Nausea and Clusters

I hate to be so blunt but with so many wonderful people out that are willing to answer questions, perhaps you could answer this one as well. For as long as I have had cluster headaches, they have never made me nauseous until this recent cycle. Now, I am beginning to vomit with some of the headaches. Never did before. And it's not with every headache, but I would say about every 3rd headache. I know it's not migraines, because I've had clusters since I was 15 and I'm 32 now. No sensitivity to light, my pain is unilateral, stuffy nose, rocking back and forth, yada yada. Anyways, back to my original question. Is the vomiting normal or is that something I should have checked out?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I will say this and I forgot to mention this, there are times when I feel the headache coming and I have a prescription for Stadol nasal spray and I will use it in an attempt to alleviate some of the pain. Do you think it's possible some of the post nasal drip is what's causing the nausea?

I believe you.  I have barfed, only with 9's and 10's.  And no, it wasnt a migraine.  I'm trying to remember, I bet most of my barfing was taking meds.  I have barfed during this cycle I am in now, only once and it was right after I downed a red bull.  Yeah, its like something sets off your stomach, that normally wouldnt but your in so much pain it jacks you all up.  I bet it is the nasal spray, especially if your barfing 33% of the time.

Thanks for the replies. The more I think about it, the more I think about it, the more I think it is the nasal spray.

Any new meds?
Stadol (nasal spray) is new. Never used it till this cycle.
yea thats right thats what u get for taking people in with poison ivy before 
Poison Ivy? Those s.o.b.'s....serves'em right.  ;D

Stadol,   For me that was nasty stuff, only tried it once.  Became  so dizzy I could not stand or sit, actually rolled off the bed onto the floor.  Gotta hate laying down with a CH in full swing.  Then the intense vomiting and unable to crawl to the bathroom.  (sorry, way TMI).

More info on Stadol here:

Read through the side effect section, nausea and vomiting is common. 

http://www.rxlist.com/stadol-drug.htm

I hate to be so blunt but with so many wonderful people out that are willing to answer questions, perhaps you could answer this one as well. For as long as I have had cluster headaches, they have never made me nauseous until this recent cycle. Now, I am beginning to vomit with some of the headaches. Never did before. And it's not with every headache, but I would say about every 3rd headache. I know it's not migraines, because I've had clusters since I was 15 and I'm 32 now. No sensitivity to light, my pain is unilateral, stuffy nose, rocking back and forth, yada yada. Anyways, back to my original question. Is the vomiting normal or is that something I should have checked out? 

I have had the same thing happen to me before. There have been a few cycles that I have had N/V, but 90% of them have been without any nausea. I have noticed that it was mostly the times when the CH was brought on by over-exertion during a cycle, like when I would go do MMA training or compete in jiu-jitsu matches

like when I would go do MMA training or compete in jiu-jitsu matches 

Big UFC fan here. That's something I've always wanted to try but never did, mma training that is. Did a little boxing when I was in my teens but then the gym I went to shut down and I never went further with it. I had read that the exercise might actually help with clusters because of oxygen to the blood and things like that. But then again, I've also read about the over exertion as well. Good luck in your future matches!

like when I would go do MMA training or compete in jiu-jitsu matches 

Big UFC fan here. That's something I've always wanted to try but never did, mma training that is. Did a little boxing when I was in my teens but then the gym I went to shut down and I never went further with it. I had read that the exercise might actually help with clusters because of oxygen to the blood and things like that. But then again, I've also read about the over exertion as well. Good luck in your future matches!

Here is me competing against 6x UFC veteran Drew Fickett last year

Fickett has MMA wins over current UFC contenders Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, and Kurt Pellegrino

I had only been grappling for a year and he only beat me by 2 points from the takedown! Although I did go nearly unconscious on several occasions from a choke he had me in

Looks to me like you held your own and for only having been grappling for a year, you definitely got skills. There was a couple of times there it looked like you might have had him in a guillotine and even when he managed to get to side control you always managed to get back to half guard and full guard. Great going man against an experienced UFC vet. But hell, I'm just the fan, you're the practitioner so please don't take it as me offering anything more than my congrats. Wouldn't want to insult you by making you think I'm offering some sort of insight. Got too much respect for the work you put in to do that.

Haha, I suck. You must  be using "practitioner" in the loosest sense of the word. I actually had to rig the brackets so that I could face him in the first round. I knew I would lose, but wanted to say I went against him. He had me in a tight choke where he was pressing his shoulder against my trachea and several times I started to fade out, but was able to move just enough to let some blood get my brain. I actually started to black out probably 4-5 times. I think he was just toying with me. Despite how it looked, I don't think anything I did could have been construed as "offense"

I haven't been training lately (more like almost a year), but I am looking forward to getting back in the gym hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Regardless, I appreciate the congrats! You give me way too much credit though!  ;D

Damn, got me there. But did mention I surround sound?  ;D No, seriously, congrats on the sword. How are your headaches though? Are you currently in a cycle?

Nope, I have been virtually pain free since I started dosing with HBWR seeds about 3 months ago. I am so grateful for this website and all of the invaluable information I have gotten on here! I am most definitely a believer now

Nope, I have been virtually pain free since I started dosing with HBWR seeds about 3 months ago. I am so grateful for this website and all of the invaluable information I have gotten on here! I am most definitely a believer now 

Amen brother.

Your experience sounds about like mine although I used RC. Life becomes great again

I hope to be joining the ranks of the pain free before too long. Dont have seeds but have some spores I hope to be doing something with here pretty soon if all goes well. My first time busting but I've been doing a ton of research and I think I'm as prepared as I'm gonna get.  ;)

I have noticed that it was mostly the times when the CH was brought on by over-exertion during a cycle, like when I would go do MMA training or compete in jiu-jitsu matches

When i have been pf, after starting this treatment, maybe had slight shadows this have happened. Only nausea, not vomiting though.

You've been on Fight club?