2016 Clusterbusters Conference

Austin%20web.jpg

Clusterbusters is very excited to announce the dates and venue for the 2016 Conference.

Dates:  September 15-18

Location:  The Holiday Inn Austin Midtown - 6000 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin, TX 78752

Those that have attended before will tell you what an amazing experience this is.  This is an opportunity to bond in a unique way with those that really understand.  There will also be updates and reports on advocacy efforts, education, and the latest information on current research.  You don't want to miss it!

We will have lots of future announcements about the schedule, speakers and events planned, so stay tuned.

Rooms, Rates, and Registration:

We have arranged a block of rooms starting at $119 per night.   In early January we will open up registration and provide a link for booking the hotel.

We have been able to keep the registration fee the same at $125 for attendees and $95 for spouse/companions. 

We hope to see a lot of you in Austin!

Eileen

Conference Chair

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I have not attended a CB conference and was hoping someone can fill me in as what to expect if I make the trip down this year??

thanks,

J

Hi there, some others may be able to answer this better than me.  I've only been once, but I coordinate the event so I'll see if I can help.  The first thing you should expect is a ton of hugs.  You can also expect to be in a room full of people that 'get it' in a way that you have never experienced before if you haven't been in a room full of cluster headache patients and their supporters.  It's really amazing.  In addition, there's a cocktail hour on the first night, then 2 days of speakers and presentations usually from about 9 am to 5 pm with breaks and lunch.  Lunch is usually included in the conference registration for one of those days.  Coffee and tea provided both days.  The last day people generally get together for breakfast and then head home or off to do touristy things.  I hope this helps.  You can email me with other questions at conference@clusterbusters.org.

Hey All,

I have not attended a CB conference and was hoping someone can fill me in as what to expect if I make the trip down this year??

thanks,

J

My wife and I (sufferer) have been to 4 previous conferences and don't plan on missing this one or any subsequent ones. 

What you can expect this year is the largest gathering (each year we break the record) of Cluster headache patients in one room at the same time.  You can expect more love than you could imagine.  You can expect to get more information on CH than you could hope for.  You can expect to make more friends in 3 days than you could imagine.  You can expect to get more help than you would ever have thought possible.  You can expect to get more support than you would think possible.  This is just the beginning of what is a very long list. 

I was diagnosed at age 15 with CH.  I am now past my 62nd birthday.  I have been both chronic and episodic.  I was lucky to get a diagnosis quickly as my father was a CH patient as well.  I am now over 3 years headache free!!!

Hope to see you there!

Dick

As an early opener:

99% likelihood I'll be driving from Tampa, FL (I-75 North to I-10 West all the way to Austin, TX.  Anyone wanting to party ride with me, drop me a note.  I like driving (sometimes with the Zeppelin up wayyyy too loud :)).  I'll most likely do a 2 day drive up and 2 back.  Google says 17 hours straight drive.  I'd guess about 22 with gas, coffee etc stops.  I could easily be convinced to make some sight seeing stops, but if by myself I'll firewall it. :ph34r:

I know that's a long drive for most people out there, but I really prefer to stay away from airlines.  Cruise control and clear my head from the worlds worries. :)

PFW All,

J

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just had a crazy brain storm (Didn't hurt too bad :)).  I'd like to put a suggestion in the box for a future CB conference in St Pete / Clearwater, FL. :)  I'd be happy to coordinate Dive / Fishing / Boat rides.  I know 3 to 4 guys I could rope into providing offshore boats :)

J

It's funny, I just got some mail from their CVB with information about having a conference in that area.  I think it's a great idea, but it might be prohibitive for our friends on the left coast.  

If you plan to attend or even think you might plan to attend the Clusterbusters Conference, book your hotel room early. You can always cancel your room without penalty, but room availability is going to get tight. Book early!

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ebp2jbca9e8a3010&llr=asfwt7iab

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the great info. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as Bobb and DD. The flight alone is around $700usd and I'm paying in Canadian Dollar which makes is about $900cnd each for myself and my fiance and thats not including Hotel and food.

Does anyone here know when the scholarships will be awarded? and if someone will email me if I do not receive the scholarship?

thanks,