Conference takeaways?

CHfather

CHF,

TONS were discussed, but the only take away that I got that seemed to work was "Up the dose".  It sounds like more of us that are on MM long term are running into it slowly stopping it's magic.  The good news is continuing to change substances seems to help.  While psychedelics are cross tolerant for recreational use, they don't seem cross tolerant for our CH.  Of course me personally am on my third substance after the first two stopped keeping my CH away.  (but I got most of 6 years pain free from the first two!!!  Wahoooo). :) 

J

• Like 2

1.Restarting the D3 regimen because I am stupid and stopped.  My test came back with 30.2 so I am ready to boost it to 100.

2.I am going to try the new O2 steps of hyperventilating before I start it

3.Going to talk to Dr. Plato about DHE and also the other options for the ATI Stimulation

4.Starting back on 5-meO-DALT after I learned that the maintenance dose should be taken every 5 days instead of once a month :P 

• Like 1

This was my first conference, it will not be my last. The fact that the established medical community (docs & pharma) were in attendance just reinforces the validity of these alternative therapies. There many options put on the table, it's hard to know where to begin.

• Like 2

ZGreek,

I agree with ThatHurtsMyHead. When I dose with seeds I drink it just before i go to sleep at night. For me I do not feel the upset stomach or any other side effects this way. With MM I can not take it before bed, if I do I can not sleep.

It was another amazing Conference.  Inspiration levels are again boosted to the ceiling.

I'd have to take away an incredible chat with "Batch", to get me going on the D3 and extra push on the exhaling techniques for O2.  Mixing-up preventatives also seems like a great way to go.

Can't wait to see what my doctor has to say now! 

weatherman

zgreek,

I'd start low maybe 30 RC seeds.  

1) Grind (coffee grinder works great)

2) Soak for 2 hours in Distilled water with a few drops of lemon (real lemon).  Use a shot glass, half filled.

3) drink the entire sludge, slimy stuff down (it's pretty vile)

Some people filter the liquid, but I've always had problems getting all the liquid out, as it' makes a sorta slimy jello like almost stuff.

Make sure you have some benadryl and emitrol (anti nausea liquid) close by.  benadryl if you get any uncomfortable vaso constriction.  (I usually get a little).  If you get any stomach cramps or nausea, take a few sips of emitrol and it usually leaves in 5 to 10 minutes.  If not feeling better by then take more.  It's just glucose, so you can take as much as you need to stop the nausea. 

Some people take it just before bed.  I prefer to take it around 3pm.  That gives me enough time for it to work through my system before bed (around midnight).

Ping with questions. :)

J

I posted on this two nights ago but either I goofed it up or it was yanked for reasons I don't understand.  I suspicion the former.  I found the conference to be extremely informative.  it was my first conference and coming off the most brutal cycle for me to date it was surprisingly helpful to be among individuals will actually understand.  It also made me strangely grateful that I am able to deal with this beast most of the time and able to work. Many are not quite as lucky and my support and heart goes out to them.

Other than the spirit of family and support that permeated the conference I am most impressed by the willingness to share valuable information and experiences in a self-help sort of way directed at finding a way to managing the beast. The presence of health care providers who have a true interested in treating this condition really warmed my heart. The physicians provided tangible evidence that folks are actively looking at ways of managing this condition. The advice on how to interact with your physician was invaluable. The research comparing psylocibin to placebo in an IRB approved study will prove to be invaluable and hopefully validate the experience of all the citizen scientists who paved the way for alternative treatments.I hope the work being done proves to be landmark research in traditional medicine. For a highly credentialed academic to engage in such a study is nothing short of courageous.

The work with electrical stimulation was also exciting and I will anxiously await the updates. Unfortunately I suspect the price point for such a device is given a be fairly formidable and there will be a lot of push back from third party reimbursement.  nevertheless it's exciting technology and if it works should also help understand what causing these problems.

• Like 2

Zgreek,

I do the same as THMH except I drink it just before bed time. For me I do not feel any symptoms at all and sleep like a baby. When I take it during the day I get an upset stomach, feels like I need to throw up. I do not feel any other effect from seeds much different than MM for me.

• 5 years later...

This was my first conference and first for many things I didn't know of with this beast. I'm glad I didn't explore more of the videos available online before going because I probably wouldn't have held it together as well as I did. I cried most of the drive home and cried a whole hell of a lot more since.  Truly life changing and I'm greatful to have had the opportunity to meet the community of people who have saved my life. There is so much to process it hasn't all really set in yet. I've got tools in the box now i never knew of and I know now everything is going to be ok. It was a video of Mr. Wold from 2013 that started my journey to Clusterbusters in 2018 and it just happened to be Mr. Wold who would be the first clusterhead I would look eyes and shake hands with, call it fate, I call it an honor! I love you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1