What if you could have no headaches?

aneurysmalex

What if you could go without headaches  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have surgery to fix CH's if 50% chance of survival

2. 2. Would you take 25% of the rest of your life to be headache free and lose 75%

The questions are statements I made recently to my wife and she was taken back by it.  I explained to her that my reasoning is because I constantly have a headache 24/7/365 that is anywhere from 2-4 and I also have cluster headaches that are 6-9 that are not regular but there is always a chance of me suffering from one. I just want some normalcy in my life and I am willing to take a risk/ give up some.  I am not being dramatic with this post but analytical :)  Please vote so I can find out if I am an idiot for thinking this.

In your circumstances, I think you are not an idiot for thinking those things, and I am very sorry that you are suffering so much.  Most people here have found one way or another -- through busting, oxygen, D3, melatonin, energy beverages, and even some pharmaceutical medicines -- to not be in the same awful situation as you.  Are you interested in exploring any of those things, or do you feel that you have exhausted all the possibilities?

• Like 1

My sentiments are in line with CHF's - there was a time when I would have answered yes to the poll questions, but I have been fortunate enough to have had the CH under control for a good while now, and I'll hope that's something that could still happen with you also.

• Like 1

I don't think you're an idiot at all. There's a reason they're nicknamed suicide headaches. I'm lucky that mine are random and rare, but they happen enough to be a contributing factor to not having guns in my house. My son was born via emergency c-section, the kind of surgery where they put you under anesthesia, and I woke up in the middle of it. The pain of that experience, I don't have words for. But the pain of a cluster headache? I'd have that same c-section again over and over again if it meant I'd never have another cluster headache. You're not an idiot or being melodramatic.

• Like 2

I don't think you're an idiot at all. There's a reason they're nicknamed suicide headaches. I'm lucky that mine are random and rare, but they happen enough to be a contributing factor to not having guns in my house. My son was born via emergency c-section, the kind of surgery where they put you under anesthesia, and I woke up in the middle of it. The pain of that experience, I don't have words for. But the pain of a cluster headache? I'd have that same c-section again over and over again if it meant I'd never have another cluster headache. You're not an idiot or being melodramatic.

To me, it's almost like giving birth to tiny cannibalistic pygmy's that, once birthed, continuously throw spears at your spot.  I am a male so I have no experience with giving birth but the agony that women go through sort of reminds me of my headaches :)