying that this bust will shake things up and give him more pf time! I can tell you that I'm a very nervous person but with all we have been through I'm only going to get stronger...I hope!! Now I know why they say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger lol !

Wishing you all a PF night! Thanks again guys!

He is not enjoying the trip

Why not?

I'm hoping since you went with a higher dose it'll shake things up. Maybe should you need a #8 switch to RC seeds. I might give them a try this weekend. That'll be bust #7 should I need it. I'm one behind you!!!!! well ur hubby...

IT'S GOTTA WORK!

-Jordan

Angel,

Not unusual not to be able to sleep while "tripping" and also not unusual to get hit, hard to say on the post dose hits for me they lessened the more doses I did and didn't seem to be affected by strength or type of med. I have taken as many as 80 RC seeds at a time and have never gotten to a hallucinogenic state and since he doesn't like the feeling I agree maybe mix it up a bit and do the seeds next dose. I hope he gets some PF time tonight, I am off to go drink my "cocktail".

David

Hi

I had more activity to doses that were too low. To me, it is like they just irritate the beast. After the highest doses, i had a hangover, but much much less activity.

But again, we`re all so different.

He`s not able to get a relaxed time with some music?

Usually i can`t sleep, but sometimes i just have to sleep. But i guess the first is most usual.

The doses in the "middle", from beginning to now was the strangest one. Hard to explain, but ïn a way much more unpredictable. I got hit during dosing several times. got grumpy days after etc etc. But then it got better and better, and now it works a different way. In a way.... not easy to explain....

I think he will be fine, but it takes some time. It`s a prosess :)

Best wishes to the two of you :)

Well it was a rough night for my hubby. Got hit with a kip 10 for 45min last night 6 hours after dosing! Then another in the middle of the night on the other side but not as strong....is this a good sign ?? Remember this was dose #7 with the shrooms and did 3gr instead of 2gr.

Yea...I have no idea. I'm so new to the busting. I dosed 5 days ago, and thought there might be some improvement, but I got slammed with a Kip8 this morning. That'll ruin a day. lol

It's so easy to let your attitude go south with these bastards. (CH) You have to choose life. Not depression and death. Don't get me wrong, with this disease I find myself down and out A LOT. But, I'm practicing my attitude even in the midst of suffering, or more like after I'm done suffering. In it I'm just yelling and holding my head.  ;D

N e who....be encouraged. Something will work. Tchuess!

-Jordan

Angel,

I can only share our experience . . .I am the caregiver for my 18 y/o son who has clusters.  We have been busting since last fall (almost a year now).  He has been chronic for going on 6 years.  His frequency and severity are way down from when we started, but to stress what many say, it IS a process, and can be a long one.  Any improvement is welcome!

At any rate, the higher we got on the shroom dose, the more severe his post dose hits became.  Once we backed the dose back down to a more comfortable level (psychadelically speaking--say that 5 times real fast! :))  the post dose hits became more manageable-almost non existent.

So based on our experiences, we stay away from the higher doses of shrooms.  He doesn't enjoy that feeling, the post dose hits are harder, and the results just weren't there.  The trip and the pain would be worth it, if there were a more significant result, but there just wasn't......not for him anyway.

We rotate doses in a random fashion (makes us feel like we are staying one step ahead of this seemingly smart animal).  Going from seeds (60 - 70), shrooms 2g, or what we call the "combo dose" of seeds 40 and shrooms 1g.  He's still not PF, but feels he could function at this level indefinitely.

Last fall, Andrew had to drop out of his first semester of college, a very difficult thing for him.  I am happy to say that he is enrolled full time for this fall, and just got a part time job.  He is finally starting to have the life he feels he should. 

Hope this helps.  From one support person to another--Hang in there!  Better days are ahead.

Christy

PS.  Ever need to unload . . . .let me know.

Christy, Wow! So Andrew's just about where Michael is on their way to PFdom. Cool! And just like Mike, he's going back to school and starting work. That's just great! I'm so happy for both of you. We both started this at the same time and we're both getting just about the same results using the same tools on sons with similar case histories. Who sez this stuff doesn't work?

Michael just joined the board (he's ImBonkers). Maybe Andrew could do the same.

Ron

Thanks Christy ! It's always encouraging to hear success stories! Very happy for your son as well Bonkers, I have been reading your story as well! I know we need to be patient, we just need to keep trying until we find the right dose. He has had a lot of improvement this past month since he got off the meds and started busting! Last night he dosed with 3gr of shrooms and I think it was to much cause last night he got a few kip 10 ha's and tonight as well! (having one right now) :(

But will see how things go in the next few days. I know it's normal to get more hits the days after the bust! He will try to bust with shrooms and RC seeds next bust! Hopefully this will shake things up a bit and give him more relief!

Will continue to keep you posted! Thanks again everyone!

Very VERY sorry to hear about those K10's Angel.  >:(

Clustermom - strange and interesting that higher doses have provided lesser results so far. Seems counterintuitive, but if this is found to be generally true for CH'ers, I suppose it would be kind of a good thing that people wouldn't have to feel that best results require heavy tripping....

Also, I would have him lay off the beer until more improvement is made. Even though it doesnt trigger for him, it could be hindering the bust. I found when I was just out of my cycle, beer would bring back shadows and sometimes a lower level HA for the next 2-3 days.

Hope those K10's come back down >:(..Sending good vibes your way. :)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff ! My hubby has been laying off the beer now! Since dosing Tuesday with 3gr of mushies his ha's have increased ! He has been getting 3 - kip10 at night since! So we will deffinatly dose lower next bust!! Maybe mix RC seeds with 1gr of mushrooms or maybe just do about 30 RC seeds alone, haven't tried them yet so will see!

Anyone have any advice on if he should mix shrooms and seeds or try just the seeds?

Carl has written some advice to this on Bonkers thread.

If i dose to low, or at the edge, i get increased activity. I increased and increased with quart to half a blotter at a time, just to find the right amount.

He wants to go lower, since increased activity by last dose? It doesn`t have to be "wrong" you know.