RegisterYourJourney app Published

registrateyourjourney

Yeah, I made it. I've finaly uploaded my app idea to the Play Store and sended out emails to all the Android users that signed in to become a tester of the app. This means we are finally in the testingfase of the RegisterYourJourney app.

If testing goes well, I will publish the app as soon as possible for everybody to use. It will be free fo download.

A small explication of why I've made an app for us.

All the years that I already have cluster attacks, I've been looking for an simple way to register my attacks and everything I do to feel better. This is what I see as my personal journey.

Excel sheets didn't work for me because its not an easy way, most apps only gave me the option to register attacks and medicine use, but we do so much more than that. A lot of apps also ask to many things when you want to register an attack. This is really nice to know but if my attacks starts, it hits me like lightning and I don't think about filling out a form with questions. 

The information collected in these apps are mostly stored in an agenda, nice, but it gives me no clear view on what I've done because I need to open day by day to find out.

What does my app different for us

RegistrateYourJourney gives the option to register whatever you want. If you would like to register only medicine use and attacks than you only add "Cluster headache" and "Your Medicines" as buttons to the app and you can push the buttons to register these items.

Benefit now is that you can also register your vitamin D, magnesium or magic mushroom use. Or you can register the use of coffee if you are interesed in knowing if the use of coffee has any influence on your attacks.

I've made (for the moment) 7 groups of buttons: Symptoms, Medicine, Alternative Medicine,Therapies, Vitamins and minerals, food and drinks and activity.

In every group are some items listed, but it is still a small collection. If you need an extra button like a medicine that isn't listed or another therapy, just go to the website and request a new button and I will add it as soon as possible.

Why would this app help us?

I strongly believe that if we can register all we individual think is important, we will find more structure in our attacks. Maeby we can find out why Vit D seems to work for one and not for the other as a lot of things we try. Meaby we can try things together and registrate this also together, so we can do some investigation ourselves. Meaby we can combine our data with the weather report or allergy reports so we can see if there is a correlation between attacks and weather or pollen. Maeby later we can combine it with data collected in a health watch, but thats all future.

The other side is that I think that pushing a button is easier than filling in reports. The easier it is to register, the more data we can collect. That has been the base of my idea.

Hope you will all enjoy the app. It will be free to download from the Play Store for Android users. iTunes/Apple users have to wait a little bit more. The iOS project is finished but the publication time for iOS is way longer.

If you want to become a tester, for this version and future ones, please send me an email and I will add you as soon as possible. Please mention the type of phone, operating system, the email address you use for the Play Store or iTunes and you name so I can add you correctly to the list. (Without the correct email address I can't add you to the whitelist for testers)

Hope that I can contribute to our journey finding a solution and that everybody feels well.

post-22729-0-94574900-1475140243_thumb.png

post-22729-0-59899800-1475140244_thumb.png

post-22729-0-10719400-1475140246_thumb.png

post-22729-0-42364000-1475140246_thumb.png

post-22729-0-80991100-1475140246_thumb.png

post-22729-0-19881400-1475140247_thumb.png

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I see my message had some views but no reactions. I hope this doesn't mean that there is no interest in logging detailed all you do to feel better.

Would be nice if we could register detailed information all together.

Now we are all talking about a lot of treatments, MM, Magnesium, vit D, running, resting, energy drink and other stuff. Some report that it isn't working, others say it does........why?

Maybe we are just doing combinations different or the timing of doing those things..

Hopefully  more detailed data could give us more knowledge of these differences.

Hi Treelove,

We have some problems with the certificates we add to the app. Apple doesn't accept the upload because of that. I haven't figured out the problem. If you send you name, email of iTunes and type of phone to info@registeryourjourney.com I will add you to the list of testers and you can try it our before everybody else. 

I've added a slideshow to my website to show you haw its working. I found out that a lot of people like the idea but had no clue exactly what I meant. So I made a slideshow explaining everything.

(www.registeryourjourney.com)

I've responded to Bob, I understand his concerns. I just hope he will give me a change.

I offer my work for free, and there will be always a free version. But if there are a lot of people using the app and all cost for maintenance gets more, we need to figure out something. In my point of view there are different options. The users pays, it runs on volunteers or it has enough donations. One way or the other, there will always be a moment that something is going to cost money. And if you don't pay with money, you pay in other forms, like in facebook with your personal profile..

I hope we all agree to that

What I've build doesn't collect any information about the user, its a stand alone app that helps you to (and me) collect the data you want and It safe it on your phone. From there you can only email it to the email address you fill-in in the sending form. No other communication is possible.

I made a very basic app so we can all try the idea. Now its up to the users to like it, use it, advice me about new options and please: Know what you have done in the past, how your attacks have been just by clicking a button.