CB: Chicago Conference. Thank you!

Windowpane

Hello.  I’m Kurt Schumacher.  I’m a supporter of my beloved Hummingbird who suffers from cluster headaches.  We attended our first Clusterbusters Cluster Headache Conference this weekend in Chicago.  The experience was life changing.  We met the most wonderful people which welcomed us with open arms as if we were family.  I was captivated with the intelligence, understanding, brilliance, passion, suffering, hope, compassion, friendship, and love that filled the conference room for two days.  I laughed.  I cried.  I cheered.  The education, studies, statistics and information gained from the speakers is absolutely priceless!   If you’re on this forum and have never attended a conference, trust me, this conference is a life changer!  Hummingbird and I will be back next year regardless of location.  Thank you to Clusterbusters and all our new friends.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kurt

• Like 2

So sorry I was unable to attend this year as well....I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to attend 2 in the past so I fully understand your sentiments Kurt!

Chatter this mornin is that next year's location is between Denver, Austin, Vegas, and DC.....torn between Goin back home to Colorado and a trip down the road a piece for a party on 6th street....hmmmm...legal cannabis or an outrageous music venue.....decisions, decisions. ..not that my decision makes a feck I reckon!

My man Kurt, my beloved, is amazing isn't he? He is the first to support me in all the 30 something years I've experienced the clusters. He is my amazing man who took time out of his hectic work schedule to support me, gain knowledge and understanding of the headaches, options available, and acquired quite a few friends during the conference. He is the man, my man who went out of his way for me and at the end of the conference made new friends and encouraged newbies, especially Michelle, to try alternative options. It breaks my heart that my family has never accepted the pain I have endured for so long, but now, I have kurt my amazing man standing by my side for the last five years, encouraging, supporting and researching the headaches on my behalf, selflessly because I am so beaten down from the headaches that I consider him my voice as I feel so defeated...exhausted by the pain that I just can't discuss openly as I am so used to others not understanding the pain endured. Windowpane, I love you, I adore you and thank you with all my heart and soul for your support and love you give to me and this cause. Clusterbusters I can't thank you enough for all you offer by way of support, research and sharing of personal experiences via forums. This group, along with Kurt has saved my life, given me hope and the desire to make changes and a difference...possibly running to the hill next year, seeking out politicians in my state...as long as they are not under investigation via grand jury...ha, Illinois...nonetheless, I will make a concerted effort to make a difference to save a life and sanity of those suffering from clusters.

My sincere thank you to this group for all you do!!! Windowpane...you are my knight, savior and biggest supporter whom I cherish and love deeply as you are my amazing man.

• Like 1