New here - My Hubby's story

Angel

Hi Angel,

I'm just now reading your story.  I've been busy with my own chronic hubby, Dan.  This is all new to us too.

He started dosing April 28th.  He has taken 7 doses of mushrooms.  They have all been 1.5 grams.  The first few doses were spaced at 5-7 days and then he tried to stretch them out as far as possible.  He was completely detoxed from all meds when he started.  He didn't have a drink of alcohol until July 4th.  By that time he had had many consecutive days pain free.

Just keep after it and I think you'll get there.

Lee Ann

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lee Ann ! I read your story and I'm so happy for the both of you ! What a great success story  :)

I hope we get the same success ! But we have to keep in mind that his first 3 doses he still had meds in his system (very low dose of verap and topomax) and still drinking alcohol. He is now completely meds free and hasn't had a sip in a while now so lets hope he will be having more success !

Hi - Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and mostly PF!

Hubby busted yesterday with 30 RC seeds and 1gr of shrooms. This time he felt much better didn't get a strong trip and most important his head felt very clear all evening  :) He did tho get awaken every 2 hours again with high level ha's ! Got a few more in the morning but this afternoon he was so exhausted that he took a 2hr nape and nothing no ha !! Maybe it's a good sign  :-? I guess will see in the next few days how things go! I just hope his night time attacks end soon! I think we are doing this right this time....not going to high with the doses, waiting a bit longer between doses and staying away from alcohol !

Will keep you posted...

I forget if this was mentioned earlier in your posts, but maybe 1-2 days before and after busting you could consider trying melatonin?

While in cycle, large doses of melatonin keep night attacks away for me so I get full 8 hours of rest. I suggest not using melatonin around dosing time though.

I think we are doing this right this time....not going to high with the doses, waiting a bit longer between doses and staying away from alcohol

i agree! glad hes doin better

AO

Thanks everyone ! Will diff. look into melatonine ! Tried it before and didn't do much but maybe now that his is off all the meds it will work better.

Hubby didn't get one single attack since this morning and slept most of the afternoon!  :) Now I'm just hoping and praying he has a PF night!

Hi Angel.

You guys have come a long way since this thread started.

Sounds like things are going excactly as they should now.

I wouldnt even consider adding melatonin or risking anything else at this point that might upset the cart. Keep it pure as possible.

If the night hits persist try taking the seeds alone 30 minutes before retiring.

Melatonin helps an awfull lot of folks but for me it was definately not a help.

Agree with MJ, only he has much more experience than me.

I tried when i was quiet good, and it did some change, not for the better. If you look at what melatonin is, and when you bust, you kind a slap back the system to work "normal". Melatonin could then work the opposite way now.

If he starts getting very awake, doesn`t feel tired and can`t sleep, then i would try. Then his body`s going down on the melatonin production. Now, it should be on it`s way up by itself.

Magnesium work this way for me as well.

And as MJ says, keep it pure. It`s strange, but i can`t even take vitamin tablets. A few only. I over react to everything not natural, or what is supplements or medicins in general.

Strange, but i know others experience the same.

PFW to him, and a big hug to you :)

I agree with MJ also, in regards to Melatonin.

I would not add anything as long as there is sucess or progress with what one is doing.

My understanding on Melatonin is that it helps some with sleep or getting over that bump into deep sleep without getting a CH.

I think the rule to follow is, if you are using Melatonin, you should detox from it two days before dosing and two days after dosing. It is suspected to interfere with dosing.

As far as what to do next with a bad cycle, I believe if you are not getting proper results then it is time to take a break.

Sometimes everything just levels out all by it's self.

I dose 3 times with 7 days in between. If that doesn't work, I stop and ride it out. By that I mean, no meds. 02 if you have it. Ice. Energy drinks. Decent diet. Steady schedule. Water.          

This may sound impossible, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

Also it might be a good idea to read Flash's post about keeping a healthy diet and schedule. He knows more than most of us will ever forget.         Leslie

Thanks everyone for the advice ! Will see how things go in the next few days and decide what to do next. Maybe the combo 30 RC seeds and 1gr of shrooms will give him better results. It was his first try with the seeds. During the day he is usually PF but it's the night time attack that won't stop! Maybe it will get better in the next few days.

He isn't going to try the melatonine but he has been taking magnesium now for a while. Should he stop taking it ? Do you think this might interfere with his busts?

Hey - Since the last bust with Rc & shrooms last Sunday hubby has been having a good day and then the next is bad it's been like that all week! On the good days he get about 15hrs PF time then he get's his night time hits every 2hrs until he gets up! Still haven't decided when he is going to do his next bust....might try to stretch it out to 10 days. Will see! So far today not a single ha  :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend ! PFW to all !  :)

Angel,

Since my combo on Tuesday I too have been alternating every other day  between good day and then a bad day with the worst of it coming at night (not normal for me). I am not really sure what to make of it since this was my first combo try. I had a good day today so I am putting off my scheduled dose from tonight to maybe tomorrow but I think I am going to go straight (kinda of funny) dose with just seeds and then magic only on the next one. I hope your husband gets a couple of good ones in a row

I wonder if people are getting to aggressive with the bust? I don't know if you can over medicate with our treatment but, maybe to much is a bad thing as well. I know I had to find my dose that would work for me and it's been pretty smooth since. I also wonder if the two could be blocking each other somehow. Two different chemicals fighting for the same receptors? Just some thoughts I have.

Mad6string

Hey - Hubby busted Monday with 1.5 gr of shrooms had a nice PF evening but the ha's were back all night  >:( Yesterday got hits after hits and on top of that he sliced his finger pretty bad at work and had to go to the hospital to get stiches ! Ha's all day today but this evening he got a break, no ha's!

I think it's time to take a break from busting and let things settle a bit ! Will see how things go and then maybe try just the seeds next time!

Now just praying he gets a PF night! It's been a rough few weeks. He did get a couple of PF days but not at night! Don't know what we did wrong.....dosed to high, to low or maybe to often...anyhow eventually we will figure what is right for him! Were not giving up  :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement !

PFW to all !!!