LSD and Migraines

SmokeY

Hi!

For the past 2 years of my life I have had to live with intractable migraines. I often have 3-4 attacks a week, but between the attacks I have a constant headache not as severe as the attack but very painful nonetheless. Basically I am in pain everyday and have been for quite a long time.

I have been on close to 30 prescription drugs and have had little success. I have also had a fair share of adverse reactions.

About 1 year ago, 1 year after my diagnosis, I tried Cannabis for the first time. My sole intention was pain relief. Up until this point I had never smoked anything, broken any law, used any illicit substance, or even thought of it. I was not ashamed however because it did relieve my pain...but only temporarily.

So for the last year of my life I have smoked Cannabis everyday, usually multiple times in an effort to control my pain. I have seen a reduction in attacks but only slightly, and if i stop smoking, a few days later the pain comes back full force.

Recently a few of my good friends (with whom i consume cannabis) tried LSD and all had good experiences. I have stumbled upon this site before, and having done hours of research, I am confident that LSD could help my condition. Although I am hesitant in a way to ingest LSD. For awhile now I have been contemplating using LSD....it seems I have nothing to lose and much to gain.

My question is this: How can I most effectively treat/eradicate my migraines with LSD?

Is there anyone else who has had success treating themselves with LSD?

Can you take LSD as an abortive or a preventative? Both?

thanks in advance -smokey

SmokeY:

Many of us here are former migraine sufferers and some suffer both migraines and CH. You will get good advice about LSD and its potential for migraines. You may also look into the O2 page here. My migraines had morphed into Cluster Headaches before I discovered this site so never tried schrooms or LSD for migraines. I also found relief with pot for my migraines, but most here say it's more likely to trigger a CH that provide any relief. Stick around and the more knowledgeable with fill you in...

G'mornin Smokey

Welcome to the forum...sorry you had the need to find us though!!

I'm afraid I don't have any first hand experience using LSD for migraine.....I do, however have a friend that has migraines, icepicks, and CH who has been successful in using shrooms as a treatment!

I can also tell you from my research that Albert Hoffman was researching treatment for migraines when he created LSD.

Dallas Denny

My question is this: How can I most effectively treat/eradicate my migraines with LSD?

Is there anyone else who has had success treating themselves with LSD?

Can you take LSD as an abortive or a preventative? Both?

thanks in advance -smokey

Hello Smokey,

I have both CH, & Migraines. I have used RC seeds, Psilocybin, & LSD successfully to control my pain for several years.

I have read of other Migraine sufferers who have had the same success with RC's, & Psilocybin.

So my advice would be to detox from any medication you may be on at this moment in time, & give it a try.

I wish you well.

CArl...

I have CH and cronic migraine. The alts help the migraine a bunch and knocked the clusters off the map. You can't take the mushies every day but, they give me about a week of relief after I dose.

Mad6string

Yeah I had the chance to try it out on Tues. and even now, about 2 days later, no pain. It killed my migraine within the first few hours. Nor do I have a "shadow" headache... I am amazed to say the least.

Also, I took a "light" dose. While effects were noticeable and there was a change in perception, no hallucinations occured. I plan to take another dose maybe next week, just to be safe.

Took my second dose on monday, and developed an attack the next morning. The attack didnt last as long as usual, and the pain was more tolerable. Have one more dose to take on friday. Also, I dont seem to have much of a headache in between attacks. Will update again on friday! :)

Took my second dose on monday, Have one more dose to take on friday.

Hello SmokeY,

Friday is too soon to dose. You must wait at least 5 days before your next dose.

I honestly believe that not all the receptors in the brain are fully open after just 5 days, so a few years back, after much discussion with fellow CH'ers, we decided that waiting 7 days before dosing again is better.

Busting has worked better for me since adopting this method.

CArl...

Hi SmokeY and welcome!  I agree with Carl.  I have had more sucess dosing one a week.  I used seeds though.  I think you will find ClusterBusting is the way to go for your intractable migraines.  I definately think its a better treatment than cannabis.  Sounds like its already working!  Keep us posted!

Raquel aka Rock

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating, lots of things have happened. Took my 3rd dose about 3 weeks ago, and haven't had an attack since. However, for some strange reason I have developed TMJ symptoms, and I am having jaw pain and thus, a headache. My doctor just informed me I definately have TMJ. A maxillo-facial surgeon also told me wed. that I have migraines AND cluster-headaches. I have decided to stop taking LSD and cannabis, as I have been put on new meds (joy :-/). BUT, I am very glad that I tried it, as it has helped ALOT. I am thankful for you guys' support, and I just want to say, please, continue what you are doing, as people could and do benefit from these alternative treatments.

It's very hard to know that relief is possible, but prohibited.

But, my 3 doses helped my headaches way more than anything else, and it also inspired me. It kind of made ok with where I am, and where Im headed, because if I ever want that relief again, I know where it is. I have learned what is and isn't important, and learned about myself.

I will continue to try to find something that ales me, and one day I might come back to this...but sadly I cannot at this time in my life. Thank you all, and good luck!  [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Hi

I have migraine, CH, and TMJ. That goes for allot of us actually all this three things.

What you should stop, is cannabis. I tried and i got worse and worse and worse. It`s a vasodilator. It will give you more attacks, longer and more on going. As for TMJ, Jeff here has given us information about some very good  exercises. They are very  effective. You should really try. As long as you coninue smoke cannabis, you will not get better, not in the long run, and i doubt in short as well.

Sorry for being direct here now, but i don`t think you have given this treatment the chance it deserves?

Tingeling :)

Smokey:

I wish you luck with the TMJ stuff, it can be a nasty condition and seems it can irritate both migraines and clusters.

Sounds like you're in remission from the CH and the migraines are under control, overall going from 3-4 attacks per week with a constant background headache (from your first post) to none now.  Excellent!

Along the way you've become OK with where you are now and where you are going.  That is great.   

We're here if the headaches return.  Thank you for your thoughts and comments in your last post,

FG

PS:  Also, good for you on stopping the pot.

Edits because I can't spell.