Insert Device

MrsRobinson

Hi all -

Who has a device inserted - Onsi (sp?)

Will you talk to me about it - my husband is considering this next to end the pain.

His med list is off the hook. Another member told me he's on so much medication - that's why the O2 won't work.

verapermil

migranal spray

lithium

lidocaine spray

several cans of O2 a day

nexium

simvastin

hctz

xanax

and 2 pain medications

all in massive doses.

he can not just 'stop' taking everything - but if we taper everything down - would this device help?

thank you for your advice.

I love this support group!

Hugs

Deidre

Yes, I know - his doctor is a moron/asshole

This medicine list is actually quite similar to many here at one point or another.  I would suggest trying to taper off and just use 02 and red bulls and then give RC seeds or shrooms a try.  If that doesn't work, then he could consider further options.  Just my one cent worth.

I would suggest trying to taper off and just use 02 and red bulls and then give RC seeds or shrooms a try.If that doesn't work, then he could consider further options.

I agree birdman!  I personally chose the less invasive route, and have never regretted it.

Another member told me he's on so much medication - that's why the O2 won't work. 

Hi Dee!!

Good to see you back on the board!! 

The meds are also the reason "busting" has been largely ineffective for Vernon as well I'm afraid Deidre.......

......just try to get him detoxed the best that you can this time and hopefully he'll get enough relief to cut down some more before his next bust......as others are going to tell you though, Lithium, DHE, and all Triptans are absolutes!!!!

I'm sure Lee Ann will be around shortly to share her and Dan's experience with ONSI.....

As always my prayers and PF thoughts are comin ya'lls way!!

Dallas Denny

You probably have, but if you haven't already, go look at www.clusterheadaches.com message board. I think at least 2 or 3 people have had the implant. If my memory is working right, the topics were "ONS" and "Occiptal Nerve" something-or-other.

But PF thoughts, wishes, vibes, & prayers coming your way!!!! Hang in there!!!

"If you're going through Hell, keep on going."

Hello Dee,

Detoxing from so much medication is going to be very difficult, & has to be done gradually, & as with any drug, he is going to suffer withdrawal.

However. If the medication is no longer working, then why continue to take it?

It's criminal that Dr are allowed to continue to give so much medication to sufferers, without realising that they are actually fueling the situation, & making the condition much worse than it ever was. The chemical imbalance which is now taking place inside your husband is common amongst CH sufferers.

Busting using Alternatives will not work until he is drug free. A path we have all had to tread.

"ONSI". Short for "Optical Nerve Stimulation" Implants.

OUCH (UK) seems to be the place to go now for information regarding this procedure. many on that forum have had this procedure done, & many are still waiting. As far as I am aware. Non who have the implants are drug free, so take from that what you will.

I can understand your husbands pain, but it would be foolish to under go surgery, before first giving Alt's try.

I wish you well.

CArlxx