Detoxing help for first time busting

Ok,I need a little advice when it comes to detoxing. Hopefully, the post office didn't lose my growing kit and I'll be getting a call today or within the next couple of days telling me they found my package. So, with that being said, this is going to be my first time busting. As of now, I'm on 2 different meds, Topamax for clusters and Mirapex for restless leg syndrome. Is it necessary for me to get off of either one of these meds in order for me to bust?

I'm on 2 different meds, Topamax for clusters and Mirapex for restless leg syndrome. Is it necessary for me to get off of either one of these meds in order for me to bust? 

Hello TX,

You will need to detox from the Topamax. As with all Anti seizure meds. Tegretol, Depakote, & Lamictal.

Not 100% certain about the Mirapex. I'll look into it.

CArl...

The generic name for Mirpex is pramipexole.  Here's what PubMed says about this drug:

"Pramipexole is used alone or with other medications to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease (PD; a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance), including shaking of parts of the body, stiffness, slowed movements, and problems with balance. Pramipexole is also used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS; a condition that causes discomfort in the legs and a strong urge to move the legs, especially at night and when sitting or lying down).[highlight] Pramipexole is in a class of medications called dopamine agonists. It works by acting in place of dopamine, a natural substance in the brain that is needed to control movement.[/highlight]"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001004#a697029-sideEffects

I may be wrong, but from reading this, I would think that it may in fact enhance any psychedelic and make the side effects stronger.  Anyone???

At any rate until someone comes along who can better answer you, I would think it prudent to detox from the Mirapex too.

bb

It messes with the "D" receptors which isn't necessarily a bad thing as far as we're concerned but I would probably avoid anything that effects the dopamine receptors and regulation.

If you titrated upward when you started, you should probably reverse that as much as possible and not just stop taking it.

There aren't any specific warnings about missing a dose so that should be ok. It has a half life of 8-12 hours depending upon age so after a day you could still have 25% of it in your system.

Anyone thinking about dosing should always talk to their doctors and/or pharmacists when you get new prescriptions just to get an idea of what needs to be done if you want to stop that med in the future. Actually, everyone should always know that info.

good luck,

Bob

Well, my first batch didn't turn out well so I'm going to give it another go. I think even with all my prep, the jars got some bacteria in them so I'm going to have to dump them and try again. But, what can we do. The way I see it is the first time was a test run so it's like anything else in this world, the more you do it the better you'll get. I read online and I did all my prep work right but I read that even with all the prep work, things can still go wrong. It just happens. So I wont let this first disapointment stop me from trying again. So, that's what I'm planning on doing. I'm bound to get it right at some point.  ;)

Hey Steven,

Sorry to hear bout the bad luck!!!  Don't nessesarily draw the conclusion that the problem was on your end though my friend!!!  Since you purchased a kit, you have no way of knowing if the substrate jars were properly steilized (or even how fresh they were for that matter), so by all means....Don't be discouraged by this temporary setback.

My suggestion at this point would be to consider preparing your own jars rather than risking your remaining microscopy sample on the rest of your "kit" jars which "may" be contaminated themselves!  If you want to go ahead and try it with those jars, I would do 1 "test" jar first.....there is always the outside chance that you got a contaminated microscopy sample as well.

DD

• 4 months later...

Bump

excellent question

If you titrated upward when you started, you should probably reverse that as much as possible and not just stop taking it.

Never quit anything cold turkey.

Detox is very important for best results.

the bb