Surface "touch" headaches?

jayhedges

The nerves that bothers us, lay in a kind of tunnel. And when everything get tighten, this tunnel "collapse".

Maybe we develope TMJ when the blood vessels in our heads swallows, everything gets a little bit too tight, and affect our jaw, with TMJ as the result. Maybe that`s way Larynx also get affected after awhile.

That will again give shoulder, hand and neck problems. All this are things that will affect Atlas spine. And i actually think it`s logical why we get little bit "wrong centred".

Can also excplain why it can be caused by head trauma, car accidents etc. sometimes. Who knows........ Not me....

I think CH came after i lost way too much blood actually. Because i slept in, and i think that did something with hormones. Severe blood loss can do that.

According to his opinion TMJ affects, muscles not nerves, in the throat, jaw, and scalp. He pressed on some points in my neck that made the Touch HA kip to about an 8.

From what I've been reading Jay, TMJ WILL affect the Trigeminal nerve as well as the muscles you have mentioned.

My chiro also could work certain points in my shoulder, neck, jaw and head and induce or reduce headaches instantly. 

We have been working this jaw theory now recently, and I have to say that its definitely working for me. I have not had a CH since last Wednesday. Only a very mild tingle of a shadow here and there and its gone as soon as I start the TMJ exercises.

I really think there is a link with Clusters and the TMJ. The Trigeminal nerve also meets up with a "central nerve bank" so to say, at the base of your skull in your neck. Thats where the signals are transferred and carried back to the brain. So, neck, shoulder and back issues could also effect these nerves as well and can occur due to misalignment of the jaw, neck etc.

Now, there are still many unknowns, but I'm trying to figure them out. Like, why do shrooms, LSD etc work? I think its a combination  of things. But heres what we know so far. 1.The bonding of the molecules to the serotonin receptors.  2. Shrooms make you yawn constantly. This releases stress in the jaw and may help to reset the TMJ due to the long deep yawns that are produced. 3. The general sense of wellness that occurs there after which can reduce the tightness of muscles that could be triggering the nerve activity. These could all be contributing factors.

I would like to investigate what hallucinogens do specifically to the parotid gland. This is the largest salivary gland in the face, and I've noticed alot of salivating/mucus while tripping. Also, the Trigeminal nerve passes right through this gland and this is the one he pushed on that seemed to release something last week and bring me into some PF days without busting.

You know, the painkilling effect from these substances, is many times more potent than opiates f ex.

The painrelief lasts for many weeks, but will disappear quickly from the system. The opiates stays for long, and will give painrelief for only a couple of hours.

Treatment here does something to our frequense. I think so at lest.

A growth in grey brain mass, increased hypathalamus, can`t come from TMJ.......?...

I think that`s more a symptom coming from the pressure in our heads that we experience.

Jeff, I had my second session with chiro today and he did the internal massage thing. Not as intense as you said or as he thought it would be, but over all my neck is much better. However, the "touch headache is worse now and has been with me non stop for six days. My ear and jaw are hurting more now than ever during this episode of whatever I have. Sounds like TMJ and may just take a while to fix. I did use O2 on it today and it helped. Not sure what to think of that because TMJ is muscular and should not respond to O2????

Regarding CH, I tend to agree with Tingling that the TMJ may be caused by the stress and muscle tensing, headbanging and general abuse we go thru during a CH cycle. I;m going to stick with the chiro to see if he can make what I have now go away, but plan to dose at the first sign of another cycle.

Keep thinking and posting. This is a good discussion and we are all learning.

Thanks,

Jay

Mad6string. You may be right about it never going away. I've had to chiro treatments and neck and jaw feels better but still have the headache. I did turn my O2 up to hyperventilate and it stopped the HA for about 4 hours. So this little almost painless touch HA does respond to O2 for me, but requires more than my CH. Go figure. Chiro thinks its TMJ and he fan help so will stay with it a while and report back.

Third Chiro treatment today and while my neck nd back are felling better than in years, surface HA continues at a very low level. Seems knowledgeable and honest and says it's the muscles causing the HA and to give it a few mor treatments. I still have an earache and soreness in my throat when I swallow, all on the CH side. Still going with TMJ for now.

What a great thread!  It sux that you guys have that "touch thing" but atleast you guys have each other and know your not crazy.  This place is the BEST!  I definately think the exercises work.  I have completely busted now, if I feel a twinge, I stretch my jaw, twinge gone.  It works out the soreness, which relieves stress.  I dont have TMJ, just a massive clencher while sleeping, I am so glad Jeff posted this, it might not work for everyone, but it helps me and I feel it is related but like Jay says, why does O2 work?  I have never had sucess with oxy BUT didnt have the proper equipment.  Its still just a big friggin mystery!  Hell, we will have this figured out before the docs do!  We are already doing a better job with ClusterBusting!  Which is in my opinion, better than meds. I am just thankful for all of you guys ahead of me that have passed all this info down!  Thanks and EVERYONE here ROCKS!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 

4th Chiro treatment for TMJ today. Again back and neck feel better than ever. Up to 15 miles on my bike the last two days. But no change in the surface HA, and sore throat is worse. everything is still on the CH side. Use about 5 minutes of O2 when I get up with a HA and another 5 Minutes when I go to bed for HA. Otherwise just waiting it out.

Took 40 RC seeds this morning as a preventative dose with no affects of any kind. Guess I used enough lemon juice that they didn't even taste that bad. No upset stomach and nothing close to CH symptoms. Will do 40 more in about 2 weeks as prevent again.