Antihistimines allergies and all that jazz

Cassidy

One of my biggest triggers is pollen and fresh mowed grass and dust. OK, that's 3.

I know I have to stay on top of the sinus headache otherwise it is cluster time for me.

I usually take Benadryl. I felt like I was overdoing, so I tried Clariton, Zertech, Allegra and now Nasonex. Actually my Dr. suggested and wrote scripts for Allegra and Nasonex.

What the hell is in this stuff? After one week on Allegra, I was in a very bad mood. Last night was the 7th day for Nasonex, nose spray. I was about ready to jump off a bridge and that would be bad because all of our rivers are overflowing. I am having the same reaction to these newer antihistamines as I do with antidepressants. I mean really sick stomach and severe depression.

I post this because I wasn't aware of these side effects and wonder if other folks knew.

Also I am trying to flush all the Nasonex out of my system now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've done the sinus rinses, with saline. I try not to take anything but this is a bad summer.

On our faqs info. it is said that antihistamines probably do not interfere with busting. I suspect the newer generation, like Allegra could. The Nasonex has a steroid in it, and I'm thinking that could actually cause a CH. Maybe.

I was relieved to read that the meds could cause the depression, because I couldn't figure out what the deal was.

Rather scary. These drugs must work on receptors.

I think my hypothamus thing must be really screwed up.

Glad the Twins are playing tonight, I won't mind being a house plant.          Leslie

I always try to stay on top of my allergies and take the generic version of either allegra or claritin.  Been so long I can't even remember.  Either way, it has never effected my mood or stomach.  I would definitely think a nose spray could, in fact the zomig nasal spray has caused a nasty drip in the back of my throat which has caused me to vomit after a spray a few times. 

Glad the Twins are playing tonight, I won't mind being a house plant.          Leslie

I suppose any nasal spray that could be an irritant could cause some problems. Mess with the nerve ganglion in the back of the sinus cavity and you could be triggering a sensitive area.

Nasal sprays are absorbed very quickly so it would be difficult to wash them out.

My main concern is that you are a Twins fan. Oh my Leslie. Thats a trigger if I ever heard one!! ;-)

Bob

Go Sox!!!

I get the same side effects.

And i think some may interfere with busting. The "old" ones. Like Atarax f ex. And for me, they cause CH.

And Zantac, for heartburn(don`t sure if it`s the right name for it), is also a strong antihistamine. And they can cause blood pressure drop. And they interfere with meds that work on the central nervous system. They interfere allot of meds.

I get angioedema and dif edemas, sometimes severe. So i been treated with everything almost, i think. And her`s the strange thing.... After busting it got better and better, i stopped reacting to "everything", and now i actually off all antihistamine's. And haven't had one severe edema. Just once in a while small once. And when they start getting more serious again, CH rambles up, bust, and both gone.... So actually got rid of "everything"!!

If i take some antihistamines, to get some sleep, i found just taking one is ok. And that it depends on wich type.

Some types can be really bad.... And taken on a reg basis, some have sideeffects after long term use, that are really "special"....

Tingeling,

I'm almost to the point of dosing because of the usual CH signs. Thinking about doing some RC seeds and see if that helps with the sinus and the shadows.

Benadryl (antihistamine) was used as an antidepressant at one time.

Zantac (for heart burn) is an antihistamine. So, yes you are right these drugs are all intertwined (is that a word)

I think long term use can cause problems. A Benadryl now and then doesn't seem to hurt. It does help with sleep.

Bobb posted about overuse of drugs and rebound headaches. I think I will taper of everything and try to push the water.

Water is just a boring drink. I should have more appreciation for it. I add a teaspoon of real lemon to water and find it good for digestion.

I think I just need to stay away from doctors. Every Time I try to improve myself and get a script, I end up with bad side effects.

Yes, some of the meds. are special. :(

Leslie :)

Thanks for the response everyone.

I will give the 4Way - name brand a try. And no more sneezing.

My tomato garden is plagued with blight. Hate to go out there with the heat and humidity. And blight is a fungus that explodes in the air. Too many triggers out there. My helper is in Minnesota fishing and all I have to do is keep the garden alive.         

BobW,

Thanks for your concern. It's been a tough season. I am worried about Justin, Orlando, Nick, and Joe Nathan.

Have to admit my favorite games are with the White Sox and the Tigers. If the Twins stumble, I'll be pulling for CWS.

But that isn't going to happen. ;)  Go Twins!!     Leslie

Yes Tingeling,

I guess I am over reacting to everything. I ended up with an earache and sore throat from the Nasonex. And sores in my mouth. Steroid in the nose spray is the cause, I think.

When my immune system is down, I tend to get CH.

But so far so good. Didn't dose. Just drinking Red Bull, water and juices.

My doctor is aware of my clusters and he knows what I use to prevent and/or abort them. I asked about the steroid spray and he didn't think it should cause any problem. Glad he gave me samples because I'd be even more unhappy if I would have paid $60 for the tiny bottle.

That would buy more than a carton of cigarettes. And I know if I would quit smoking I might not need any sinus meds. I have been told that if I quit, the clusters could go away.  RIGHT!        Leslie

I would have paid $60 for the tiny bottle

OMG!!! We`re lucky.... We don`t pay any meds or consultations.....

Same happened to me, using nasonex....

When my immune system is down

I been wondering if it is the other way around. Because i hade a very bad immune system. They have told me that most likely, i have a failure. But.... After busting...... Failure is gone so.....

Sorry all the questions.... Juice? you use juice?

Oh.... Found around 500g (frsh of course....). .. Worth breaking my nose for ;D :o

Next time i go out, i*`m gonna show you folks some pictures, the nature here are so pure, untouched, and mighty. Awesome. It seems to be a good season this year :)

Oh.... Found around 500g (frsh of course....). .. Worth breaking my nose for

Trading a CH for a broken nose... There are easier and less painful ways, as you well know. ;D

Am interested in what species of mushroom you are harvesting, you got my curiosity up.

Tingeling,

Yes, you are lucky in regards to meds. Both traditional and alternative.

My biggest concern over the Nasonex was the scary depression that came with it. It never crossed my mind that would cause depression. And why would it? And in one weeks time.

My attempt with Wellbutrin was the same, along with much stomach distress.

As far as juices go, I'm just trying to keep lots of fluids in me to avoid CH and to survive our heat wave. For shadows or aborting a CH I use Red Bull (Red Thunder).

We are having a terrible summer. So hot and humid. I go grocery shopping around midnight to avoid the bright sun and heavy air.

But it could be worse, I could be in cycle or have a broken nose.

You be careful, sniffing that fruit. Don't breathe in any contamination. Better yet have some one that you don't like do the sniffing. ;)             Leslie

And why would it? And in one weeks time

I been wondering the same. And it take about two days two get the ear and throat thing using it. Have know clue.....

You go grocery shopping around midnight?! You feel everythings coming out of track, or how do you feel? I know i canfeel a little emotional and so certain periods.

My best wishes to you :)

Tingeling,

It is just a bad drug for me. Finally getting it out of my system, and feeling much better.

How do I feel? Do you want to come visit for a week? It would take that long to explain. And when I was done explaining, we would have come full circle.

People at the grocery store 'round midnight, are much more easy going and the stores aren't crowded. It's kind of fun. Never know who you might meet in the ice cream isle.

I've been busting for a long time now. Since this new forum has started, I've decided I have OCD, PTSD, Bi Polar, and manic mood swings. LOL Also I think my ancestors were vampires.

Seriously, if I follow my own body clock I would sleep all day and stay up all night. That's the way I feel the best. Often wonder if problems come around when we don't pay attention to our own clock.

It just goes back to that hypothalamus thing. There has never been a sun rise that I needed to see. I love the sunsets. Which are quite interesting these days with all the

weather fronts and storms.

:) Leslie

Seriously, if I follow my own body clock I would sleep all day and stay up all night. That's the way I feel the best. Often wonder if problems come around when we don't pay attention to our own clock

I understand, i think. And totally agree. I often said to my doctor i don`t have maybe this and that. I have CH, that`s "all"......