Oxygen Mask question

john2000

20 hours ago, zgreek said:

Hey bb1283, I purchased a demand valve last year after the CB Conf., on the recommendation of another clusterhead. It works really well, and saves a lot of O2.

Thanks, zgreek,

Was there anything special involved in setting this up?  For example, it doesn't seem to come with a mask -- does a regular NRB or ClusterO2 mask fit on it??  

Regarding the demand valve from DAN.  I talked to someone there and he said the demand valve was a CGA 870, like medical oxygen tanks take, which is fine.  That's what I have.  I also have an old 540 but I cannot find oxygen for it. 

To CHF, a 6' hose comes with the demand valve. I use the CB mask, without the bag, O2 flows only when you inhale. I also use a welding regulator (this can be opened to well past 40 LPM), I don't know my liters per minute, the regulator reads in PSI, when using the non demand valve set up, I opened the valve enough to fill the bag and keep it filled. With the demand valve I open the regulator enough to take in whatever amount of O2 I desire, again only when I inhale. Here's a pic of how I use the Demand Valve.

bb1283, don't know which it is, maybe Racer1_NC will chime in, he's well versed in this.

DV2.jpg

23 hours ago, bb1283 said:

Regarding the demand valve from DAN.  I talked to someone there and he said the demand valve was a CGA 870, like medical oxygen tanks take, which is fine.  That's what I have.  I also have an old 540 but I cannot find oxygen for it. 

Demand valves on med regulators need a DISS fitting. DISS fittings can be found on either type regulator but they are not standard on either type.

I've seen welding regs that can support the demand valves as well.