Best shrooms for busting?

Gaius

What are the best shrooms for cluster busting? I bet theres lots of opinions, and I guess the kind that gets mentioned most would be what I would try first.

Please don't just say "psilocybe cubensis", because looking at some of the sites you guys recommend make it look like there's a million kinda of cubensis. I guess my question really is what's the best variety of cubensis for busting? Still not sure if I want to try 'em yet but if I get to the point of doing it I'd like to know which ones work best. Thx lots.

Thanks everybody!

I've used B+ and Ecuador. I have no experience with the other strains. I've only dosed once so far and it's working. First maintenance dose will be in a couple months.

I'd think any of the PC would work. Same chemical. I'm not as experience though, so there's my two cents. :)

I guess my question really is what's the best variety of cubensis for busting? 

I don't know that there is a "correct" answer to your question.......some strains will be more potent and thus require a smaller dose to reach the desired effect.........if you go to   http://www.ralphstersspores.com/USA/index.php   .....scroll down a ways to the "Best Sellers" list on the left side of the page, you'll find several strains that will work fine for your purposes.

DD

Hi Gaius,

I suppose some sub-species are more potent than others but I don't think enough to matter. I asked at one of the psychedelic mushroom growing sites about testing potency and was almost not taken seriously.

The best answer I got was:

"i test mine using a tek developed long ago by some hippies. take about three grams of cracker dry shrooms and put them in a blender and then add 8 oz. of orange juice and then blend thoroughly. guzzle. wait twenty minutes and then lay down in a dark room and wait for Quezacotl. if Q. doesn't arrive then adjust dose accordingly."

Ron

Ecuador is a good strain for dosing. Sturdy, easy to grow, not wildly intense and has consistently been effective in knocking out my headaches.

I dry them cracker dry, then blend them in a coffee grinder to ensure uniform doses (as stems and caps have different potencies -- as do mushroom to mushroom.) I then fill 00 gel caps (with a capsule machine) and store then in a brown (to keep out UV, as UV and heat degrade the potency) vitamin bottle and keep the bottle in a cool, dark place... with a silica pack to absorb any residual moisture.

Each 00 capsule contains about .25 gr. (give or take .01 gr.) which I find to be an ideal weight for incremetally increasing my doses from batch to batch, dependant on strenghth and efficacy in eliminating my headaches.

Each 00 capsule contains about .25 gr. (give or take .01 gr.)

Hey Xeno, I'm curious why your capsules are only .25 grams? I just made some and they are all .5 or more? Or do you like making them .25 grams for gradually increasing doses should the need arise? I'm just curious.

Thanks

-Jordan

It all depends on how dry thay are and then how fine you grind them. Also then, how tightly you pack the capsules.

Make them up and weight them. Find out what your recipe produces.

It is a good idea to do this especially because of what Xeno said about getting constant doses. Different sized shrooms can have drastic differences in psilocybin content per gram.

Tiny "aborts" are packed full of psilocybin. if the larger ones are allowed to grow past the astage where the veil opens, the psilocybin per gram of weight will begin to decrease.

Mix and grind them all up to get a constant, known potency, from cap to cap.

Of course this is all just good information to hold onto in case they ever make them legal and you could injest them.

;-)

Bob

Of course this is all just good information to hold onto in case they ever make them legal and you could injest them.
I'm so hoping I get to see that day!!!

I think I packed my capsules really tight. Maybe I shouldn't have done that in case I wanted to test out the batch first.  Oh well. Live and learn.  ;D

My "inexperienced" opinion is that it is one, it's discreet and looks like many herbal supplements, two there is an even potency and weight to each pill so you know how much you are taking or how much you need to take, and three, yes definitely the taste. That's all I can think of for now.

I don't pack them tight and like .25 gr caps for dose incrementations. I love the taste of shrooms (nice and earthy) and have been known to eat powdered shrooms by the teaspoon and wash them down with whatever beverage I may have handy (water, OJ, mango juice, etc.) The capsules make measuring doses quick and easy, as whipping out a scale and weighing when a headache is coming on is not as fast. Plus, capsules are easier to carry around. I have been using small doses to abort headaches for years... not just large doses as a preventative measure.

For me, .5 gr is usually enough to abort a low Kip level headache. If it is a higher level or .5 gr does not stop the headache, I usually take another .5 gr for a total of 1 gr.

Generally speaking, "recreational" doses (also good preventative doses) are typically 1.5 - 2.5 gr. of dried shrooms, depending on sub-species and potency. Naturally, different people react differently and your own dose amount may vary. I tend to err on the side of caution, rather than the Dark Side of the Moon! Tripping is a young man's sport, and I am not as young as I once thought I was!