New Member Needs Help

Gaius

Ladies & Gentlemen,

The good people at ch.com referred me here.

I am at my wits end. The next "mainstream" medical treatment that has been offered as a potential solution is surgery. Other than that, well, nothing.

Have had this sh!t for 20 years. Episodic, apparently going chronic. HELP!!!!!!!! I have no idea where to get any of the stuff you guys talk about here. From what I've read and heard y'all's methods beat man-made ones.

Considering, seriously, the surgery. Also considering a permanent cessation (you know what I mean). PLEASE HELP THIS SH?T IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!  :'(

Thank you all.

Hey Gaius,

Welcome. I am also new here. 15 years episodic. We have been through the same as you. I'm learning everything as I go here this week so just know that you are not alone...I'm sure everone will chime in shortly so hang in there for all the info to the universe that you can handle. For now, search the boards and get as much up to speed as you can. I know this is going to work for me as I used this stuff when I was a kid an went into remission for years not knowing that I busted cycles. I have faith for you too. Chow for now.

Hi there :)

I understand. I been there. When i came here, i had it all ready.

PLEASE PLEASE believe me, that this treatment changed my life so completely. From 4-9 attacks a day, to pain free! :)

It is possible, and none of that side effects from all the other meds we are given.

I understand the despair when your chronic and nothing work. Your at the best place you could be.

We are here to support you along the way, to answer the questions you may have, to listen if you just need to ventilate about something. We are here for you.

There is hope. You can have your life back.

Don`t give up, stay with us here at this site!!!

Have you done a little reading in here? Just asking, so we know where to start giving you advice.

Glad you are here, and hope you post again very soon.

I will think of you continuously.

Feel free to ask what you want, or tell what you want.

Best wishes from me, Tingeling :)

Hi Gaius,

Welcome. I'm glad you found us.

Scroll over the "menu" button at the upper left corner of this page and read and read the ClusterBusters Warning. Then read the "psilocybin files" and "mushroom FAQ" in the "ClusterBuster Files" General Category of this forum. Reading those should generate some questions that the folks here will be happy to answer. That should get you started.

Good luck,

Ron

Gaius, Welcome. You are in the right place. I am episodic 30 years now. Without this forum I would not have made it. Everyone here knows what you are going through and they are happy to help in every way. I am currently busting with RC seeds, today my 3rd dose. It works!!! I can sleep....YEAH and am not having 8 9 10s. Some like the other alternative but this seems to block the bastards pretty good.

Have to have 02, this site and a busting plan. Read, breath and ask questions. We will all be here for you :)

Hang in there. Pain Free wishes and prayers, Carole

Hello Gaius,

I'm sorry that you have a need for this forum but first things first, you are not alone in your struggle. Actually, you and I are not all that different. I am currently into my 4 month in my cycle. I'm new to this site as well, only about a week in. The people here are great. Supportive, funny, informative. But I have been episodic for 17 years and to be honest, I could be going chronic. The truth is I dont know because this cycle hasn't ended and each of my previous cycles is getting closer and closer and longer than the last. This being the closest to previous and longest. I'm like you, at my wits ends with other medicines are beginning to not work for me and pretty much started looking into surgery like yourself. So then I started reading online about alternative therapies and their success rates and was intrigued. But, I was scared. I partied a bit back in the day but I had given that sort of thing up a long time ago and was apprehensive about putting something like that back in my body. But then I considered the alternative. Brain surgery! Needless to say I was willing to give alternative therapy a shot as opposed to trying a risky therapy that could have lasting side effects with from what I have read, might not even have that great of an outcome anyway. So basically the risks outweighed the benefits when I thought about it. I haven't busted yet. But I'm trying to prepare myself to. All I can say is google is your best friend. I believe there are only 3 or 4 states in the United States that it is illegal to buy spores. Again, I can't really go into much more detail than that. Google, it's a great thing. Good luck my friend and sending wishes your way for pain free days.

Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words and understanding! Nobody but us knows what this is like to "live" with, if you can call it "living". Right now I am just surviving, waiting for the "living" part. Get up exhausted every day. Drained all day, then The Beast hits, and I'm even more drained. Lather, rinse, repeat.

One thing I forgot to say is that "Righty sent me". Not sure what that means but a couple of the good people at ch.com said I should come here and say that.

Tingeling - I've only done a little bit of reading here, but now I am doing more!

Bonkers - read the warning, will be reading the files & the FAQ after work tonight.

Alleyoop - Sadly, I am one the few people for whom O2 is not particularly effective. Wish it was, though - a lot cheaper than 'trex and all the other meds.

Carole - I have seen "RC seeds" mentioned numerous times. Would somebody please tell me what they are? I'll probably find out soon enough but it would be nice to know already.

Tex- yes, we seem to be in about the same place. Cycles been getting longer, shorter remissions, currently in about my 5th or 6th month. This is now the longest cycle I have had.  >:(

Everyone, I will probably figure this out too but if you would be so kind as to save me the time - I know the 'shrooms are illegal, but what about those "RC seeds"? I have also seen mentioned "HBWR" - what is that? Legal or illegal in the states?

I would rather try legal things first (although it seems the 'shrooms have the best effect), because if I lose my job and my ability to earn a living, then I'd be totally screwed!

Parting thought - if God/the Universe/the Higher Consciousness, (whatever you call it) made the 'shrooms, how then can Humans make it illegal, especially if it helps people with a life-altering malady? Paraphrasing a t-shirt I once saw: "God made mushrooms, man made alcohol. Who do you trust?"

Thanks everyone!

Welcome Gaius,

I am the wife of a chronic.  Oxygen was not very effective for him until he got the non-rebreather mask.  It made a huge difference. 

He started busting in April and is virtually pain free now.  His last attack was July 1st.  Read as much as you can and make a plan and stick to it.

I love the t-shirt.  I truly believe that.

Good luck and please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Lee Ann

I am the wife of a chronic.Oxygen was not very effective for him until he got the non-rebreather mask.It made a huge difference.

I was the same.  Before getting off of the trex and starting busting, I had very minimal success with oxygen.

I think that imitrex may partially block successful o2 use, just as I feel that the alternatives may enhance it.  These are strictly my thoughts, not only from personal experience, but also from others' posts through the years, i.e. anecdotal evidence.

What many don't realize about oxygen use to abort CH, is that it has to be done right.  You have to use a high flow regulator (15 lpm or higher), and you need to use either a non-rebreather mask made specifically for CH or a mouthpiece.  The object is to get as pure oxygen as possible delivered at a high enough flow rate.  Of course all of this and more can be found in the "Menu" button, but I felt it important enough to bear repeating.

I have seen "RC seeds" mentioned numerous times. Would somebody please tell me what they are?

Rivea corymbosa seeds or Ololiuqui are seeds containing LSA (Lysergic Acid Amide), as are HBWR or Hawaiin Baby Woodrose seeds and Morning Glory seeds. 

All are legal to possess in the US, but illegal to ingest.  You'd essentially have to be caught in the act.  ;)

bb

Hey Gaius, welcome.  A couple additions to what the other fine busters have said.

Personally I don't use oxygen.  So while most have success with the O2, don't freak out if you don't have it.  Busting success still possible.  If O2 hasn't been working and you want to try or continue trying...use it exactly as recommended.  The ch.com people are very well schooled in its use as are many around here.  Many people claim that it doesn't work only to find that using a lot of O2 works.

Don't forget to detox before trying the busting methods.  Lots of pharmaceutical meds will block the seeds or mushrooms.

Do you use caffeine at all??  For the daytimers it can be quite effective.  The nighttimers sometimes are kept awake by it and sometimes use melatonin instead.  Check back in to clusterheadaches.com for more details on all that.

Some people say the meds make them chronic.  If you are detoxing off the meds and going busting then maybe you will go back to episodic.??

--Shaggy :)

Thanks Tingeling.  I spent July in Massachusettes with occasional access to the web.  I also think ya'll got it covered here and I am needed more at CH.com.  Seems like people show up in worse shape over there.  So I like to check in, but miss a lot here.  Hope to meet a bunch of ya'll at the conference in a couple weeks.  I think you said you couldn't make this one?? Maybe next year? :)

--The Shaggy :D

I think that imitrex may partially block successful o2 use, just as I feel that the alternatives may enhance it.These are strictly my thoughts, not only from personal experience

Agree!!!!

First time i tottally aborted an attack, i was all of the sudden confused. Surprised and confused. Now, Imitrex isn`t an alternative. That sh..!! Sorry.... I just really mean that Imitrex destroy body and mind. And as time go, i see very clear what it did.

I more or less pressed an ECH, in my boyfriends near family, to go for higher flow and right way of using it.

Working in health sector, he`s sceptic to what is not given from the doctor. And didn`t want to try!!

So, i borrowed his reg, and didn`t return it..... And when he needed his, i didn`t find it.....  :P

So, he had to use what i gave back.... He ended his cyclus much earlier, didn`t have to stay home from work, and in general did so much better.  An now, he won`t return it ;D

O2 is so important!!!

Hey Gaius,

Welcome. I am also new here. 15 years episodic. We have been through the same as you. I'm learning everything as I go here this week so just know that you are not alone...I'm sure everone will chime in shortly so hang in there for all the info to the universe that you can handle. For now, search the boards and get as much up to speed as you can. [highlight]I know this is going to work for me as I used this stuff when I was a kid an went into remission for years not knowing that I busted cycles.[/highlight] I have faith for you too. Chow for now.

I'm with Jeff on this one.  Now I know why I only got 2 small cycles during my 4 year vacation of college.  The psilo was abundant and we ate them frequently for fun.  Little did I know what they did for me :)

Gaius, stick around and read as much as you can.  You now have a second family that understands.

Ask many questions and don't be shy.

All the best!

Chad

but what about those "RC seeds"? I have also seen mentioned "HBWR" - what is that? Legal or illegal in the states?

RC seeds stands for rivea cormbosa seeds and hbwr stands for Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds. Both are legal to purchase, what you do with them after that is your decision. Start off by reading the threads that have to do with rc seeds under the busting category on the home page (mine is "and so my experiment begins" another is RC seeds my story by AO). You can buy the seeds on line at a few different sites and again you can find them in those threads plus others. Patience and persistence is the key, I have been busting for 2 1/2 months and have only gotten to complete PF status the last few weeks. However frequency and intensity lessened after 3rd dose. Welcome to your new family; as you are guided by the many wonderful people here you will see what I mean.

David :)

Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words and support! Now if we can just get all of these things - all of them, not just the psilocybin shrooms and the LSD and the "bromo", but also the RC and HBWR - in "reputable" studies, we might all get relief a lot sooner.

From the research I've done, and reading many posts here, it look like the shrooms and the LSD give the best, quickest relief from our common enemy! The RC seeds and HBWR seem to be a little bit less effective and longer to get a good "bust", but there is less legal risk.

But hey, relief is relief! And I think different things work for different people - God/the Universe/whatever gave each of us a different body with a slightly different body chemistry.

Still researching, still thinking, still studying, still suffering ...

There is a LOT of information here and on the links provided here. Wow! It blows my mind how much info is here! God bless all you who started, contributed the info, and provided links available on this site! It's overwhelming!

Working in health sector, he`s sceptic to what is not given from the doctor. And didn`t want to try!!

So, i borrowed his reg, and didn`t return it..... And when he needed his, i didn`t find it.....Tongue

So, he had to use what i gave back....

LMAO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tingeling, you're absolutely incorrigible!!   ;D ;D

Now if we can just get all of these things - all of them, not just the psilocybin shrooms and the LSD and the "bromo", but also the RC and HBWR - in "reputable" studies, we might all get relief a lot sooner.

The good news is that all of the alternatives you mentioned have been in reputable studies.

The bad news is we still have a long way to go.  But thanks to certain people mostly behind the scenes that won't let the dream die, we will get there!!!  :)

bb

PS - I will be contributing to ClusterBusters and Erowid. Y'all know of any other groups/organizations that support the research of the use use of psychedelics for treating CH and other vascular headaches that need monetary support?

Anything I can do to support this highly promising research I will.

PS - I will be contributing to ClusterBusters and Erowid. Y'all know of any other groups/organizations that support the research of the use use of psychedelics for treating CH and other vascular headaches that need monetary support?

Bob???

All,

I am such a dummy! I see on the list of different message boards there is one called cluster buster fundraising opportunities!

I ain't got much to give, but some will surely find it's way to support this research!!!! ;)