Hello World

m9ndbent

I tried to wait 6-7 days between doses and it changed the cluster pattern every time. Now I'm almost completely PF. It's been over a year since I had a hit that was more than a 3. 99% of the time it's more like, damn I have a headache. I always know when the clusters try to break through though. As you all know, it's a totally different feeling than a "regular" headache. You instantly get the OH MY GOD syndrome.

Mad6string

I feel good,

@davidj35 That is what I wanted to hear, just to confirm my suspicions.

No nighttime CH. A good sleep. But this may just be an odd day of remission that I get anyway......

I suppose the ultimate test would be a pint of my favourite lager. I don't think I will risk it just yet.

My first dose was Tuesday night 11pm, so the next will be Tuesday next week, a good opportunity as most of the kids (I have 4!) will be away. (I actually feel like a teenager sneaking about doing this)

@Yury66 from one first timer to another, go for it.....you got nothing to lose but the pain.

m9ndbent

@mad6string

Oh, thanks, my browser had not refreshed so I missed your post. Just outa interest are/were you episodic or chronic? I am told I am episodic, but 7-9 months of the year I suffer.

And yeah, I know the twinge of Oh Christ, here it comes.....

m9ndbent

I suppose the ultimate test would be a pint of my favourite lager. I don't think I will risk it just yet.

Not worth the risk M9.

It could undo the good progress you have made.

CArl...

M9, please do not make the same mistake I did, after my 5th or so dose I went 2 weeks PF and I passed the beer/wine test and introduced alcohol back into my life. My PF time ended shortly after that and I have had to continue to dose to get myself back to where I was. All I am saying is wait as long as you can to reintroduce beer etc, I believe it can prolong a cycle or interfere with a bust.

I am all for a drink once in awhile believe me, but my 2 cents says wait for a bit.

For full disclosure I tested myself again the other night and passed but I am still not going to have anymore for a few weeks.

David

Sorry to hear that M9, I think the post dose hits or the ones while getting toward new dose day are the worst. For me day 1 after dose and day 4 to 5 right before I could dose again was where I would get slammed. Started getting better after dose 3 and then better and better. Hang in there and keep fighting.

David

Thanks Davidj35 its good to know these things, they will keep me going.

No CH last night, about 3 kip 4 yesterday and shadows that would not respond to taurine, coffee or o2. But still this is better than feeling like a slowed down, forgetful zombie.

I had forgotten a few of the symptoms that come on into the cycle, a crunchy neck, painful teeth, sensitive head, it sometimes feels like I left my sunglasses on the top of my head or am still wearing one of my (ridiculous) hats. Oh, and to some degree, pure, helpless depression, sometimes I feel that the headaches are a punishment for feeling good when they are not there! I know its sounds stupid, but very real when all you want to do is jump out the window and stop the pain.

I had a horrible moment the other night as I was chugging away at the o2, my 7 month old baby girl was asleep in her cot next to me. (she keeps me sane) as I felt a twinge of white pain she reached her hand to the exact spot on the back of her own neck.

I hope and pray she never has to go through this, ever.

However, I do try to take positives out of it, the MRI images have and will be used again in my video projection. When the CH has peaked I sometimes get real clarity of thought in my head, almost like a very lucid dream, and I can visualise some amazing things.

Thankyou for your support, I am counting the days away (2 sleeps now!) til my next dose, then I will have to get some RC or Hwbr seeds as mushies are difficult to come by at this time of year, I have not yet looked into growing spores, I seem to remember there was some sort of law change here as the head shops no longer seem to sell them, although a keen herb grower (legal kitchen variety only) I assume they will take some time, love and effort.

still gonna kick its arse though.

m9ndbent.

Can someone explain the crunchy neck thing. I am so there now, almost two weeks after my cylce ended. It started the last 2 days of my cycle and almost seemd like the signal that my cycle was ending. It's better everday but so wierd. What's the connection?

I don't get cluster headaches but I do know about stiff, crunchy necks since having 4 of the 7 vertebrae in mine together with the first thoracic vertebrae fused together into a solid block.

With me, it's where I manifest my tension. It's a protective response where I hunch up my shoulders and tense up my neck muscles. Do that for 30 or 40 years and you destroy the discs which separate and cushion the vertebrae. The crunching sound is bone rubbing on bone.

No CH last night, about 3 kip 4 yesterday and shadows that would not respond to taurine, coffee or o2.

That sounds like a positive sign to me! Fingers crossed.

I've had a consistently crunchy neck with "crystal popping"  :) sounds for probably half or so of my 30 years of CH and mine hasn't struck me as being related to CH. I'm also lucky that the neck thing is strictly an auditory perception for me - no related pain involved.

Hi

Happy to hear that :)

Your doing what you can you know, and that`s something to take a bow for :)

the crunchy neck thing

I don`t know. But what i do know, is that i don`t know what i NOT have tried for my neck. And after i started this treatment, it got better. when i got painfree, i didn`t have a chrunchy strange neck. And when it rambled up, first thing was the neck. I have always imagine a "tunnel" where the signals was sent through. And that it became more and more blocked. After the neck thing, came the symptoms of Renaud`s syndrom on the "bad" side.

Now, for the first time in all this years, i can actually take my chin all down and touch front side. But knowone can answer.

Maybe someone here? :)