Advice needed.

kate

Hello all, this is my first time in years that I have needed advice. I have had such a success story with shrooms over the years that I don't suffer full on attacks but finding myself without any shrooms or powder I panicked when my usual warning signs came on recently much quicker and stronger than normal. I managed to get hold of LSD but it took about three hours to kick in by which time I was asleep and just saw colours and slept fitfully. On the third day I took another cube but absolutely nothing happened. I was shadowing heavily and then managed to take 2g of shrooms. They were strong and stirred things up as I normally would expect. That was a week ago. I am still getting shadowing and need advice as to whether I take another cube or the 1g of shrooms that I have left?

I am working on getting a grow kit.

My story was on the old site. If anyone remembers me from then my name is Kate Greenfield.

If you only waited three days between LSD doses, that might be why the second dose had no effect.  It sounds like you have lots of experience, so maybe you have found that three days between doses works for you, but I'm sure you know that the recommended break between doses is five days.  You don't say what the effect on your CH was of your first LSD dose, but if you feel that you had good effects from that, the three-day break might explain why the second one wasn't effective.  Just playing detective here, since who really knows, but I'd say that an effective dose of LSD is likely to work better for you than a gram of shrooms (again--you know your dosing effectiveness better than I do, so I'm just speculating based on typical situations.

Summarizing my ramble: (1) If your first LSD dose worked but your second didn't, it might be because of the 3 days instead of 5, not because the LSD you have is not good.  (2) Since LSD is generally considered to be as good as or better than shrooms for treating CH, it seems like you ought to go for the LSD, particularly if the one gram of shrooms that you have left is less than you would typically take to treat your CH.

Thanks so much. I will take your advice and try LSD again. Over the years I have always dosed on the third day but I believe you are right. The trouble is I'm not sure if I should dose again tonight or see if the shadows disappear on their own as its normally a week before it settles down but taking mixed drugs Im not dure if Ive done enough to stop my cycle starting......

Aside from the trip, which so far has been pretty mild, is there something else that concerns you about dosing now? Not minimizing the trip thing; a lot of people really don't enjoy any kind.  But I think we have generally recommended here that if you have any doubts about the cycle ending, it's good to administer what you hope will be the knockout blow rather than waiting.

Okay. Thanks. Will take your advice. Difficult choice as I don't know how it will affect me this time and my daughter is two days overdue with her second child. I intend to be at the birth....

Will keep you posted. Thanjs again.

I don't think the LSD is good as apart from a restless night nothing happened. It's usually an unpleasant experience which is why i stick to shrooms when I can.

I'll just have to see how I go and meanwhile get a grow kit. Thanks again.

• 10 months later...