2016 Clusterbusters Conference

• 3 weeks later...

Due to interest and requests, we have extended the deadline for the Inspiration Austin Contest. If you didn't get your submission in, we will still be accepting them for a little while longer. Please consider doing this as quickly as possible though!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while!  The scholarships will be awarded by June 10th.

Also, please check out the conference portion of the website for updates and a big congrats to Eric Cohen for being our first finalist in our Inspiration Austin Contest

We will be attending.  I have two questions ..........

1)  Is there a "Group Code" to use when reserving the hotel rooms?  Should I call the hotel and hope they know about Clusterbusters?

2)  Will O2 be available to store (and use) in our rooms, just during the conference?  I know O2 has been provided in the past at the conference room site, for use while the lectures/presentations are taking place.  There is typically O2 available (at off-hours) in someones room also.

I typically get hit in the middle of the night and having it close by would sure be nice.  My O2 provider at home (Apria) will deliver tanks to the conference, but now they charge a significant price.

Can't wait to see all of you headbangers again !!!!

weatherman

Weatherman,

If you follow the link from Bob's post for the hotel you'll get the discount rate.  I'm sure someone will chime in shortly about your O2 question.

Edit:  I figured I'd just repost the link to make it easy :)

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/austin/ausmf/hoteldetail?qAdlt=1&qBrs=6c.hi.ex.rs.ic.cp.in.sb.cw.cv.ul.vn&qChld=0&qFRA=1&qGRM=0&qGrpCd=CPC&qPSt=0&qRRSrt=rt&qRef=df&qRms=1&qRpn=1&qRpp=12&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qSrt=sBR&qWch=0&srb_u=1&icdv=99801505&icdv=99801505

That link should take you directly to the discounted rooms.

And here's the main event link ;)

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ebp2jbca9e8a3010&llr=asfwt7iab

J

Thanks for posting the link for the hotel again!  Just fyi, the group code is CPC.

As for O2, yes, there will be O2 available and you will be able to sign out tanks to take to your room or you can just stop by our hospitality suite and pick it up any time.  My room will be adjacent to the hospitality suite and you should not feel bad about waking me up for access.  I will be giving everyone more information about this in the welcome packet you will receive when you check in at the hotel.  If you aren't staying at the hotel, please let me know and I can get a welcome packet to you.  I will be sending all of this information out via email prior to the conference as well for all those who have registered.

- Eileen

Also, I do apologize for the delay in awarding scholarships.  I'm not sure what I was smoking when I picked a due date in the middle of the AHS conference for getting back to people.  You'll hear from me one way or the other by the end of the week.

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to get hotel room and they claim to be full using CB link.  Is this others experience.  If full alternative suggestions?

Thanks

I recommend calling them directly and finding out if there are more rooms available.  If so they will extend our group rate to you if you give them the code CPC.  If not, I'll be negotiating a block at the hotel next door.  I'll be researching this today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The conference is only a few days away. Here is some useful information to help you along the way:

Transportation: This hotel does not have a free airport shuttle. They recommend using SuperShuttle. One way is $17 and round trip is $32. Cab fare is about $30 one way. Capitol Metro, a public bus service, offers and express route for $3.00 from the airport to downtown Austin. Once in downtown, one can either transfer to the bus route that will bring them directly to the southease corner of the Holiday Inn property or catch the MetroRail. The red line has a stop at Highland, which is approximately 1/4 mile behind the hotel. The fee for the rail is $1.50. Of course, there are also ride share programs. Uber is not available in Austin but here is a list of ride share companies that comply with Austin's regulations.

Oxygen: Oxygen will be available throughout the conference. There will be a setup near the main conference room for use during the day. There will also be tanks stored in our hospitality suite that you can sign out for use during the conference. The welcome brochure you receive when you check in will have more information about this. Please bring your own mask, wrench, and regulator. We may not have any available for use.

Event Group Photo: The group photo will take place on Saturday morning. Some people wanted a purple day, so we think this would be the best day to wear purple if you choose. Also, bring a hat to the conference. We would like to do an Under the Hat group photo.

Auction Items: If you plan to donate something to our auction or raffle, THANK YOU!!! There will be a table next to registration for you to donate and there will be a donation form for you to fill out there. We must have all items by the start of the program Friday morning. If you need to ship an item in advance, please email us at conference@clusterbusters.org for the address.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have at conference@clusterbusters.org. I will do my best to get back to you promptly.