Shrooms legal anywhere?

Gaius

All,

Wondering what (if any) countries have not made shrooms illegal? Thinking maybe There's somewhere I could go on a busting vacation and not have to worry about the unpleasantries of dealing with cops? Just looked at Erowid's site and it doesn't look there are any listed (except maybe Brazil). And it seems that since ClusterBusters was founded, it looks like more and more countries are making them illegal >:( I wonder if there's any correlation. "By God! These people are taking business and money away from doctors! And self-medicating! We gotta stop that! Who cares if they commit suicide to make the pain stop?"

Thoroughly Discouraged, Disgusted, and Depressed,

Gaius 

Hell, maybe if there is such a place a group or groups of us could go there and have a busting vacation/conference?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gaius,

I took my CH sufferer boyfriend Andy to Amsterdam where you can try magic mushrooms - well truffles to be precise - legally. You purchase them from a Smart Shop, and thereÂ’s plenty of them around in the Netherlands. It was a good experience, so hereÂ’s everything we know and how it worked out for us.

Magic mushrooms are illegal to take there as of a few years ago, but they found a workaround in magic truffles. I believe the only difference is truffles grow underground (while mushrooms grow overground) but they still contain psylocybin.

The legality of buying drugs in Amsterdam works like this. They have Cafes (for food, drink and alcohol), Coffeeshops (where you can legally buy and smoke cannabis on the premises, but canÂ’t get alcohol in the same place) and then there are Smart Shops where you can legally buy magic truffles. You canÂ’t miss them because they all have a great big mushroom symbol hanging outside them! I believe youÂ’re not allowed to take your truffles to a Coffeshop, Cafe or anywhere else public to actually consume them, but you can take them to your hotel room and eat them in privacy there. Also, somewhat bizarrely, smoking in public places is illegal there now, so youÂ’re not allowed to smoke a regular cigarette in Coffeshops, but you can smoke a joint.

After researching how Smart Shops work, I emailed two different ones and the one which sent me a reply was the one we went to visit. He said he hadnÂ’t heard about using psylocybin for cluster headaches before, but his colleague had. Their email pointed out that they cannot give any kind of medical advice with regards to taking the truffles (which is quite understandable) but if we came into the shop, they could give us all the info we wanted on the different strengths they sold and possible side effects. Everyone speaks perfect English in the Netherlands by the way, so donÂ’t hesitate about calling or emailing any Smart Shops there.

In the Smart Shop we went to, they kept 3 different strengths in a fridge: mild, medium and strong. We opted for mild. We were also advised that if it feels like a bad experience, something sweet like a spoon of sugar will abort the trip immediately. Although as it turned out, the only side effect was Andy getting a bit giggly at everything I said for two hours and feeling “really happy”. We could live with that!

The day we flew out from where we live in London (Jan this year) was the first 24-period in 12 weeks he hadnÂ’t had a headache at all. We went to the Smart Shop the next day and he went a further 5 days after the truffles with no symptoms at all, then a few shadows for a few days, then nothing at all till last month (itÂ’s currently back). How much of this was down to the cycle naturally coming to an end (although they never end abruptly for him, they always peter out) and how much was down to the truffles is at this stage unknown I guess. Which is why IÂ’m back reading all the posts this week.

I've also read your 'new member needs help' post today and my heart goes out to you, please hang in there. Have you tried Red Bull? When taken at the onset, Andy often finds this quite effective (but not coke and coffee so much, so it's more than just the caffeine ingredient).

Hope this helps you or anyone else considering giving Amsterdam a whirl. I think all of you are immensely brave and you have my utmost respect and admiration for what you all go through.

Carolyn

x

Carolyn,

Thanks very much for the information! I think the next time I take a vacation I know where I'll be going!!! Maybe even sooner than I had expected! :D

Hope Andy gets and stays headache-free!!!!

Blessed be!

Mexico has legalized all drugs... for personal possession.

Additionally, they have a "compassionate exception" clause in their laws... i.e. if you need any "illegal drug" to survive, it is not illegal for you to possess the same.

Moot point now with even heroin legal to possess.

Dallas Denny - Hi, thanks for your reply (love your name!) And Andy is sort of here with us, in that I read him all the bits I think he'll find interesting (I would insert smiley face here if I could work out how to do it. Pathetic I know, but please use your imagination instead!)

Carl - thank you too (are you UK-based, and can I possibly PM you sometime please?)

Gaius - enjoy your trip (pun **absolutely** intended). We went to Amsterdam more because it was the quickest way to get our hands on anything at that time and felt desperate above any other reason, but we had a good time for the two days we were there. Check out the Argentinian steak dinners they offer there if you go - amazing!

Jay - it was 12 Euros for 10 grams. Stronger varieties 20 Euros for 20 grams. They come in a box that contain what loosely look small raisins. I'm going to try to attach a pic so you can see what they're like. I guess you can buy as many as you want, but I'm afraid I don't know about any limits - get in touch with some and they should be able to answer any more questions you have. Hope this helps to start you off: www.amsterdam.info/smartshops

And in case I should have mentioned this before, Andy's never taken any meds, only oxygen and energy drinks since diagnosis two years ago. He was diagnosed in London by Dr Manjit Matharu who gave him a list of all the drug options, then said that he didn't think any of them really worked though. But then he also said alcohol consumption won't make any difference either, and everyone knows what a beer can do, so what do any of the doctors know really....

Best wishes to everyone,

Carolyn

x

post-1213-14384707139993_thumb.jpg

Amsterdam here I come!!!!

and give "3rd Stone From the Sun" a double meaning.

I guess I'd be stoned on the "3rd Stone From the Sun"!   ;D  Hell, if it works & I can go, I'll go!

But I saw a news article recently that said the Dutch Parliament is considering making "drug tourism" illegal. They're considering making it so only Dutch citizens could use the drugs sold there - no foreigners.  >:(

I wonder whether they would still ship things worldwide? (thanks Eli for the info)

Hi last night I was watching tv and heard that my own (Polish) government thinks of legalising same as in Czech Republic possesion of low (0.2 gram max) dose for personal use without threat of prison.

So soon you could perhaps add Poland to the list(hopefuly) Though you never know since gov here is a bit circus-like tbh.

-Matthew

• 4 years later...
Hi Gaius,

I took my CH sufferer boyfriend Andy to Amsterdam where you can try magic mushrooms - well truffles to be precise - legally. You purchase them from a Smart Shop, and thereÂ’s plenty of them around in the Netherlands. It was a good experience, so hereÂ’s everything we know and how it worked out for us.

Magic mushrooms are illegal to take there as of a few years ago, but they found a workaround in magic truffles. I believe the only difference is truffles grow underground (while mushrooms grow overground) but they still contain psylocybin.

The legality of buying drugs in Amsterdam works like this. They have Cafes (for food, drink and alcohol), Coffeeshops (where you can legally buy and smoke cannabis on the premises, but canÂ’t get alcohol in the same place) and then there are Smart Shops where you can legally buy magic truffles. You canÂ’t miss them because they all have a great big mushroom symbol hanging outside them! I believe youÂ’re not allowed to take your truffles to a Coffeshop, Cafe or anywhere else public to actually consume them, but you can take them to your hotel room and eat them in privacy there. Also, somewhat bizarrely, smoking in public places is illegal there now, so youÂ’re not allowed to smoke a regular cigarette in Coffeshops, but you can smoke a joint.

After researching how Smart Shops work, I emailed two different ones and the one which sent me a reply was the one we went to visit. He said he hadnÂ’t heard about using psylocybin for cluster headaches before, but his colleague had. Their email pointed out that they cannot give any kind of medical advice with regards to taking the truffles (which is quite understandable) but if we came into the shop, they could give us all the info we wanted on the different strengths they sold and possible side effects. Everyone speaks perfect English in the Netherlands by the way, so donÂ’t hesitate about calling or emailing any Smart Shops there.

In the Smart Shop we went to, they kept 3 different strengths in a fridge: mild, medium and strong. We opted for mild. We were also advised that if it feels like a bad experience, something sweet like a spoon of sugar will abort the trip immediately. Although as it turned out, the only side effect was Andy getting a bit giggly at everything I said for two hours and feeling “really happy”. We could live with that!

The day we flew out from where we live in London (Jan this year) was the first 24-period in 12 weeks he hadnÂ’t had a headache at all. We went to the Smart Shop the next day and he went a further 5 days after the truffles with no symptoms at all, then a few shadows for a few days, then nothing at all till last month (itÂ’s currently back). How much of this was down to the cycle naturally coming to an end (although they never end abruptly for him, they always peter out) and how much was down to the truffles is at this stage unknown I guess. Which is why IÂ’m back reading all the posts this week.

I've also read your 'new member needs help' post today and my heart goes out to you, please hang in there. Have you tried Red Bull? When taken at the onset, Andy often finds this quite effective (but not coke and coffee so much, so it's more than just the caffeine ingredient).

Hope this helps you or anyone else considering giving Amsterdam a whirl. I think all of you are immensely brave and you have my utmost respect and admiration for what you all go through.

Carolyn

x

Strange information.. I thought Amsterdam is nearly drug free place to spend life but truth is something else..

All,

Wondering what (if any) countries have not made shrooms illegal? Thinking maybe There's somewhere I could go on a busting vacation and not have to worry about the unpleasantries of dealing with cops? Just looked at Erowid's site and it doesn't look there are any listed (except maybe Brazil). And it seems that since ClusterBusters was founded, it looks like more and more countries are making them illegal >:( I wonder if there's any correlation. "By God! These people are taking business and money away from doctors! And self-medicating! We gotta stop that! Who cares if they commit suicide to make the pain stop?"

Thoroughly Discouraged, Disgusted, and Depressed,

Gaius 

Hell, maybe if there is such a place a group or groups of us could go there and have a busting vacation/conference?

Shrooms are not legal in many countries

Hi Gaius,

The legality of buying drugs in Amsterdam works like this. They have Cafes (for food, drink and alcohol), Coffeeshops (where you can legally buy and smoke cannabis on the premises, but canÂ’t get alcohol in the same place) and then there are Smart Shops where you can legally buy magic truffles. You canÂ’t miss them because they all have a great big mushroom symbol hanging outside them! I believe youÂ’re not allowed to take your truffles to a Coffeshop, Cafe or anywhere else public to actually consume them, but you can take them to your hotel room and eat them in privacy there. Also, somewhat bizarrely, smoking in public places is illegal there now, so youÂ’re not allowed to smoke a Aerotank cigarette in Coffeshops, but you can smoke a joint.

Carolyn

x

Strange information.. I thought Amsterdam is nearly drug free place to spend life but truth is something else..

Anybody out there who has visited Amsterdam and seen all this rubbish..

• 3 years later...

It sounds almost too beautiful to be true but I bought this kind of magic truffles
It's a kind of egg that has grown for 6 months in truffles. By picking up the cap, growth begins because suddenly more oxygen is added. And then you can harvest truffles within 3 days. You can only harvest them after 3 weeks. You should have a crop of between 50 and 80 grams. Of course, for 35 euros that is very interesting. And an advantage is that you can only open the packaging after three months so that they can grow. Always fresh truffles. 

Now you get 2 packs for the price of 1 so I bought it and just try it.

Hi!

I'm not 100% sure about this, you'll have to look it up. Magics are perfectly legal in Canada until you dry them out. Mushroom season here on Vancouver Island...rains just started. I'm so happy...lol
: + ) = :)

Mike,

UPDATE EDIT:
I did a little looking around for us all on this issue (In Canada), where psilocybin (etc.)
Magic Mushrooms are schedule 3 under the CDSA, meaning you mush have a prescription from your doc. Being that there is significant evidence to correlate a positive outcome in the treatment of CH with LSD/MM, as evidenced in Dr. Sewell's study  (which I was an unselected participant). see it here
https://clusterbusters.org/treatments-options-choices-and-more/medications-for-cluster-headache/psilocybin-and-lsd-in-the-treatment-of-cluster-headaches/
If you've been diagnosed you should be able to take this to your doc and get "permission" to treat you headaches legitimately. I'm in the process of educating my new PCP on the benefits of the D3 anti-inflammatory regimen, benefits of loading doses (which she is skeptical of 50K/day period, never mind 14 days!) and the use of indol-ring substances (LSD/MM) in the treatment of CH.

I never go in to the doc's office unarmed, I always have printed studies and clinical trials, Random Control studies when I go in for appointments. I had to insist just to get a request for the 25(OH)D tests!!(Which I had to pay for! haha) I find the best weapon against "the beast" is to educate those claiming responsibility for the health of the people (Doctors) since we can't even access medical oxygen without their permission, this information needs to be spread around to ALL doctors!! I also believe it's up to us to do it, I appeal to doctors and their Hippocratic oath to do no harm, first and foremost. We suffer the greatest pains known to mankind, LSD/MM help alleviate the condition for, dare I say, MOST CH sufferers. It's ethically, morally and inherently wrong that known treatments are withheld for legal (see: for profit) reasons, nothing less.

I empathise and hope you can get some relief.Come to the island, I'll show you where they grow. ;) hehe
I got a l'il rebel in me when it comes to disobeying unjust "laws".
While I do not have direct "consent" from my PCP to use MM for the treatment of CH, I HAVE made it clear on the medical records that I DO use MM to treat my CH regardless of any (unjust) "laws".

PF wishes my lovlies! 

Mike

Edited by Mike from ORK
update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ate mushrooms in 2015 and had been pain free till a few months ago, it has been my longest remission period to date. So, i aquired more as of recently but have found little to no relief this go around. It could be the type or my dosesage, not sure where i went wrong. But i know in Japan shrooms are legal. You can Walk right up and get a cup of shroom tea, I’m thinking of moving there, just an expensive place to live.